Places to go in NY?

I know alot of you guys reside in New York or go there alot, so what are some good places to check out? Food, art,music, everything. Staying two blocks fromCentral Park from Wednesday til Sunday. Thanks

at this time of the year rockafeller center is real nice and the whole area around there is
pimp.gif
. The whole area is filled with elaborate decorations and the shopping in thatarea is
pimp.gif
as well.

Originally Posted by brooklynnyc3000

Ellis Island
Brooklyn Bridge
Rockefeller Center
Apollo Theater
Empire State Building
and Times Square
Union Square (if you want to hang out)
South Street Seaport (right off of the Brooklyn Bridge)
The Statue of Liberty (if you're going to Ellis Island, you might as well)
Columbus Circle (same as Union Square)

Originally Posted by instant klassic

Originally Posted by NayokoChan

Originally Posted by brooklynnyc3000

Ellis Island
Brooklyn Bridge
Rockefeller Center
Apollo Theater
Empire State Building
and Times Square
Union Square (if you want to hang out)
South Street Seaport (right off of the Brooklyn Bridge)
The Statue of Liberty (if you're going to Ellis Island, you might as well)
Columbus Circle (same as Union Square)
Why would you recommend Times Square to him? That is quite possibly the worst place on Earth, any real New Yorker can tell you that. It's full of the suckiest people you could find.

And Columbus Circle is not like Union Square.
He asked for suggestions and I thought that'd be a good place (minus the sucky people) to go because of all the random crap over there likethe wax museum. But feel free to disregard it since you have an abundance of locations to choose from.

It's like Union Square in the sense that it's a wide open space for people to just sit and hang out. You know, by the fountain?

skating rink in Rockefeller Center
5th ave, FAO schwarz toy store
see a show at Broadway
radio city
carriage ride in central park
metropolitan museum
empire state
grab a slice at Grimaldi's

Times Square....Anywhere in Mid-Town....Central Park....Any club on Flatbush in BK....N.Y. has been dead lately but Rockefeller is nice this time of year...btwI checked out this Wax museum off of the WSH and restaurant for 40 bucks it was pretty cool for a Saturday afternoon.
Really all I do is by clothes...so 31st and Park....Atlantic Mall....Jamaica Ave Coliseum.....and anywhere on 5th Avenue is an adventure in it's self
pimp.gif

Come to my apartment on 139th and Amsterdam, we'll hit the slopes and listen to hard-style/electronic
pimp.gif

Why would you recommend Times Square to him? That is quite possibly the worst place on Earth, any real New Yorker can tell you that. It's full of the suckiest people you could find.

The OP is clearly a tourist. And for a tourist, Times Square is a must-see. Personally, I haven't been there (well, the heart of the area) inseven years.

laugh.gif
@ Columbus Circle and Union Square being the same thing... Both arenice spots for a visit though. Columbus Circle is interesting with all the rich folk but it's also pretty calming there. If you have the money, go eat atBouchon in the Time Warner building and order the grilled cheese and tomato soup, sooo f'ing good.

Union Square is really fun though.. I could sit there all day and people watch. Plus there's a lot of stuff to do near by. I'd def hit up St Marks,125th, Central Park, The Village, maybe even some Williamsburg. If you want to experience the night life and willing to spend the money, go out near 26th& 9-10th aves.. all those clubs near there. There's always lines but most the girls are
pimp.gif
Hit Mansion, Home, etc.. Sway on Monday nights is good too if you like reggae,hip hop

OP, it all really depends what you're into, be a bit more specific

Times Square is annoying, but I agree it's kind of a must-see just for the experience. Full of tourists and hoodrats.

Sucks the weather isn't warmer, I'd def say walk the Brooklyn Bridge.

Central Park
NBA Store
Empire St. Building
Ground Zero
Wall St.
Canal St.

Those are a few of the places I went to when I went up there for three nights this past summer.

Originally Posted by ZeroGravity23

skating rink in Rockefeller Center
5th ave, FAO schwarz toy store
see a show at Broadway
radio city
carriage ride in central park
metropolitan museum
empire state
grab a slice at Grimaldi's
I like this list.

Schwartz is a must.

Go to Times Square thats where the real new yorkers are. Trust me. Don't forget your I <3 NY shirt and Sbarro pizza
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

The OP is clearly a tourist. And for a tourist, Times Square is a must-see. Personally, I haven't been there (well, the heart of the area) in seven years.
word

and
laugh.gif
at lurkin

if you want to have tons of fun. Hit up Brownsville, East New York, Flatbush. Make sure you go at night, their light shows are amazing.

8db3641e4aac58c76c77ebfbbc63bab1f7ef5efd.gif
another thread with lames citing the problem areas withexaggeration. first off, the pink houses isnt even bad anymore, ya dudes must be cottonelle soft if ya think its dangerous. i myself cant wait until theygentrify all of Brooklyn, so all these lames could stop hyping up the tough neighborhoods out here. "yea son, come to ENY, where you will get shot onsite, fam" sound like a bunch of clowns
f8f164485a6de1b1b01ce2d0d8c7052478ab8630.gif

Originally Posted by Black Milk

8db3641e4aac58c76c77ebfbbc63bab1f7ef5efd.gif
another thread with lames citing the problem areas with exaggeration. first off, the pink houses isnt even bad anymore, ya dudes must be cottonelle soft if ya think its dangerous. i myself cant wait until they gentrify all of Brooklyn, so all these lames could stop hyping up the tough neighborhoods out here. "yea son, come to ENY, where you will get shot on site, fam" sound like a bunch of clowns
f8f164485a6de1b1b01ce2d0d8c7052478ab8630.gif

^^^Amen...he would definitely be one of my black friends
laugh.gif

2mwv2hg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom