Places to stay in Tokyo

I'm going to Tokyo soon. My gf lives there but I'm gonna be getting a hotel. I know alotta NT heads been to Japan. Can anyone recommend a place that is decent/won't break the bank/good central location?
I'm looking to pay about 100-150$ US a night.

nerd.gif

I'm going to Tokyo soon. My gf lives there but I'm gonna be getting a hotel. I know alotta NT heads been to Japan. Can anyone recommend a place that is decent/won't break the bank/good central location?
I'm looking to pay about 100-150$ US a night.

nerd.gif

laugh.gif
$100 a night huh... Umm. I have to look into some things. Everytime I've gone to Tokyo I've spent a little bit more than that per night, but package deals on expedia or travelocity help.

laugh.gif
$100 a night huh... Umm. I have to look into some things. Everytime I've gone to Tokyo I've spent a little bit more than that per night, but package deals on expedia or travelocity help.

Japanese girls will live with their parents until marriage.  Get a Tokyu Inn near any major station and be done with it.

Japanese girls will live with their parents until marriage.  Get a Tokyu Inn near any major station and be done with it.

Originally Posted by CAtoNY

Yea, this is it essentially. This is the first time I'll probably meet her folks, roomin with them out of the blue is pretty much out of question. Lemme ask you guys something else, if a guy goes to visit his girl in another country (the one she lives in), is it a bum move to ask her to spot half of the cost for the hotel? 
laugh.gif

Yea, this is it essentially. This is the first time I'll probably meet her folks, roomin with them out of the blue is pretty much out of question. Lemme ask you guys something else, if a guy goes to visit his girl in another country (the one she lives in), is it a bum move to ask her to spot half of the cost for the hotel? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sauuceking

laugh.gif

Come on man lol. You even had to laugh at that one 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sauuceking

laugh.gif

Come on man lol. You even had to laugh at that one 
laugh.gif

Toyoko Inn. It's close to major train stations over there. It should be right around your budget, I stayed at a Toyoko Inn Hotel in Osaka and it cost me about $80+ a night, but Tokyo is more expensive than Osaka

How long are you planning to stay there OP?

There are also affordable gusethouses/hostels over there. Check out www.sakura-house.com.
I stayed at Sakura House (guesthouse) for 6 weeks over there, if you're gonna be there for more than 10 days you're better of living in the guesthouse.
The place I stayed at was charging a $1000 a month, so it came around to $30+ a day, so anything for more than 10 days living in a guesthouse would be a cheaper alternative instead of staying in a hotel $100-$150 a night

Toyoko Inn. It's close to major train stations over there. It should be right around your budget, I stayed at a Toyoko Inn Hotel in Osaka and it cost me about $80+ a night, but Tokyo is more expensive than Osaka

How long are you planning to stay there OP?

There are also affordable gusethouses/hostels over there. Check out www.sakura-house.com.
I stayed at Sakura House (guesthouse) for 6 weeks over there, if you're gonna be there for more than 10 days you're better of living in the guesthouse.
The place I stayed at was charging a $1000 a month, so it came around to $30+ a day, so anything for more than 10 days living in a guesthouse would be a cheaper alternative instead of staying in a hotel $100-$150 a night

laugh.gif

1st thing that came to mind were those godawful squealing pr0ns 
alien.gif
.. like they dont enjoy that stuff at all.
30t6p3b.gif
.. OP, pls tell me your girl isnt like this. 

laugh.gif

1st thing that came to mind were those godawful squealing pr0ns 
alien.gif
.. like they dont enjoy that stuff at all.
30t6p3b.gif
.. OP, pls tell me your girl isnt like this. 

Cool thanks for the tips. I'll be in Tokyo for 6 days, then we're going to China together for another week. I was planning to stay at the Disney Sea resort for a night then saw the hotel prices there were like 400$ US a night, cheapest. Easy pass. 
I'm debating between being cheap (80$-100$) or letting lose a bit (~$150). I mean, I don't go to Japan everyday... it seems if I pay a few more bucks I can get quite a nicer place.

Cool thanks for the tips. I'll be in Tokyo for 6 days, then we're going to China together for another week. I was planning to stay at the Disney Sea resort for a night then saw the hotel prices there were like 400$ US a night, cheapest. Easy pass. 
I'm debating between being cheap (80$-100$) or letting lose a bit (~$150). I mean, I don't go to Japan everyday... it seems if I pay a few more bucks I can get quite a nicer place.

Disney Sea?  
alien.gif
   Try to be in/near Shibuya, Shinjuku, Ikebukuro, or Ueno for convenience. 

Back
Top Bottom