Plain clothes Ny cop runs up on black dude, gets shot and dies

#ntextremes

not one person is justifying the death of someone

Not one. Not a single person

Last edited:
Some of y'all are really saying that WORDS, "talking reckless" and "driving up to him" are a reason to start shooting?

Wow.

Last edited:
Amazing how any of you can justify this at all.

Murdering a black man or murdering a police officer is still murder.

Y'all are just as sick and twisted as the people who ride for cops no matter what.
Avvy to post ratio off the charts

On topic, the cop didn't deserve to die.

To go "this is what happens sometimes" is equally as disgusting as the typical defense of a cop who shot a black person.

Murder is murder

Last edited:
Some of y'all are really saying that WORDS, "talking reckless" and "driving up to him" are a reason to start shooting?

Wow.

Words do matter. :lol: come up to someone with a gun talking crazy. They state they'll shoot you yet people still don't stop and get shot, that's on them. Respect people's boundaries. You don't try and fight people with guns.

Last edited:
Dude didn't know the undercover was a cop.

Undercover prolly was talking that junk and the guy he was talking to happened to be the wrong one.

Not justifying anything, all I'm saying is that undercovers have a history of inflammatory behavior. Instead of playing it cool and looking for crime they create a crime by baiting and provoking.

It isn't reported whether or not the officers identified themselves when they approached the suspect.

All that we know is they suspected him of having something, possibly a firearm, in his waistband.

With the climate of gun control in NYC folks don't carry firearms unless they're a jack or they got crazy beef.

Dude prolly thought he was getting ran up on.

Not a justification, it's just that plainclothes cops in NYC have a long illustrious history of line stepping.
You're making assumptions about the cop involved in this incident based on your own personal opinion of undercover cops in general.  They approached the guy because they suspected him of having a gun, which he obviously did.  Considering they never even got out of the car, it's not like they just picked the guy out of nowhere and decided to stop and frisk him.  If you've lived in NYC, you know what an unmarked police car looks like.   You honestly think this guy saw 2 white guys in an unmarked police car and thought he was getting ran up on by anyone other than the police?  

Wow.

In this case, that's what happened.

Nobody is justifying the incident but again these undercovers oft act like thugs and gangsters.

If they didn't even end up being cops you wouldn't even care.

Folks can kill each other left & right and nobody bats an eye.

In the end the NYPD has a history of artificially perpetuating crime rather than actually stopping crime organically.

Lofty arrest stats mean not a damn thing.

It's time for change in policies and practices.

At days end Im not going to sit here and cry over one dead cop when many innocent civilians have died at the hands of this police department.

In the end BS practices get BS results and violence begets violence. They suspected dude had a gun, at that point what is there to talk about or exchange words over? At that point the charade should have been over and they should have identified themselved as police.

You're making assumptions about the cop involved in this incident based on your own personal opinion of undercover cops in general.  They approached the guy because they suspected him of having a gun, which he obviously did.  Considering they never even got out of the car, it's not like they just picked the guy out of nowhere and decided to stop and frisk him.  If you've lived in NYC, you know what an unmarked police car looks like.   You honestly think this guy saw 2 white guys in an unmarked police car and thought he was getting ran up on by anyone other than the police?  

Not all unmarked cars are impalas or other generic police vehicles.

I've seen dudes hop out minivans.

Again what I AM saying is if they suspected dude had a gun at that point what was there to have a discussion about?

What was the discourse about?

The weather?

Drop the charade and do your jobs.

In this case, that's what happened.

Nobody is justifying the incident but again these undercovers oft act like thugs and gangsters.

If they didn't even end up being cops you wouldn't even care.

Folks can kill each other left & right and nobody bats an eye.

In the end the NYPD has a history of artificially perpetuating crime rather than actually stopping crime organically.

Lofty arrest stats mean not a damn thing.

It's time for change in policies and practices.

At days end Im not going to sit here and cry over one dead cop when many innocent civilians have died at the hands of this police department.

In the end BS practices get BS results and violence begets violence. They suspected dude had a gun, at that point what is there to talk about or exchange words over? At that point the charade should have been over and they should have identified themselved as police.
Wow, generalize much?  Since you seemed to have been there and are certain the cop who got shot and died talked reckless, what else happened?

Wow, generalize much?  Since you seemed to have been there and are certain the cop who got shot and died talked reckless, what else happened?

Did I say that they indeed spoke recklessly?

I'm speculating.

But based on the information we have they engaged in a conversation with the shooter after already having noticed a firearm in his waistband.

At that point what good could come out of talking to the guy?

But based on the information we have they engaged in a conversation with the shooter after already having noticed a firearm in his waistband.

Where are you getting this supposed conversation from?

All I've read is that

1 They saw him adjusting his waistband

2 They pulled up behind him and told him to stop

3 They were shot at

They didn't even exit their vehicles

Last edited:
Nobody was talking. The cops pulled up behind him and Moore shot them in their cars

Incorrect.

Reread the article.

They pulled up on him and I quote "exchanged words".

Then the shooting occurred.

Again I ask, what needed to be said except "let me see your hands" with guns drawn?

Where are you getting this supposed conversation from?

All I've read is that

1 They saw him adjusting his waistband

2 They pulled up behind him and told him to stop

3 They were shot at

They didn't even exit their vehicles

Reread article dude.

They "exchanged words" where does it say they ordered him to "stop"?

Incorrect.

Reread the article.

They pulled up on him and I quote "exchanged words".

Then the shooting occurred.

Again I ask, what needed to be said except "let me see your hands" with guns drawn?
Suspect was told to stop after they saw him adjust himself suspiciously. Cops were then shot in their car

http://abcnews.go.com/US/nypd-cop-brian-moore-dies-saturday-shooting-queens/story?id=30792888

Whatever happened, I don't really care. They're gonna throw the book at the dude anyway, and this isn't exactly Walter Scott we're talking about here

Last edited:
it's not brutality/illegal to tell a person to stop.

it's not brutality/illegal to drive towards a potential suspect.

this case isn't an example of police wrongdoing

EDIT: the title of this thread is damb near race baiting.... fontaine you are better than that. This is the type of stuff that whitesupremacists point to when we have an actual situation where there is police misconduct,

Last edited:
Suspect was told to stop after they saw him adjust himself suspiciously. Cops were then shot in their car

http://abcnews.go.com/US/nypd-cop-brian-moore-dies-saturday-shooting-queens/story?id=30792888

Whatever happened, I don't really care. They're gonna throw the book at the dude anyway

So now we have two conflicting reports.

One saying words were exchanged, another reporting the cops ordering the shooter to stop (which is odd in itself, what cop sits in his car asking an individual suspected to have a firearm on his person to "stop" instead of getting out guns drawn ordering to see hands?).

:smh:

Last edited:
So now we have two conflicting reports.

One saying words were exchanged, another reporting the cops ordering the shooter to stop (which is odd in itself, what cop sits in his car asking an individual suspected to have a firearm on his person instead of getting out guns drawn ordering to see hands?).

1. if the police said stop to him... that is an exchange of words (probably didnt just say "stop" but a sentence telling him to stand still, or come over)

2. The cops didn't have visibility of the gun... they probably didnt wanna run with guns out and it ended up being just a random guy adjusting his belt or something.

Last edited:
1. if the police said stop to him... that is an exchange of words (probably didnt just say "stop" but a sentence telling him to stand still, or come over)

2. The cops didn't have visibility of the gun... they probably didnt wanna run with guns out and it ended up being just a random guy adjusting his belt or something.

If they had only ordered him to stop and he had said nothing else, no reply, no "exchange" then no that is not an exchange of words.

That would be an order.

Not an exchange.

Secondly, if that's the case then why approach an individual for simply adjusting his waistband?

Sometimes a dude's shorts are slightly askew. Sometimes I gotta adjust my junk.

That wouldn't and shouldn't be enough to inspire reasonable suspicion in the mind of an officer.

They had a strong suspicion that the individual had a gun and they were correct. If the suspicion was that great you need to be more assertive as a cop.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom