plasma or LCD

In the market for a new TV
I really don't watch too much tv but i need a new one for about  600-700
I probably only watch/play video games about 4 hours a week
so do I need a plasma or LCD?

nerd.gif

i heard video games feel different on certain tvs is it on the plasma or lcd? also look into LED bro

its like asking bud light or miller lite?

a lot of it comes down to personal preference. My last 2 HDTV purchases were both LCD's (Sharp Aquos D64 and Sony Bravia Z-series). Not that I have anything against LCD, as I have been an LCD supporter for several years, but I think my next purchase is gonna be plasma. The picture quality (assuming glare and light are not an issue in the room) is 2nd to none

You should spend $200 more and cop a 40'' Samsung LED with 1080p and 120 hz. It's on slickdeal's front page as of yesterday, haven't checked today.

Originally Posted by j0rDan23dunker

i want one of these:

[h1]Samsung UN55C7000 55-Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3D LED HDTV:[/h1]
319n-IiBnjL.jpg

3400 bucks ^

we just started selling it...the glasses which are not included are an additional 300 and very uncomfortable. i think the player is like another 3-400 as well. but the movies when you watch em are so freaking cool.

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

Originally Posted by j0rDan23dunker

i want one of these:

[h1]Samsung UN55C7000 55-Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3D LED HDTV:[/h1]
319n-IiBnjL.jpg

3400 bucks ^

we just started selling it...the glasses which are not included are an additional 300 and very uncomfortable. i think the player is like another 3-400 as well. but the movies when you watch em are so freaking cool.
do you guys price match? Fry's has it on sale for $2969.

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

You should spend $200 more and cop a 40'' Samsung LED with 1080p and 120 hz. It's on slickdeal's front page as of yesterday, haven't checked today.

thanks

Ill check it out

But I heard there is not point in getting 1080 unless its a 50 plus cuz you really cant tell the difference.

Originally Posted by stepinitup

thanks

Ill check it out

But I heard there is not point in getting 1080 unless its a 50 plus cuz you really cant tell the difference.

Why don't you go to the store and compare 720 and 1080 side by side...you will see a difference.
Only thing is, pretty much the only thing that uses full 1080 as of now is Blu-Ray...video games and TV are in 720 or slightly higher.

Originally Posted by stepinitup

thanks

Ill check it out

if it's 32 inches and below, there is no difference

but 40 and up, yes there's a difference

Back
Top Bottom