playing acoustic guitar VOL is it hard?

get the tuner and a couple of picks plus a capo you should be set
i recommend ultimate-guitar. com for tabs
tabs are easily read and self-explanatory the rest is practice
I self taught myself the guitar started in last August

It's easy to pick up if you already know how to play/read music. I taught myself, but I already knew how to play the piano.

it's going to be impossible on that thing. the strings will probably break in no time and shred your fingers, it won't be able to hold a tune and itwill sound like the equivalent of AM radio

you buy cheap you get cheap. wait for a sale and go to guitar center or a local shop.

the younger you are the easier it is to learn, requires a lot of finger speed/accuracy drills.

hand_exerciser_hand-grip.jpg

may want to invest in one of these.

^ crap. i just wanted to bust out a couple songs by justin nozuka chillen at the beach in front of a bonfire.

guess i will have to rethink that. doesnt mean ill give up though

im learning how to play right now. electric though. its pretty hard. maybe because im older and am not taking lessons. pretty fun though

brotha, if you really wanna learn, invest in a better guitar, not just one from target...trust me, it'll be worth the practice...

I'd skip that guitar - a bit of a waste of money.

You can get a decent starter guitar for under 200 bucks at a music store - ask them for help on what model to look at... used is a good thing there too, thatmeans you get a nicer guitar at a cheaper price and a lot of them have aged better so they sound even nicer as a result... that's a win win win.

As far as learning? It's not that complicated... it's going to take dedication to get anywhere with it though - couple hours everyday for awhile whenyou start, or your fingers are not going to be strong enough.

Don't take that hand-grip strength trainer post seriously, it's not like that.

There's plenty of great resources for where to start teaching yourself, and millions of people have taught themselves already - so there's no reasonyou can't if your desire is there.

Some snobs will tell you to avoid tabs, but it's the easiest way to start playing songs you know immediately - just realize that there's more tomusic/guitar than tabs, and figuring out how to play stuff by ear will teach you more about playing then any tab ever could.

Anyways - good luck to you. I've been playing, self-taught, for about 6 years now. I'm not very good because i lost focus on it after about year 2, butI play decently enough to impress people who don't play guitar
laugh.gif
and someday i'm going to get real lessons to take my playing to the next level,i'm sort've peaked at my current level and don't have the time/motivation to really work to get to the next level of playing -- (i once read thatit takes 6 hours of playing, everyday, to see real improvements after you've learned the basics... i sort of believe it). Don't let that upset youthough, as i said - you'll be able to play 99 percent of all the songs you know after a year or two of hard work on it, at least the basics of the songsanyways..

Have fun and good luck.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Not really hard, toughest part of playing guitar is finger dexterity.[/color]

If youre serious about playing guitar, don't get a really cheap one. I started off with a cheap acoustic (still play it too), and it requires constanttuning. and left my fingertips on my left hand callused. Its easier to play bar chords on a nice acoustic also. I know a lot of people who started off on aYamaha acoustic.

As far as learning how to play, be patient. I started off with tabs and watching videos.

4 months into this guitar thing(electric) I find that cheap gear will deflate your motivation tenfold. I just got a decent amp recently and I have to sayit's made a difference.
pimp.gif
Don't go cheap. When practicing try to work on something specific for half an hour like fingerpicking then for the nexthalf hour go after a favorite song of yours.

just make sure your hand and fingers fit well. i got stubby fingers...which didn't help. kept buzzing the strings.

Originally Posted by stiffy978

^^^ damn like that?

does it look that cheap??

shred my fingers??

my younger brother *had* to have a guitar because I got one. he was given a cheap acoustic like that with cheap steel strings and you have to constantly retuneit and it seriously is a pain to play and sounds harsh.

if you learn how to read tabs (and keep in mind that not all tabs are accurate) and follow along with easy songs you'll learn enough to warrant having aguitar. you won't want to learn anything on a cheap pos

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

how much can I get a stratocaster with a decent amp for?

a squire or whatever is like 200 bucks with an amp. an american made strat was like 1200 i think. a mexican one around 400 maybe. you have to buy an ampseparately though with those. might be lower though because those are the prices i remember from looking at lefty guitars.

Back
Top Bottom