Playing basketball barefoot with Jay Williams sparked a movie idea lol

I just had a crazy week in Los Angeles 
laugh.gif

Not sure if anyone remembers, but I posted about me winning "most unique short film" on Ben Affleck and Matt Damon's Project Greenlight and NT was a HUGE part of that. (Crazy thread: http://niketalk.com/t/623041/nt-they-want-to-collaborate

So anyways, I ended up in Los Angeles to pitch ideas to a few studios out there but i'll get back to that later, this part is more important 
laugh.gif

What stood out the most was my random trip to Venice beach the day before the biggest meeting. I only had slippers on and didn't really know we were going to end up at the courts where they filmed "White Men Can't Jump". I freaked out and just wanted to play (haven't played basketball in almost 3 years). Since I normally played with no shoes on in the Philippines, I said why not... 
roll.gif
 ended up playing 3 on 3 with some guys and then I kept hearing someone yell "Dude is killing you guys and he has no shoes!!!" 
laugh.gif
 turned out to be Jay Williams, the Duke and Chicago Bull and I freaked out. The guy was crazy nice. Ended up playing a few minutes with him but my blisters got really bad...

What I love about this experience though is that it sparked an idea the night before the meeting and I ended up not focusing on the idea I had worked on for months and they ended up liking this new idea even more because of how passionate I was about it. All I could talk about was my Venice Beach trip.

The meeting went great and if all things go well, hopefully be filming sometime early next year.  

and then my last meeting was with Quinton from Blind Side and getting him on board as well. I can't say much now but I will keep you guys updated! 

Last edited:
You should never let blisters stop you b.
That wouldn't have stopped Kunta.
But dope none the less.

U low key nice op. Barefootsanity and dude on yo team had on his church loafers... Loafersanity.

Repped on the fact you really balled barefoot, on blacktop. To me thats amazing. :lol:

Last edited:
It hurts me to play on the blacktop in certain shoes, and you did it barefoot. Bravo man

10K mile trips with elaborate planning to visit a chicc you in the friend-zone with and now hooping barefoot out in LA....this was less of an L. Best of lucc with the film opportunities though

That's all good and well brah, and I'm happy for you

BUT

Please make sense of this **** for me
laugh.gif

What are those?
He's a good friend of mine from the Philippines and was a college player out there years ago haha we went to Venice Beach forgetting there were basketball courts. I couldn't stop laughing because Jay Will was cracking jokes 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom