Playoff 8's question

Not for a fast player who changes directions a lot. Indoors, they're kind of slippery. Ankle support is great but feels a little restrictive. Cushioning ispretty much average. They made my feet really sweaty and hot.

im a two guard 6ft, 190lbs like to drive, pull up for quick shots. Like to play d so I do depend on jab and first steps alike. I've hooped in most jays (always with inserts) and in my opinion, all 8's, not just these playoffs offer great support with a low court feel. I wanna say its the pattern of thesoles (holes along with being flat) that makes them "stick" when making cuts as if it makes more contact with the hardwood than other jordans. Thehigher cut does not restrict my cuts or change of directions, so (knock on wood) I haven't twisted an ankle or gotten hurt. On the other hand, as peoplehere always mention, YES, the sweating issue is very true, but I personally dont mind it. It does seem like theyre always damp/wet when I take them off aftergames. I do not strap them due to that fact but i am biased, since I never have strapped them.. not in 93 when I was a kid, or chromes in 03, or now with theseplayoffs.. Those aquas then were also very durable, went thru battles, mostly outdoors and they held up. The soles of the 03 chromes cracked right on the softmid part after not many wears. SO believe it or not, these playoffs are probably neck to neck with the aquas, VERY durable considering as much hoopwear as Ivegiven these. Ive got to say, the nubuck uppers on these have stretched a tat, perhaps due to the amount of sweating. Besides that, I really recommend these toguards or even small forwards. One thing that does bugs me about these is how the laces crumple or shrink in width, right where youd tighten them most. As itdhappen in the high ankle, by the last two lace holes... but hey! you can always replace flat laces

thanks for the review, MJ2229! To be honest, I have the playoff 8's and I was just trying to get other people's opinions on the performance of theshoe, because I know there are people like myself who still ball in retros
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom