Please contribute to relief efforts in Japan! Together, we've raised $20,000 and counting!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
only $181 nt

Originally Posted by TeamCharisma69

This is a video by Nigahiga otherwise known as Ryan Higa. He is a really friendly guy, who is willing to donate a generous amount of money to the Red Cross. For every 1 million views on that video, he will donate $600 to the RedCross to help Japan.

did I just get trolled?

donated! great job niketalk! not trying to take business away from niketalk but on canibeat.com theyre are selling a pray for japan sticker that all proceeds will be donated to the redcross and its cool for all the japanese car enthusiasts to rock *again not trying to take anything away from niketalk, please delete my post if this is not ok*

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

This is a video by Nigahiga otherwise known as Ryan Higa. He is a really friendly guy, who is willing to donate a generous amount of money to the Red Cross. For every 1 million views on that video, he will donate $600 to the RedCross to help Japan.

did I just get trolled?

I don't think so. He's japanese himself but you never know if people are that grimey.

So a photographer friend of mine in the Seattle area had an idea to set up photoshoots and charge 10$, and he is donating that money to Japan.

So I had the idea that I'll do the same for the NYC area.
I was thinking of going to Union Square, and bringing a small lighting setup and offering my photography for 10$ and I'll also bring my laptop, and donate to the niketalk page the moment someone gives a donation. 
Anybody other Photographers in NYC willing to help me out with this?

did I just get trolled?

I don't think so. He's japanese himself but you never know if people are that grimey.

terryface.gif

btw donated...

did I just get trolled?

You put the wrong link for the video.

This was posted in the other thread, but I thought it was worth posting here...it's some very powerful stuff.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

Quick question before I donate; what percent of each donation, or the total, actually goes to help survivors in Japan?  I know some companies keep a certain percentage, so only about 50% of the actual donation goes out to help the cause.  I'm not trying to be petty or anything, but I just want to make sure at least a majority of the donation will go directly to help survivors.
* Donated *

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=4078

you can see a breakdown of how the funds are allocated on the linked website.  It looks like mercycorps has a pretty decent rating.
Originally Posted by Method Man

Quick question before I donate; what percent of each donation, or the total, actually goes to help survivors in Japan?  I know some companies keep a certain percentage, so only about 50% of the actual donation goes out to help the cause.  I'm not trying to be petty or anything, but I just want to make sure at least a majority of the donation will go directly to help survivors.

I understand and appreciate your concern.  You want to do the best you can for the people of Japan with the limited resources you have available, and we've all heard horror stories about nonprofits using donor money in very inefficient ways as some of them, sadly, treat it as "found" money and use it as judiciously as someone might use lottery ticket winnings.  The key is not to let something like the Red Cross problems after Hurricane Katrina make us cynical and prevent us from helping those in need.  We always make a strong effort to assess the charities we contribute to to get the very most we can out of each dollar we raise.  As I mentioned, Mercy Corps has a strong track record when it comes to efficiency and the fact that they'll be forwarding these donations to a well-established organization that's already on the ground in Japan makes a world of difference.  This wasn't an arbitrary selection on our part and we didn't just go with the "brand name."  I hope you feel confident enough to donate, but I'd like to encourage you to contribute to the organization you feel the most comfortable with.  Just don't talk yourself out of helping entirely.

Appreciate the replies
pimp.gif
.  Yeah, the whole red cross thing was what I was worried about because I'd hate to see NT donate so much money only to have a small portion go out to the people that need it the most.  I'll definitely donate more money when I get the chance...

Originally Posted by BirdsIView

I'll donate $50 of Method posts a picture of himself and JRose5.
I'll kick in another $20
nerd.gif

My screen name is MoreUptempo .... I'm not sure if I have been approved yet, but it would be chill if I could get forum approval + a badge
happy.gif
I provided a reason as to why I'd like to join NKETLK when I applied for membership through yuku. Thanks!

2z4corl.gif

[font=helvetica, FreeSans, arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

Why have I never thought of this?

I wish I knew about this earlier, as I donated some $ before.

but...

I tried to donate through the site with my own cc but it says that my credit card number is invalid...am I the only one who got this?

thanks for giving the community another chance to take part on a positive movement!

still praying for the rise and recovery of one of our neighboring countries here in asia...

donated.

Back
Top Bottom