Please Delete

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

nice find?? looks like a busted up vintage trunk to me... slap a name on something and its all of a sudden nice?? weirdddd

On another note.. here's a PM I got from a handbag forum I posted it on...
wrote:
I've learned more about your trunk. It is VERY rare. And there was only 1 or two that should have been painted in that way. I believe that your trunk was on the French "Moto Bloc" car from Great Race of 1908, which was the first international auto race ever. There were only 6 cars in the race! The name of the race wasn't the Moto Bloc...it was the name of the CAR! My bet is that there is only one trunk...and you have it. I would honestly find out about contacting a museum with your trunk. Because it was from a french race and is much older than I thought (Moto bloc was 1908). You may be able to sell it to an auto museum or other historical society. I would contact LV first by using their website "contact us" page and ask about dating and appraising your antique trunk. Then start looking for museums that exhibit french moto bloc items. If you can sell it to a museum you may rake in some big $$$.

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

???? "Team Vintage Heat" and you don't understand how this thing could be valuable? "looks like some busted up old shoes to me..."
i understand it but at the same time have to laugh about it.. I preach to all sorts of ebay sellers who dont know what their selling and teachthem into knowing what they are selling to earn a few extra bucks. I do it with shoes. I realize the vast majority are laughing at shoes the same way Imlaughing at this trunk. sometimes it takes something like a trunk to realize how weird something like vintage shoes really are. dr spaceman, if anything impoking fun at the very thing I like, vintage shoes.. I remember some straight heat being sold by people who didnt know what it was.. It looks like the same issaid to be true here with the trunk.... nice unique find.

You thinking of dropping off a stack of $20s into his mailbox? sometimes those kind gestures go along way. I wouldnt call it ripping him off as he stated theprice, but that education phase does come full circle on you

Originally Posted by soleful247

nice find?? looks like a busted up vintage trunk to me... slap a name on something and its all of a sudden nice?? weirdddd

wrote:
I've learned more about your trunk. It is VERY rare. And there was only 1 or two that should have been painted in that way. I believe that your trunk was on the French "Moto Bloc" car from Great Race of 1908, which was the first international auto race ever. There were only 6 cars in the race! The name of the race wasn't the Moto Bloc...it was the name of the CAR! My bet is that there is only one trunk...and you have it. I would honestly find out about contacting a museum with your trunk. Because it was from a french race and is much older than I thought (Moto bloc was 1908). You may be able to sell it to an auto museum or other historical society. I would contact LV first by using their website "contact us" page and ask about dating and appraising your antique trunk. Then start looking for museums that exhibit french moto bloc items. If you can sell it to a museum you may rake in some big $$$.

soleful247 you honestly prolly posted the best steal on Niketalk ever with this thread. real talk i bet Kanye would buy this off you.

whose estate was it? do you know?

crazy.

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

Is it just me or does anyone else feel teased?

not really but i gotta crazy feelin OP hit the lotto with this find. that PM he received is prolly legit with the info too......

thats prob worth sum bank

smh.gif
@ you for havin that ISS tag

Once you figure out how much its worth, I would sell it asap. Unless you collection vintage trunks or LV, I don't see any reason to keeping it. Great find.

How much would it be worth without the LV tag?

Better yet, how "dope" would it be without the LV tag?

If they dont offer you a crazy amount of money keep it.

you can never go wrong having old stuff like that.

My family has abunch of president add campaign stuff from the late 1800s to the 1950s.

wrote:

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Al Audi

wrote:
soleful247 you honestly prolly posted the best steal on Niketalk ever with this thread. real talk i bet Kanye would buy this off you.

whose estate was it? do you know?

crazy.

laugh.gif
Kanye would give you a feature spot on a song for that joint. But yeah he would def cop it and talk about it in a verse...on some"trunk so exclusive it be 1 of 1, got the broad back to my crib now we 1 on 1" steez.

looking at some photos of that race.. those cars/trunks went through hell.. what does that lady expect? no mildew or mold to exist.. its in pristine shape asit is.. some appraisers have no sense of reality

Back
Top Bottom