please delete

If you wear the same size as your pops, go for it! He'll prob not want them & they'll sit in his closet. Then, you can rock them!

haha me and my dad wears the same size and plus that thought of saying "what, more shoes??" thinking their for me is kind of a problem

Originally Posted by doyung9

I was just talking to my mom and she reminded me that Father's Day is coming up and I just so happened to stumble upon the Father's Day AJ1's. It got me to thinking.

Has anyone else considered getting their dad these for father's day?

I know, somewhat cornball, but I guess for me, with my dad working so much growing up, providing for me and my mom, putting me through college, and supporting me through sports, which for the most part, included new Jordans every year, it's almost ironic that I'd want to get him a pair, considering he's always worn dept. store style Nikes, just being the simple, blue-collar guy he is. I doubt he'd ever wear them, but I just think it'd be something he'd appreciate, especially since the man still asks me to this day "more shoes?" everytime I go home to visit.
laugh.gif

I also considered booking a trip for him and I to go fishing offshore for Marlins and stuff, but I'll prob save that one for his Birthday/Christmas since it's in Nov/Dec.

It's obvious you were raised properly. Major props to your parents. Some kids these days think only of themselves. I think the word is "entitled". The reason why I'm posting is because I'm a parent with 3 kids. I think it would be cool for your dad to rock some J's. My 13yr. old son and myself rock J's. The colorways on the Armed Forces are low key. Tell him to sport them with his jeans or some cargo khakis. And for the Marlin trip...sounds like a killer time together. Good luck on whatever you decide to do.

I actually am planning on getting a pair for my dad, he got me started in Jordans back in the 90's when my mom refused to get them...lol I think he willreally like them.

me and pops were almost same size so i wont have the guilt of buying myself more shoes in june.

Wait, people are thinking of getting these jordans for their dad as a gift for father's day
indifferent.gif

Come on fellas, there is so much more out there to pick up or do for the person who helped bring you into this world.

i want to but my dad doesnt wear J's or any sneakers for that matter - maybe, ill ask my mom

i wanna get him some jordans but he will destroy them in a matter of days. He also gets on me alot for owning so many shoes. if i can find a decent pair for agood price i may get him some.

i thought about getting the pack for my dad... but I'm afraid he won't like how they look. plus he's really picky about what shoes he balls in. hewill only ball in Big Funds hahahaha

I was going to pick up a pair for my pops...but I don't want to see him playing cricket in them - talkin about "I just scored 6, it's gotta be theshoes!"
eyes.gif

I ALWAYS GET MY DAD A PAIR OF HYDROS N SOME OTHER STUFF N HE ALWAYS LIKES THE HYDROS....................

I bought my dad this

lizard bone "case" knife 500 made

if ur pops doesnt wear jordans then they might just sit in the back of his closet and im sure he would appreciate it but, i think the trip would be a greatidea for both of you guys something he can remember and tell his friends about. (imo)

Originally Posted by mtg

I was going to pick up a pair for my pops...but I don't want to see him playing cricket in them - talkin about "I just scored 6, it's gotta be the shoes!"
eyes.gif
lol haha my dad would never wear jordans

TERRIBLE FATHERS DAY GIFT.
How brainwashed can you be thinking your dad needs a pair of Jordan.
You guys are falling for JBs tacky marketing antics.

Originally Posted by 420BKE

Originally Posted by doyung9

I was just talking to my mom and she reminded me that Father's Day is coming up and I just so happened to stumble upon the Father's Day AJ1's. It got me to thinking.

Has anyone else considered getting their dad these for father's day?

I know, somewhat cornball, but I guess for me, with my dad working so much growing up, providing for me and my mom, putting me through college, and supporting me through sports, which for the most part, included new Jordans every year, it's almost ironic that I'd want to get him a pair, considering he's always worn dept. store style Nikes, just being the simple, blue-collar guy he is. I doubt he'd ever wear them, but I just think it'd be something he'd appreciate, especially since the man still asks me to this day "more shoes?" everytime I go home to visit.
laugh.gif

I also considered booking a trip for him and I to go fishing offshore for Marlins and stuff, but I'll prob save that one for his Birthday/Christmas since it's in Nov/Dec.

It's obvious you were raised properly. Major props to your parents. Some kids these days think only of themselves. I think the word is "entitled". The reason why I'm posting is because I'm a parent with 3 kids. I think it would be cool for your dad to rock some J's. My 13yr. old son and myself rock J's. The colorways on the Armed Forces are low key. Tell him to sport them with his jeans or some cargo khakis. And for the Marlin trip...sounds like a killer time together. Good luck on whatever you decide to do.

I think it's cool of you to comment something quite positive in regards to this topic. To say to someone else you were raised right is a HUGE compliment. Icommend you for doing something like that. It's good to see positive energy around here once in a while.

Originally Posted by steven42lh

I actually am planning on getting a pair for my dad, he got me started in Jordans back in the 90's when my mom refused to get them...lol I think he will really like them.

ha ha...wow. That's pretty cool. I would do the same for my father but he's too old for Jays now, and it's just not his thing.
laugh.gif

My dad is a retired army and loved the army thats why I grew up as an army brat moving in and out of bases! I got my dad the wht/tan military I's and heloved them!! I might have to buy the father day I's for myself!!

ty is right....i rather get something useful for my dad....like loafers so he can wear them to work

Pics please?

My dad wears business shoes, being a business man

Loafers
nerd.gif

And I'd rather get him a personalized gift than something he'd hate.

Edit: Just saw pics, my dad isnt 20
laugh.gif

This would be a pretty half assed gift imo unless your dad was a major Jordan 1 fan but if he was, he probably is from the era of good leather on his Jordansrather than textiles...

Originally Posted by donjuan513

TERRIBLE FATHERS DAY GIFT.
How brainwashed can you be thinking your dad needs a pair of Jordan.
You guys are falling for JBs tacky marketing antics.

Back
Top Bottom