Please join us in supporting BailProject.org

Methodical Management

Staff member
Co-Founder
Recently, we set up a community fundraising page for BailProject.org, one of the largest and most respected revolving bail funds in the United States.

Bail funds not only help those who've been arrested while protesting systemic racism; they also serve public health by keeping those awaiting trial out of jail during a pandemic, and they deny the predatory bail bond industry revenue they might otherwise put towards lobbying to maintain an unjust, racist system.
When a case has cleared, the money is returned to the fund to help someone else, further enhancing the efficacy of each contribution.

If you'd like to join us, visit our group fundraising page here and consider making a donation:
secure.givelively.org

Donate to NikeTalk.com Community's Fundraiser for The Bail Project, Inc.
Join our thousands of donors who are helping us post bail for people who can't afford it, reuniting families and restoring the presumption of innocence – one person at a time.The Bail Project™ National Revolving Bail Fund is on a mission to combat mass incarceration and reshape the pretrial...
secure.givelively.org

To start things off, we made an initial contribution of $1,865.

Anyone who donates $100 or more will receive an exclusive NT Pocket Tee while supplies last. These will not be sold.
IMG_1285 2.JPG

Just contact me with proof of your donation, your preferred shirt size, and a shipping address. Make sure you donate through our group fundraising page so your contribution is reflected in our community total.

If you'd like to learn more about the cash bail system, this article is a great place to start:

meth is that you to the left with the Pumas?
Warned.

In seriousness, no one on our team is affiliated with the Bail Project - we just felt that, given the scale of both the protests and the systems that necessitate them, a nationally-oriented revolving bail fund would be appropriate.

There are many local funds, so if anyone is interested in supporting a revolving bail fund in your area, or in a particular area, I would encourage you to do so. The Minnesota Freedom Fund is one such fund, which has received over $20 million in donations since last week alone.

Canceled a donation? How is that even possible? :lol:

that’s grounds for insta permabanned right there
We're hoping it was caused by a declined card or something along those lines, and not from someone who tried to pump fake and contacted PayPal or their credit card issuer in effort to reverse the charge.

Nevertheless, all the wonderful contributions we received overnight more than erased that unfortunate setback.

We're blown away by the average donation amounts so far. Even without our initial contribution of $1,865, the average donation is nearly 90 dollars. I had to raise the goal by another $1,000 just to give us something to aim for - and we only have 18 individual contributors so far. Imagine how much more we could raise if we get more people involved.

All contributions, regardless of amount, are both welcome and appreciated. A donation used to assist protesters today can continue helping people over and over again until this nation's wrongheaded and deeply discriminatory cash bail system is finally abolished.

Thank you all for your generous support so far! T-shirts have already begun shipping, thanks to HellaSteph HellaSteph , and our earliest contributors should expect to receive theirs this week. We hope to see some photos of your new shirts when they arrive!

Warned.

In seriousness, no one on our team is affiliated with the Bail Project - we just felt that, given the scale of both the protests and the systems that necessitate them, a nationally-oriented revolving bail fund would be appropriate.

There are many local funds, so if anyone is interested in supporting a revolving bail fund in your area, or in a particular area, I would encourage you to do so. The Minnesota Freedom Fund is one such fund, which has received over $20 million in donations since last week alone.

We're hoping it was caused by a declined card or something along those lines, and not from someone who tried to pump fake and contacted PayPal or their credit card issuer in effort to reverse the charge.

Nevertheless, all the wonderful contributions we received overnight more than erased that unfortunate setback.

We're blown away by the average donation amounts so far. Even without our initial contribution of $1,865, the average donation is nearly 90 dollars. I had to raise the goal by another $1,000 just to give us something to aim for - and we only have 18 individual contributors so far. Imagine how much more we could raise if we get more people involved.

All contributions, regardless of amount, are both welcome and appreciated. A donation used to assist protesters today can continue helping people over and over again until this nation's wrongheaded and deeply discriminatory cash bail system is finally abolished.

Thank you all for your generous support so far! T-shirts have already begun shipping, thanks to HellaSteph HellaSteph , and our earliest contributors should expect to receive theirs this week. We hope to see some photos of your new shirts when they arrive!
Ah copy, if someone did that for a free nt t shirt that would be disgusting

nvm i misinterpreted ur response :lol:

anyways

I am glad NT made this situation possible as i had trouble finding legitimate funds to donate to besides the minnesota one and did not want my money to go to a scam/organization who will keep alot of money for themselves.

nvm i misinterpreted ur response :lol:

anyways

I am glad NT made this situation possible as i had trouble finding legitimate funds to donate to besides the minnesota one and did not want my money to go to a scam/organization who will keep alot of money for themselves.
Not the donating part, the donating and chargeback part lol

Sadly, it wouldn't be without precedent. When we sold fitted caps to raise money for the Equal Justice Initiative a few years back, Cap City told us they suffered multiple chargeback scams.

I'm going to make a donation later today once I start wrapping up work stuff.
This is a great initiative. The cash bail system should be abolished.
We look forward to your contributions.

Hey Meth, this is a great cause! Could I donate to Bail Project thru my company and still get a shirt? Main reason is the company I work at provides 100% matching. If not, still happy to do so thru the NT fundraiser. :nthat:

Hey Meth, this is a great cause! Could I donate to Bail Project thru my company and still get a shirt? Main reason is the company I work at provides 100% matching. If not, still happy to do so thru the NT fundraiser. :nthat:
Sure. Our goal here is to raise the most we can for this cause, not to pat ourselves on the back.

Only donations made through our group fundraising page will count toward our combined total, but we’ll still send you a shirt if you donate $100 or more through your employer (not including their matching funds.)

Back
Top Bottom