Please lock.

:lol: Manny is a character man. Dude isn't very bright at all. Politician fits him, he's a consummate puppet.

So when was the last time HBO and Showtime did a ppv together???

Wasn't Lennox and Tyson one?

Yeah, it was shown on both networks. As for the last major Golden Boy and Top Rank card, I believe it was Pacquiao vs. Hatton.

Last edited:
Yes I understand we all want to see the fight.

But if a Man you used to work with owed you 8 mill ( or 18M which is even worse) you wouldn't be so ready to do any future business with him. And that's where Floyd is with Arum.

Why would he want to help line the pockets of a man who has robbed him ?

That's all I was saying.

Yea I can't be mad at that at all. I would feel the same way.

I guess Manny is really loyal to Arum. :smh:

Last edited:
Yea I can't be mad at that at all. I would feel he same way.

I guess Manny is really loyal to Arum. :smh:

It's deeper than that.

Arum and the NSAC are in bed together. Arum pays the NSAC and the NSAC claims that they offer the same level of testing as VADA.

Which hasn't been the case....

NSAC doesn't do CIR at the same rate as VADA (Carbon Isotope Ratios) in their testing. So they can't possibly live up to the standards of VADA testing. Manny and Arum had VADA test for Manny/Rios (where Rios tested positive for a banned stimulant) but then reverted back to NSAC testing for the Bradley fight.

For some reason or another, Arum and Manny do not want VADA to regularly be the testing agency. The NSAC gets their money (and they do charge MORE than VADA) but they offer an inferior level of testing.

By staying with Arum, Manny enjoys certain "protections" he may not with GB. Arum cherry-picks the conditions for which Manny fights under. He decides when Manny will undergo more comprehensive testing (via VADA) or more scant testing (via NSAC).

Shadiness all around and the NSAC is not an exception. They adhere to WADA guidelines and VADA goes above and beyond those guidelines. Same **** is going on in the UFC. GSP left because of ******** WADA guidelines and NSAC testing. He was taking VADA tests voluntarily while Johnny Hendricks was doing the bare minimum NSAC testing.

******* shady industry all around and the NSAC is at the heart of the problem.

Last edited:
Damn well now I understand better.

I'm going to sound so smart when I explain this to my friends. :lol:

You're right about corruption. And everybody is on something at some point or another.

Doesn't seem like there is a legit promoter, manager, or "advisor" in the business. I'd like to see Haymon get hemmed up for what he is doing.

Welterweight star Juan Manuel Marquez’s brilliant performance in a unanimous decision against Mike Alvarado on Saturday night at The Forum in Inglewood, California, was a hit with HBO viewers. According to Nielsen Media Research, the fight drew an average audience of 1.198 million viewers, good for the second-most-watched cable fight of the year so far, behind only another HBO fight, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.’s rematch with Bryan Vera, which drew 1.39 million viewers. Marquez-Alvarado peaked at 1.322 million viewers for what was Marquez’s first live HBO fight since he knocked out Michael Katsidis in a lightweight world title fight in 2010.

Even Saturday’s co-feature, a junior welterweight eliminator between the unknown Viktor Postol and Selcuk Aydin, which Postol won by devastating 11th-round knockout, drew strong viewership. It had an average audience of 1.002 million, making it the fifth-most-watched bout on cable in 2014. The fight peaked with 1.137 million viewers. The top six audiences for cable fights in 2014 have all been on HBO.

I guess the upside to that is we can seriously forget about the mayweather fight. That carrot has been dangled long enough.

We can, but the casual boxing fan & the pundits won't stop going on about it. And ****heads like Skip Bayless will keep frontin' like it's Floyd's fault that the fight isn't happening, when they don't even know WTH is going on behind the scenes. Kellerman, Lampley and Merchant are going to bring it up after every Manny fight.

This fight isn't going to happen, but it's also not going to go away. We're going to be subjected to continued standom, continued posturing, and continued ******** from the HBO crew.

I swear I would pay to see someone rock Jim Lampley to sleep, just straight sleep the smug son of a *****.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom