Please lock.

WBC light heavyweight champion Adonis Stevenson walked away from an HBO showdown with WBO champion Sergey Kovalev, jumping ship to Showtime for an expected fight with IBF/WBA champ Bernard Hopkins. However today Hopkins signed to fight Kovalev in November on HBO leaving Stevenson alone at the altar.

“We really thought we were going to go into a fight with Bernard Hopkins, but he was too greedy,” Stevenson’s promoter Yvon Michel told TVA Sports. Michel stated that Hopkins wanted nearly 75% of the money offered by Showtime. So Stevenson will now fight TBA on September 27th at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. That card will also feature light heavyweights Tavoris Cloud and Artur Beterbiev in the co-feature.
http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/stevenson-camp-claims-hopkins-was-too-greedy-255223

That's what he gets for running scared from Kovalev.

It looks like a publicity stunt to me. It's no coincidence that the restaurant is empty and video cameras are rolling.

It looks like a publicity stunt to me. It's no coincidence that the restaurant is empty and video cameras are rolling.

It is. :lol: It definitely is!

Notice how it took him 3 long *** seconds just to push everything off the table? :lol:

Who the hell does that anyway? Oh let me push the glass and everything off the table... but not the table. :rofl:

Staged!

Last edited:
I'm glad Hopkins vs Kovalev was made.  This will be another great win for B-Hop to put on his ATG resume.

You think he gets the win huh? Will be a tough test.
I do.  I like Sergey's skillset, but B-Hop has constantly flourished in these scenarios and beaten a bevy of dangerous punchers.  To be honest, I really don't see this being that close of a fight.  

I'm also pleased to see Bernard back on HBO.  Kudos to Main Events' and GBP.

I'm having a tough time calling the Rios/Chaves fight.  Both very similar but I think Chaves has the better boxing skills in which I'm pulling for Chaves.  Glad the Kovalev-Hopkins fight was made but I too believe Bernard may be biting off more than he can chew with this one.  I see it as Dawson Hopkins 2 all over again.  I don't believe Kovalev will fall for the old man tactics and could land some serious shots.

I'm always rooting for B-Hop but this is the first guys he's fought in a while I've liked so I wouldn't mind seeing him win.

I think Chaves has it tonight.

Hopkins ducked Dawson for a long time, he knew he would have trouble with his style. When Hopkins immediately jumps at the opportunity to fight someone he sees weaknesses tha he can exploit.

I like Chaves, but I believe Rios will be victorious tonight.

Back
Top Bottom