Please lock.

I don't remember the first Garcia vs Morales fight being competitive. Maybe you got it mixed up with Maidana vs Morales.

You right, it was that

Still my point , morales was tough. He damn beat beat maidana ***

Last edited:
If memory serves me right that was the first boxing card held at the Barclays and Garcia needed an opponent on short notice. Hence why he chose Morales again.

That was target practice for Garcia.
He landed a rib to head left right combo twice in less than 5 seconds, 4 power shots hit hard.
Salka took major damage, damn

Glad Jacobs and Peterson won.

WTH was Salka thinking pounding on his chest after he had already been dropped twice? :smh: :lol:

Danny had a stretch of Kendall holt, Erik morales twice, Amir khan, Lucas matthysse, & Zab Judah.

Herrera was a tough go. I'm not mad at him getting a cake walk

Herrera was suppose to be the easy fight, now he fights a legit chump. You saying he had tough fights yes, but when you are the lineal champ the easy fights are done! At least fight the top 10 ranked fighters this guy was ranked #70 which is a disgrace in itself

Salka head bounced off the mat that punch reminded me of Khan ko.

Danny does need a better match next fight.
Don't do that to me. King Khan was controlling the earlier rounds against DSG before his pride got to him. Let his guard down and started trading like a wild man.

I too thought Amir was thoroughly outboxing Danny and overwhelming him with his speed; until Swift caught him with that left hook.

Instead of fighting Lamont Peterson, I'd rather see DSG make the move to welterweight and take on somebody like Keith Thurman.

Herrera was suppose to be the easy fight, now he fights a legit chump. You saying he had tough fights yes, but when you are the lineal champ the easy fights are done! At least fight the top 10 ranked fighters this guy was ranked #70 which is a disgrace in itself

Ranked 66th at 135lbs, Garcia couldn't even fight a bum at his own weight. I hope he moves up to 147 and gets his chin touched by real heavy hands.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/garcia-when-im-at-my-best-i-can-beat-anybody-256398

Danny Garcia quote off of fightnews.com
"I told everybody tonight was going to be the ‘Danny Garcia Show.’ No matter who I fought tonight, they were going to get beat. I was going to purge. I was out to kill. I didn’t think this was going to be an easy fight. I thought he’d try to box me. But it is not about the opponent. When I am at my best I can beat anybody and I already proved that.”

This dude is really feeling himself for blowing out a small lightweight in a 142lb catch weight fight. I really don't understand how dudes feel no shame when they fight like this.

Last edited:
Danny has been hit hard. (Zab, khan, Matthysse) Several times. His chin pretty solid. I wouldn't count on a 147lber taking his head off.

He's def. gonna run into problems tho bc he does not jab at all.

I don't regard Zab or Khan as hard punchers, personally. Mathysse, definitely.

Point being, he hasn't felt that 147lber power off of a strong puncher and this fight was a joke.

How do you decide to move up in weight fighting at a catch weight above your weight class against a nobody from a lighter weight class.

Dude could've found a nobody 147lber wiht a resume like Salka and fought them at 142, but he chose a small fighter instead.

It's not likely Garcia had no choice but to fight Salka because nobody will take the fight.

Always root for Lamont cause he's the hometown guy, but I don't think he has anything for Danny. Danny is too strong, he hits too hard, his chin is solid and he's just as fast as Lamont if not faster. I don't think Lamont is gonna be able to stand right in front of him and load up on shots like he loves to do with these other guys. Just a bad matchup for him.

Having said that I think Lamont would give Broner some work. Kinda sucks that Broner is over here in DC training with Barry Hunter & Lamont now, that's a competitive fight I really wanted to see. Might slide through Headbangers and see if I can catch a sparring session one day :lol:

Last edited:
I too thought Amir was thoroughly outboxing Danny and overwhelming him with his speed; until Swift caught him with that left hook.

Instead of fighting Lamont Peterson, I'd rather see DSG make the move to welterweight and take on somebody like Keith Thurman.

I'd LOVE to see a Garcia/Thurman match.
I'd pay for that.

Still don't see how folks can defend that "victory" last night smh. I'd love to see Bradley vs Garcia if it were possible.

Back
Top Bottom