Please lock.

If Korobov could have stayed healthy, he would have been such a great fighter :smh: interesting fight though. He looked really rusty last time out.

Good stuff.

Newly crowned welterweight titlist Kell Brook is getting a hero's welcome in his hometown of Sheffield, England.

Brook won a well-deserved majority decision against Shawn Porter on Saturday night in Carson, California, to claim a 147-pound world title and thrust himself onto the world stage.

The 28-year-old Brook (33-0, 22 KOs) is set to address fans and media on Friday at the Winter Garden in Sheffield. Members of Team Brook will be greeted by the mayor of Sheffield, Councillor Peter Rippon, at the town hall before Brook, trainer Dominic Ingle and promoter Eddie Hearn will address the media and fans. Brook will also spend time signing autographs.

ESPN.com Boxing on Twitter
Don't miss any of our wall-to-wall boxing coverage, including live analysis of Saturday's fights. Twitter »

“I am so proud to be bringing the title back to Sheffield,” Brook said. “The people have always supported me so passionately from day one, and I am sure that they all stayed up to see me win the title. I am looking forward to thanking them on Friday and I hope there’s a great turnout.”

While Brook basks in the glory of the title victory, Hearn is already making plans for his first title defense. He said it will take place on Dec. 6 in Sheffield against an opponent to be determined.

“He came of age in that ring and great things lie in wait for him, including [a fight with countryman] Amir Khan,” Hearn wrote in his Daily Mail column. “I am looking at next spring or summer in a fight, maybe at Wembley, that will be just as big as [Carl] Froch-George Groves. I’ve started talks on it.”

Hearn said that Khan, a former unified junior welterweight titlist now at welterweight, is interested in the fight and “we are too. People from Showtime, who show Khan’s fights in the U.S., came into the dressing room after Kell won and said ‘Let’s talk.’ Other U.S. broadcasters have also been on -- it’s exciting times.

“I think this [Brook-Khan] fight can be made, but people have to put arrogance and ego to one side. Before, when we offered Khan £3m to fight, he didn’t fancy it. Kell had a reasonable name and no title. He has a huge name and a world title now. That changes the negotiating position a lot, but this is such a big fight everyone can do well out of it, so long as Khan doesn’t demand an unrealistic split we should make it happen. I want to make this fight and I think it will be huge. Maybe Floyd Mayweather will feature down the line. Kell is certainly in that reckoning now.”

Hearn said that besides Khan other names he has in mind as possible opponents for Brook on Dec. 6 include former titlist Andre Berto (if he wins on Sept. 6), Juan Manuel Marquez, Brandon Rios and Josesito Lopez.

“[They] are all names being thrown in the pot but it is very early days,” he said. “We will talk over the options and go from there. Kell has a great future and I am so happy for him.”

Brook is in a great position in that he is not aligned with HBO, Showtime, Top Rank or Al Haymon, which means a Brook fight against any top welterweight faces no impediments since Hearn is able to make a deal with any of those entities.

If only it is that simple, I can already see Khan and Brook fighting over the purse split.
Especially with Mayweather still throwing out Khan's name as an opponent next year.  I can see Khan trying to use that as leverage for a bigger purse.

[h1]Floyd Mayweather says fight with Amir Khan 'can still happen'[/h1]
By Hamish Mackay for MailOnline

Published: 09:31 EST, 22 August 2014 | Updated: 09:40 EST, 22 August 2014

'He (Amir Khan) knows that the fight between us can still happen,' Mayweather said.

'He is an exciting young fighter - but I don't just fight anybody - they have to prove themselves.

'If you ask me will the fight happen - then I would say yes. I hope next year - but these fights are always about timing.

'I saw the comments where he thought Manny would give him a tougher fight than me. I have no response to that. I will just remind him of those comments after I have beaten him.'

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/bo...n-happen-dismisses-Manny-Pacquiao-claims.html

Not watching, but from what I am hearing or reading Austin Trout is getting worked by some bum

Daniel Dawson isn't bum, man. He has a ton of mileage on him though from tons of Muay Thai and kickboxing prior to his boxing career. He's pretty old now too.

It sucks to see a great fighter fall from grace, didnt see the fight but from what I've read Trout looked a shell of his former self, Angulo style.

Great fight. Trout looked solid he just was trying to prove a point by being hyper aggressive and got caught in the third round. After that round he dominated the fight.

I thought All Access started tonight?
Don't they normally run 4 episodes of that for May fights?

Back
Top Bottom