Please lock.

Why wouldn't Canelo and Cotto try to take the date? That's the biggest money day of the year for boxing. Canelo and Cotto is the biggest fight that isn't Pacquiao-Mayweather. 2 of the 4 biggest stars in the sport. At the very least, this puts pressure on Mayweather to find a bigger matchup.

Also, count me out of wanting to see Canelo-Pacman. Pacquaio's camp makes anyone that's bigger drain themselves past their limits. Considering Canelo can barely make 154 - they'd probably make him cut down to 149 and throw some sort of rehydration clause in the contract too. Pass.

Cotto/Canelo HAS to happen for May 2015...

Also wonder who Danny Swift fights first at 147 next year. Doubt he gets another one in before the end or this year.

Why wouldn't Canelo and Cotto try to take the date? That's the biggest money day of the year for boxing. Canelo and Cotto is the biggest fight that isn't Pacquiao-Mayweather. 2 of the 4 biggest stars in the sport. At the very least, this puts pressure on Mayweather to find a bigger matchup.

Also, count me out of wanting to see Canelo-Pacman. Pacquaio's camp makes anyone that's bigger drain themselves past their limits. Considering Canelo can barely make 154 - they'd probably make him cut down to 149 and throw some sort of rehydration clause in the contract too. Pass.
You think Canelo/Cotto would outsell Mayweather vs?

edit: And Mayweather also tried to get Canelo to 147 didn't they? Canelo told them to kick rocks. 

I don't think Oscar would approve a Pac/Canelo anyway so it doesn't really matter. Canelo would have to WANT the fight for it to happen, then It for sure would. 

Canelo just doesn't have many PPV contendors at 160 does he? 

Last edited:
Count me in as saying Cotto vs Canelo out sells Floyd in May. Pacquiao vs Mayweather is the ONLY fight that would do better. I'm really starting to think the pressure is building for Floyd and putting his back against the ropes if you will. People are tired of paying more and more for the same exact fight. If I'm paying $75 for a PPV card it's going to be Canelo from here on out.

Not sure if people are serious? Floyd will continue to be pay per view champ until he retires. When Floyd fights it's an event!!!! Twitter is crazy, FB and IG is crazy during his fights and after. His all access views (YouTube) is always extremely high! One thing I love about showtime! They waste no time uploading all access to their YouTube page.

Last edited:
Not sure if people are serious? Floyd will continue to be pay per view champ until he retires. When Floyd fights it's an event!!!! Twitter is crazy, FB and IG is crazy during his fights and after. His all access views (YouTube) is always extremely high! One thing I love about showtime! They waste no time uploading all access to their YouTube page.

This. Y'all saying any other fighter is gonna eclipse Floyd in ppv buys just stop it. You know better.

Canelo vs. Cotto will outsell Floyd vs. Khan or whoever he decides to fight unless it's Pacquiao.... Regardless, I highly doubt they'll allow both fights to happen on the same date

I would rather see these matches on Cinco De Mayo PPV now that Canelo is on HBO over any Mayweather fight ;

Canelo Vs Cotto
Canelo Vs GGG
Canelo Vs Pacquiao
Canelo Vs Chavez Jr

Because Mayweather has limited options (only realistic fights he would take below)
Mayweather Vs Garcia
Mayweather Vs Khan

I just don't see how a Canelo/Cotto fight would outsell a Mayweather vs whoever fight.

Cotto/Martinez did 300k or so
Canelo/ Lara did 300k or so

Hell Cotto/Marrinez replayed on HBO with the Ruslan/Algieri fight live and for free and didn't do 1million. Nah man, I'm not seeing a Canelo/Cotto getting the nod over a May/anybody for Cinco De Mayo, can't make it make sense to myself

I just don't see how a Canelo/Cotto fight would outsell a Mayweather vs whoever fight.

Cotto/Martinez did 300k or so
Canelo/ Lara did 300k or so

Hell Cotto/Marrinez replayed on HBO with the Ruslan/Algieri fight live and for free and didn't do 1million. Nah man, I'm not seeing a Canelo/Cotto getting the nod over a May/anybody for Cinco De Mayo, can't make it make sense to myself

Thank you. Dudes acting like because canelo is arguably the 3rd biggest draw in the sport him fighting cotto is gonna do numbers. I'd be surprised if that fight broke 800k

look at the top 5 selling fights ever and floyd is in 3 of them... floyd has no pressure to fight anyone special and regardless who he fights they are going to watch floyd fight...i think floyd will fight khan and someone else maybe thurman since hes undefeated and beat both... but then the public will discredit him for retiring undefeated and not fighting pac... seriously i dont even care about the fight anymore... it was cool a few years ago but not when both are not in their prime

Theres a reason why Floyd fights on cinco de mayo. If Canelo fights Cotto on the same date (and I'm sure they'll do a great job selling it) , Floyd will lose most if not all of his Mexican and PR fanbase. Add in the fact that that fight will likely be way more entertaining and is a toss up fight def. helps as well

I think a Canelo/JCCjr fight would probably outsell a Canelo/Cotto fight.

I'd pay for that, but not sure about a Canelo/Cotto.

Probably have to hit up a Twin Peak Hooter or Wild Wings for Canelo/Cotto

I think a Canelo/JCCjr fight would probably outsell a Canelo/Cotto fight.

I'd pay for that, but not sure about a Canelo/Cotto.

Probably have to hit up a Twin Peak Hooter or Wild Wings for Canelo/Cotto
yall kidding right?

still don't believe we see 2 PPV dates on the same day

I definitely think a Canelo/Cotto bout could do good numbers. It would just need the proper promotion. HBO would have to hire Gorilla Productions and have them do a Dark Knight-esque trailer for the fight and just show that on TV for like a month before the event. BOOM, million PPVs sold.

look at the top 5 selling fights ever and floyd is in 3 of them... floyd has no pressure to fight anyone special and regardless who he fights they are going to watch floyd fight...i think floyd will fight khan and someone else maybe thurman since hes undefeated and beat both... but then the public will discredit him for retiring undefeated and not fighting pac... seriously i dont even care about the fight anymore... it was cool a few years ago but not when both are not in their prime

And who were those 3 opponents that Floyd fought? Floyd gets all the credit when he clearly needs a good B side to sell 1M+. Canelo-Cotto is going to be the closest thing to De La Hoya-Trinidad for this decade.

Last edited:
Yea he's definitely not the ducking type. He gets after it.
I'd love to see him vs PAC, don't see Ocsar passing on either of those simply because they both are high (possibly the only) PPV draws out there.

Why would you want to see a fighter who has never fought at 154, fight a dude who can barely make 154?

Who's never fought @154?
I'm assuming you mean PAC vs Canelo?

Either way, why wouldn't you want to see any of those fights? Weight would be a last factor for me, especially when talking about 147-154 or even fighters that are the most comfortable at 160 naturally, fighting 154 fights.

It's too close at those weight divisions and PAC has destroyed heavier fighters in the past, but maybe for Canelo to be at his best he needs to fight 160 constantly. There aren't a lot of money fights there right now is there?

Where'd he'd and Cotto fight the first time?
PAC/Maragarito was a 154 wasn't it? We all saw what happened there.

For me though, I out little thought in division differences from 147-154(sometimes even at 160) because so many fighters have either hit catch weight fights to fight anyway, or it's just too damn difficult for me to keep up with the weight divisions differences from the super welterweight or junior middleweight
Is it Junior middleweight or light middleweight? I mean damn, it's sillier or just as confusing to me as the WBA IBC WBC RINGMAGAZINE ETC ETC ETC.

Pac fought Margarito at 150.

Why would they kick Floyd off of a date he's used for years now?
Canelo and camp are barking up the wrong tree here.
NSAC has always  DEFINITELY ALWAYS been a joke anyway, why would they punish the Sports biggest star.
Him saying that All Access is staged may lose him  a few fans of the show though, but not enough to make a dent, all will be forgotten by the time the next All Access comes on.

How could his team okay him putting in so many "illegal elements" this time around? Ellerbe that you mucking up again man?

Oscar is the one that has the May 5 date for Showtime from what's been reported so if Flloyd fights on that date it will be under the Golden Boy promotional banner.

Why do people even bring up Pac fighting Canelo?

Pac has never fought at 154 and when he fought Maragrito at a catchweight of 150 he came in at 144lbs.

I bring it up because I've not very well schooled in the weight divisions between 147-154 or even 160.

The fact that they've all kind of fought each other makes it even more of an, I guess confusing differentiation for me.
Just doesn't seem odd to me (until pointed out today) that a PAC who fought Cotto or a Floyd that fought Canelo could be matched up against a Canelo who is now fighting Cotto who Floyd and PAC both fought.

Guess it's far fetched seeing as how Canelo has to shrink down to make a weight that PAC will have to take a big risk because he has never fought at 154.
Didn't know PAC/Margarito was a catch weight either until today, but that's more of me not paying attention or caring than not knowing, but it's clear it matters.

Appreciate the schooling session

Corrales-Castillo 1 was on Showtime last night.

That **** STAYING on my DVR.

Got a little sad seeing Chico though.

Last edited:
There's all kinds of rumors. But if Canelo is fighting in December they will have to announce who it will be officially soon.

Back
Top Bottom