Please lock.

Stupid. It's clear Garcia doesn't care about being the champ at 140. There's no point in taking a step aside fight if he's mandated to fight Postol 90 days after the next fight.

Not interested in Peterson vs Garcia :smh: ... really starting to dislike Haymon, things looked so promising for boxing last year now we back to the usual BS

Usually when fighters take a step aside fight, its a bigger fight. Broner had a mandatory with Maidana, but got paid extra to allow Maidana to face Mayweather. In this case, Postol got paid well to seemingly allow Garcia to fight Peterson instead and then move up (he'll probably never fight postol)

Not interested in Peterson vs Garcia :smh: ... really starting to dislike Haymon, things looked so promising for boxing last year now we back to the usual BS

I agree, but Peterson vs. Garcia should do way better numbers than Garcia vs. Postol

I understand that, just not interested in that fight at this point :lol: plus I was ready to bet the house on Postol despite the politics of boxing.

Lol yeah on paper Postol poses A LOT of problems for him, I'd def. favor him in a fight.

Yup, couldn't have said it any better. So what's the deal with Jay Z and beyonce's beef with Haymon? I know haymon was a music promoter and all that, but what led to all their problems? That **** is affecting boxing now, can't believe Haymon is blocking all these fights from happening

Lol yeah on paper Postol poses A LOT of problems for him, I'd def. favor him in a fight.

Yup, couldn't have said it any better. So what's the deal with Jay Z and beyonce's beef with Haymon? I know haymon was a music promoter and all that, but what led to all their problems? That **** is affecting boxing now, can't believe Haymon is blocking all these fights from happening

Has something to do with the Live Nation deal ..

"the allegation that Matt Knowles conspired with Haymon to defraud Beyonce is striking, to say the least. One of the most successful R&B promoters of all time, Haymon has a relationship with Live Nation dating back to the early days of concert-promoter consolidation. Under the SFX banner, Live Nation's previous incarnation acquired 51% of Al Haymon Enterprises in 1999, then made it a controlling interest in 2008, and in April of 2010 acquired the remaining 49% interest, according to SEC filings. Haymon has been active as a promoter within the Live Nation family, listed as co-promoter on Jay-Z tours and recently on Lil Wayne's "I Am Still Music" tour. The reclusive promoter rarely gives interviews and has always operated away from the spotlight, but according to sources, Haymon is still actively part of the Live Nation network of promoters. Thus, in effect, Knowles is saying Live Nation accused one of its own promoters of conspiring with Knowles in the alleged misdealings."

I hear the RocNation deal offered to Wilder was a five fight deal, 2 mil for the first one and then he'd be obligated to 4 more after that. Still a career payday for the first fight tho.

Last edited:
Al Haymon strikes three times in recent boxing news. Convinces "Kid Chocolate" to turn down a career-high $1.4M purse against Korobov after having his first child, just because of an ongoing feud with Jay Z and Beyonce, musically-related. "Protecting" DSG from a dangerous, and potentially tough stylistic matchup in Postol. Lastly now Wilder.

Peterson is really considered easy for DSG? Why?

I mess with Peterson because he's the hometown dude but his style isn't the best for DSG. He usually starts off boxing but eventually starts standing flat footed in the pocket loading up on punches, and he's not beating DSG like that. Danny might be faster than Lamont and he hits too hard, and if Zab and Matthysse couldn't knock him out Lamont definitely isn't getting the KO. Lamont's only chance is to really fight smart and box, which he could do, but I doubt he can do it well enough to get the decision. I've been saying I think Lamont could give Broner some work, but elite dudes like Matthysse and Garcia, he doesn't really have anything for them. It'd be cool to see him prove me wrong though.

Pac Man moving back down to 140 so he can start "knocking" out guys again.

Manny Pacquiao's upcoming title defense against Chris Algieri, at a 144-pound catchweight, is simply a chance for Manny to test out how he feels before he eventually moves back to junior welterweight, says trainer Freddie Roach.

"That's the only reason we're going to ‘44, that's our choice, not theirs," Roach said Monday at the Pacman Wild Card Gym.

By moving back to 140lbs. Roach expects the knockouts to return for Manny, while also opening up more interesting fights, such as a possible Danny Garcia match that has been mentioned. Danny Garcia has already announced his plans to stick around 140lbs, and is set to take a voluntary title defense before meeting up with Viktor Postol, thus it doesn't seem like he really fits in the Pacquiao picture at the moment. Then again, this is boxing and nothing is ever set in stone...

"There's a lot of competition in the 140-pound division, a lot of them are going to 147 because they want to fight Manny for the bigger money but as soon as Manny goes to 140 all of those will come back down," said Roach.

"He's never been a big puncher at 147," said Roach. "I don't think he's lost his punch or his killer instinct; he's just been fighting bigger, stronger guys. I think the knockouts will still start coming again at 140."

As far as training is concerned, conditioning coach Justin Fortune says Manny is already in good condition and the only issues they've had is the need to scale Pacquiao back a bit. Freddie has also given Manny the green light to play limited minutes in the Kia Sorentos season opener where he'll also double as the coach.

"He likes to do it and it helps his conditioning but doesn’t replace his roadwork," said Roach. "He told me he’s going to go into the game, make an appearance and coach most of the game. As long as that’s the way it is, I told him he can do that, I have no problem."

Rios getting stopped? Alvarado brawling???
You going 0/2 bruh :lol:

Did they not brawl in the first fight? Or did I see something different :nerd:

I feel like Mile High has no choice but to bring his A game and go for the kill after his last two performances .. either way I'm just hoping to close the year out with a bang after a bad year of boxing :smh:

Back
Top Bottom