Please lock.

I completely agree with you.  At sub 160 his power is devastating.  I don't know how that transfers to 168 if he made the move.  If people don't fear the power like they do now it changes everything because then i agree technically he would need to be more technically sound to be a world class fighter.

But i really really really hope he can some how draw enough fans to get people to creep down in weight to try to get a pay day to fight him.  Because at under 160lbs....he is a wrecking machine and i love to watch it
Interesting how the commentators talked about his brother being as good but way more technical then ggg. But since he is the older brother he gave him the go ahead and is in his corner for fights(family is super old school with 1st born gets everything).they also figured hos style was better fit for the pros.

This had me intrigued to see his younger brother as well

Amir Khan vs Devon Alexander, Dec. 13th in Vegas (Mandalay Bay) Showtime ... same night as Bradley vs Chaves in Vegas (Cosmopolitan) HBO

That will be a tough decision to make thank god for dvr lol

Yeah i see this as being a some what entertaining fight.  And with Khan's glass jaw there is always a chance for a fantastic knock out :lol:
Alexander doesn't exactly have the most pop in his hands, either. So that will be a very interesting fight. I'd go Khan by unanimous decision.

24/7 bhop Kovalev enjoy

"They approach the bout perhaps uninterested in words, but consumed by meaning.  What it means to work so hard for so long...and what it means to want something so badly." 

...I don't care  for the fact that HBO's entire system (especially Lampley and Kellerman) is in bed with Freddy Roach and his stable, but damn do I love 24/7s production values.  Their prose is just impeccable and the whole program feels well produced.

Last edited:
Anyone think the GGG fight might have been fixed with how Rubio layed there?  You think he got some money to take a fall to try to raise the GGG profile?

I love Kovalev....but man if i can't root for Hopkins to win.  I just hope he doesn't get killed in there.  Kovalev throws bombs

Anyone think the GGG fight might have been fixed with how Rubio layed there?  You think he got some money to take a fall to try to raise the GGG profile?

I love Kovalev....but man if i can't root for Hopkins to win.  I just hope he doesn't get killed in there.  Kovalev throws bombs

I doubt it, Rubio had the interim WBC belt stripped and lost 100K for not making weight. Add that up along with the fact he was going to get KO'd regardless, even if he got back up before the 10 count, I just can't see the fix.

Yah that $100k he forfeited is pretty huge to not even try and lose another 1-1.5 lbs(?). If he was going to take a dive wouldn't he just try to lose those extra pounds and milk as much money from it as possible? I mean that was a $100k he had to give up.

I really can't see the fix. If someone told me to lose another 2 pounds or lose $100k I'm doing everything I can to drop the weight, especially if I was going to take the dive like Rubio did anyway.

You guys must understand, by Friday he knew wasn't going to make weight. I'm pretty sure he starved himself all week in hopes of making weight. There was nothing he could do, when your body gives out that's it

It's possible, but for this fight GGG vs Rubio we all know the outcome wouldve been the same. It's just a matter of which round. I wonder what % of boxing matches are fixed. Carl Froch said he prolonged a fight so that his friends can win money for picking hm in that round.

Last edited:
I did think it was weird how Rubio just got wacked a few times and didnt look like he tried too hard to get up. Compare that to the Donaire vs Walters fight where you could see Donaire getting up and displaying a lot of heart.

If anything I think Rubio was just like...alright, screw getting hit more, Ill just lay here and pick up my check on the way out.

You guys must understand, by Friday he knew wasn't going to make weight. I'm pretty sure he starved himself all week in hopes of making weight. There was nothing he could do, when your body gives out that's it
Rubio is a lame for that as is every other champ that loses their title on the scales.  It's not like the weight was sprung on him at the last minute.  Homeboy isn't even muscular to begin with, so it's obvious he can't manage his diet/weight.  Much like Jr. and his lazy unmotivated self missing weight.

I used to cut between 15-18lbs in 2 days to make weight, if I could do it competing at a lighter weight with a lower body fat percentage without a nutritionist and team monitoring my diet, Rubio can.

boxer15 boxer15 this is true but like you said is lack of discipline and respect to the sport. To add to the fix theory I agree with fellow nt'er felt the power, and took a dive and his check with a smile

I wouldn't say Rubio took a dive, he just broke mentally. He didn't think he could win, was weight drained and hurt and probably figured what's the point. I think most of these dudes lose to GGG before they even step in the ring.

I wouldn't say Rubio took a dive, he just broke mentally. He didn't think he could win, was weight drained and hurt and probably figured what's the point. I think most of these dudes lose to GGG before they even step in the ring.

These dudes **** in their pants in the locker room before entering the ring to fight GGG and Kovalev.

Last edited:

I did think it was weird how Rubio just got wacked a few times and didnt look like he tried too hard to get up. Compare that to the Donaire vs Walters fight where you could see Donaire getting up and displaying a lot of heart.

If anything I think Rubio was just like...alright, screw getting hit more, Ill just lay here and pick up my check on the way out.
I don't know if it was like "hey here is money make sure you lose the fight" because we all know he was losing that fight no matter what

But missing the weight....losing 100k.  If he had money on a second round KO....to win some of that purse back....

I only really thought that because of what you said.  Watching Donaire legit get beat up and KO'd then watching rubio lay there...and then get up at 9 and look stunned that it was at 10...i was like ok...Nonito couldn't even fold his legs under him to stand but he tried....you laid there...something seems up

Last edited:
Lots of tin foil hats in here.
We gonna act like GGG hasn't done this his last 17 fights.
Nothing wrong with speculating, neither of us are saying Golovkin isn't good but is a little suspicios how Rubio folded up like a lawn chair. ESPN, HBO and the boxing world at large seems hellbent to push GGG as the new It Kid so it's not inconceivable to think maybe Rubio took a dive and bowed out early.

I don't think anyone here is questioning the result, as it's pretty much the consensus GGG would've KO'd Rubio eventually. It's the effort, or the appearance that there wasn't any, that raises eyebrows.

Yeah everybody agrees the effort wasn't there, it just the why. I'm sure a lot of dudes have taken bribes in boxing and more will later, but sometimes dudes just quit because they don't wanna get their *** whipped anymore :lol: , that's all I'm saying. This might have been one of those times.

Back
Top Bottom