Please lock.

Yeah, great timing on Miss Jacksons part lol. Dan Rafael said a possible meeting between Jacobs and Quillin at the Barclays in the fall may be in the works. Feel bad for Korobov though, Quillin backing out at the last second isn't good for business.

I don't think Floyd has fought outside the MGM in atleast 10 years.

I wouldn't put anything past Jayz at this point but man, no way he pulls this off, Floyd is not leaving home.

Barclays has tried to pry PBF away from Vegas to no avail.

Figures...does he ever travel to the home of over fighters? (mexico, argentina etc)

Why would he leave Vegas with such minimal taxes on his purse? He's not gonna **** his money up like that :lol: not that it doesn't matter but he doesn't give a **** about anything else but that purse. Cotto eats it because him and Arum work something out on top of just loving to fight at the Garden.

Unless Barclays makes a gargantuan offer that'll blow MGM outta the water, he's not leaving Vegas. Besides, who has warranted it that was not trying to make it on US soil or had already made it on US soil? Hatton wanted Vegas, Canelo wanted Vegas and those are the only two that I can think of.

Willy R (Fort Worth, TX) [via mobile]

Does Dan see a potential Broner vs Matthysse matchup down the road assuming they get past their opponents this Saturday?
Dan Rafael, King Fight Freak (12:00 PM)

Broner stated this week at the press conference that he would be fighting Matthysse next and Matthysse said he hopes it is true. It remains to be seen. Al Haymon will make that call, obviously.

I don't think anybody is denying Broners skill and talent. But it's most definitely not on the level he claims or thinks.

I believe Broner actually has a decent chance of winning that fight. One things for sure, it will be entertaining.

Last edited:
DSG hasn't looked good since

f8da137ee4c38cb1574050699665d028_crop_north.jpg

Salka should have never been in the ring with Garcia but Garcia definitely didn't look bad in that fight.

I'm not going to count that Salka bout, that was more like a Hard Hits Fight from Fight Night 3, show up and get a paycheck while trying to knock the other guy's head off.

But, no, I don't attribute the Maquina fight to DSG not looking good. I don't know what the deal is with him but that fight should've been the kickstarter to superstardom but it hasn't been.

I'm not going to count that Salka bout, that was more like a Hard Hits Fight from Fight Night 3, show up and get a paycheck while trying to knock the other guy's head off.

But, no, I don't attribute the Maquina fight to DSG not looking good. I don't know what the deal is with him but that fight should've been the kickstarter to superstardom but it hasn't been.

He fought the best in the division(Matthysse) and now he needs to fight other top 10 guys at 140 or move up to 147 because he isn't going to get credit for fighting guys like Salka

Garcia should fight Vargas, Postol, Peterson, Allakhverdiev or Broner

Back
Top Bottom