Please Lock.

So you mean to tell me all those fighters were past their prime but mayweather just got younger and stronger?LMAO

Come on son ...... Dude fought everyone weather was when you wanted to see it or not ....

Pac had many questions coming from everyone about his weight and power gains .... floyd exposed them and he ducked floyd for the longest ... at the end he settle for floyds demands and got paid less ... SMH .....

Who else did he duck???
What did Floyd expose?  I'm sure that Pac has used PED'S, but unlike Floyd, there is no solid evidence. 

What did Floyd expose?  I'm sure that Pac has used PED'S, but unlike Floyd, there is no solid evidence. 
What exactly are you saying? 

Did I speak about Mayweather? I'm speaking on the fact that Floyd said what many had in mind. I can give two ..... if Mayweather used them or not. The fact is that Pac ducked Mayweather  and at the end he settle for less than initially offered!

Mayweather by no means is an outstanding human being .... Although I believe some woman were making false accusation because of his rep, Im sure some of them were actually touched!

If Rigondeaux comes back now he will be ripe for the picking for one of the young lions. He's been inactive for too long. It will take a couple tuneups for him to shake off the ring rust. By then he'll be 36 according to his listed age. I suspect he's actually a couple years older.

Last edited:
Rigo was already up in age when he turned pro. That, his inactivity and his susceptibility to get dropped makes him ripe for the picking if he aged during his layoff.

Oscar writes open letter to Floyd. LOL I can't believe this...

http://www.playboy.com/articles/osc...an-honest-farewell-letter-to-floyd-mayweather

Dear Floyd:

You did it. You made it to the 49–0 mark, a milestone that you like to say only the great Rocky -Marciano reached but that was actually achieved by others, including my idol Julio César Chávez—but who’s counting? And now you’re retiring. Again. (The first time was after our fight in 2007.) This time you say it’s for real. You’re serious about hanging up the gloves. On to bigger and better things. So I’m writing to you today to wish you a fond farewell. Truth be told, I’m not unhappy to see you retire. Neither are a lot of boxing fans. Scratch that. MOST boxing fans. Why? Because the fight game will be a better one without you in it.

Let’s face it: You were boring. Just take a look at your most recent performance, your last hurrah in the ring, a 12-round decision against Andre Berto. How to describe it? A bust? A disaster? A snooze fest? An affair so one-sided that on one judge’s card Berto didn’t win a single round? Everyone in boxing knew Berto didn’t have a chance. I think more people watched Family Guy reruns that night than tuned in to that pay-per-view bout. But I didn’t mind shelling out $75 for the HD broadcast. In fact it’s been a great investment. When my kids have trouble falling asleep, I don’t have to read to them anymore. I just play them your Berto fight. They don’t make it past round three.

Another reason boxing is better off without you: You were afraid. Afraid of taking chances. Afraid of risk. A perfect example is your greatest “triumph,” the long-awaited record-breaking fight between you and Manny Pacquiao. Nearly 4.5 million buys! More than $400 million in revenue! Headlines worldwide! How can that be bad for boxing? Because you lied. You promised action and entertainment and a battle for the ages, and you delivered none of the above. The problem is, that’s precisely how you want it. You should have fought Pacquiao five years ago, not five months ago. That, however, would have been too dangerous. Too risky. You’ve made a career out of being cautious. You won’t get in the ring unless you have an edge. Sure, you fought some big names. But they were past their prime. Hell, even when we fought in 2007—and I barely lost a split decision—I was at the tail end of my career. Then later you took on Mexican megastar Saúl “Canelo” -Álvarez, but he was too young and had to drop too much weight.

Me? I got into this business to take chances. I took on all comers in their prime. The evidence? I lost. Six times. After 31 wins, my first loss was to Félix Trinidad, and I learned a valuable lesson that is true both in the ring and in life: Don’t run. I didn’t stop taking on the best of the best. After beating Derrell Coley, I took on “Sugar” Shane Mosley at the height of his powers—undefeated and considered by many to be the pound-for-pound best in the world. Again, I lost. After four wins against more top-ranked fighters I took on Mosley again. We can debate who actually won the rematch, but the judges had me losing that one as well.

Did I go easy after that? No. I moved up to middleweight to win a belt and faced one of the greatest middleweights of all time, Bernard Hopkins. After a body shot that I’m still feeling took me out of the fight, I took on two more guys at the height of their power who, many years later, would finally face each other at the ages of 36 and 38—Manny Pacquiao and you. When fighters do that—when they risk losing—that’s when everyone wins. The mantra of my firm Golden Boy Promotions is simple: the best taking on the best. It’s too bad you didn’t do the same.

You took the easy way out. When you weren’t dancing around fading stars (show idea for you: Dancing Around the Fading Stars), you were beating up on outclassed opponents. A lot of your opponents were above-average fighters, but they weren’t your caliber. You’re a very talented fighter, the best defensive fighter of our generation. But what good is talent if you don’t test it? Muhammad Ali did. Sugar Ray Leonard did. You? Not a chance. You spent 2000 to 2010 facing forgettable opening acts like Victoriano Sosa, Phillip N’dou, DeMarcus Corley, Henry Bruseles and Sharmba Mitchell. There were guys out there—tough scary opponents like Antonio Margarito and Paul Williams—but you ran from them. Were you ever on the track team in high school? You would have been a star.

Boxing will also be a better place without the Mouth. Your mouth, to be precise, the one that created “Money” Mayweather. I know you needed that Money Mayweather persona. Before he—and Golden Boy -Promotions—came along, nobody watched your fights. You couldn’t even sell out your hometown of Grand Rapids, Michigan. The Mouth made you money. More money than you could spend in a lifetime. (Wait, I’ve seen those episodes of 24/7. You probably will spend it all.) But the Mouth doesn’t have a place in boxing; save it for the WWE. Unless you’re someone like Ali, whose fights were as scintillating as his banter, the all-talk, no-entertainment model cheapens our sport. Boxers should speak with their fists and with their hearts. They don’t have to say anything to prove themselves. You’re going to have a legacy. You’ll be remembered as the guy who made the most money. As for your fights? We’ve already forgotten them.

Now that you’re stepping aside, attention can be turned to the sport’s real stars: the brawlers, the brave, the boxers who want nothing more than to face the best and therefore be the best. There’s Canelo, Kazakh KO sensation Gennady Golovkin, ferocious flyweight Román González, slugger Sergey Kovalev and a host of up-and-comers including Terence Crawford, Vasyl Lomachenko and Keith Thurman. Want to see what a monster fight looks like? Canelo takes on Miguel Cotto on November 21. It won’t do 4.4 million in PPV buys, but everyone who watches it will be thrilled. And that’s no empty promise.

You’re moving on to a new phase of life now, a second act. I’m sure it will be nice not to have to train year-round. To get out of the gym and spend time with your family. But I’m wondering what you’re going to do. You have a lot of time and, at the moment, a lot of money. Maybe you’ll put your true skills to work and open a used-car dealership or run a circus. Or maybe you’ll wind up back on Dancing With the Stars. It’s a job that’s safe, pays well and lets you run around on stage. Something you’ve been doing for most of your career.

If Oscar spent a fraction of the time running his company rather than writing scorned lover letters, doing drugs and dressing up like a chick, his company wouldn't be in the position its in.

Has kovolev even said he was interested in ward? Are there any negotiations or a date? How long is his injury leavin him out?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
You can tell Oscar has been harboring that hate for Floyd for a long time, but even then he made some valid points.
We all know Floyd ducked and "waited for the right moment" to fight most of these guys.
Still Oscar just bitter. He's going back in the fold with Arum promoting the HBO stable :smh:

Today I day dreamed that:

Floyd was furious with Oscar for his letter and said that since he hasn't fought
the best in their primes, to shut him and his critics p,he would come back and fightfor a 1 night only
event in May 2016. The catch is that Oscar De La Hoya will choose the opponent.
Oscar works a deal with K2 to choose GGG to fight Floyd at 154.
The match is set. They train. Hype ensues. The bell rings. Then I wake the **** up.

Its nice to dream sometimes....

Who exactly did Mayweather fight in the right moment tho? We already know that the Pacquiao and Mosley negotiations were not just Floyd refusing to fight them, theyou were dragging their feet on the other side too. Cotto Margarito and maybe Paul Williams are the only dudes you can make a somewhat legit argument. And speaking of Cotto, he's fighting Canelo next weekend, years after he fought Mayweather but that's more legit than when Mayweather fought him tho? That argument is really weak man.

but even then he made some valid points.
We all know Floyd ducked and "waited for the right moment" to fight most of these guys.

I'm still trying to figure out who he ducked though :lol:

Too many politics involved on both sides for me to say he ducked Pacquiao, they both played their part in that fight not happening 5 years ago IMO.

So out of the fighters Floyd fought after Gatti, who did he duck? Zab? DLH? Shane? Hatton? JMM? Cotto? Ortiz? Canelo?

Also, what the hell is Oscar talking about "Floyd was a runner" :wow: ... Oscar was on his motorcycle once Tito rocked him in their fight, literally getting boo'd for the last 3 rounds :smh:

Oscar makes it seem like he was fighting nothing but greats in their prime on his resume. He fought JCC, Camacho, and Sweet Pea (who won IMO) at the tail end of their careers. He was fighting bums like Castillejo, Sturm, Campas, etc. in-between the Tito, Shane, and BHop fights.

He only fought Pac for the money, he was already washed by then coming off a victory vs Forbes :smh:

Last edited:
Dude is bitter how Floyd ran through opponents unscathed with a perfect record and took all da money at the same time

Last edited:

Too many politics involved on both sides for me to say he ducked Pacquiao, they both played their part in that fight not happening 5 years ago IMO.

So out of the fighters Floyd fought after Gatti, who did he duck? Zab? DLH? Shane? Hatton? JMM? Cotto? Ortiz? Canelo?

Also, what the hell is Oscar talking about "Floyd was a runner" :wow: ... Oscar was on his motorcycle once Tito rocked him in their fight, literally getting boo'd for the last 3 rounds :smh:

Oscar makes it seem like he was fighting nothing but greats in their prime on his resume. He fought JCC, Camacho, and Sweet Pea (who won IMO) at the tail end of their careers. He was fighting bums like Castillejo, Sturm, Campas, etc. in-between the Tito, Shane, and BHop fights.

He only fought Pac for the money, he was already washed by then coming on a victory vs Forbes :smh:

Nothing but Fax sir. Excellent post. All I keep hearing is Margarito but people fail to mention the surrounding factors for why PBF turned that fight down. Robert Arum wanted Floyd to fight Margarito for $8million but wanted Floyd to reup with Top Rank. Floyd had a limited window to get out of his Top Rank deal and chose to buy Bob out for 750K rather than reup. Floyd wanted out so he could Chase Oscar who Robert didn't want to do business with at that time. Oscar is basically saying Floyd ducked Margarito to fight him.

Last edited:

He only fought Pac for the money, he was already washed by then coming on a victory vs Forbes :smh:

Nothing but Fax sir. Excellent post. All I keep hearing is Margarito but people fail to mention the surrounding factors for why PBF turned that fight down. Robert Arum wanted Floyd to fight Margarito for $8million but wanted Floyd to reup with Top Rank. Floyd had a limited window to get out of his Top Rank deal and chose to buy Bob out for 750K rather than reup. Floyd wanted out so he could Chase Oscar who Robert didn't want to do business with at that time. Oscar is basically saying Floyd ducked Margarito to fight him.

ALL OF THIS! I didn't even get started on the whole Margarito situation and I don't even understand how Oscar could put his cape on for a dude who blatantly cheated with cement gloves :smh:

[h1]Prichard Colon moved to rehabilitation facility, remains in a coma[/h1]
Dan Rafael, ESPN Senior Writer

Puerto Rican welterweight Prichard Colon, who suffered a traumatic brain injury in a fight Oct. 17, remains in a coma but was moved on Thursday to a rehabilitation facility.

Colon (16-1, 13 KOs), 23, suffered the injury during a ninth-round disqualification loss to Terrel Williams in an NBC-televised Premier Boxing Champions card from the EagleBank Arena in Fairfax, Virginia.

Colon collapsed in the dressing room shortly after the fight and was taken to Inova Fairfax Hospital, where he underwent emergency surgery to relieve pressure inside his skull.

Although Colon is breathing on his own, he has been in a coma since. On Thursday he was moved to Shepherd Center, a hospital in Atlanta that specializes in treatment for those with brain and spinal cord injuries.

"Today is a big day for my brother Prichard Colon," Ricardo Colon wrote on social media. "Headed to the best rehab center for traumatic brain injuries, Shepherd Center."

During the fight, Colon, who was a bright prospect, took some brutal, illegal punches behind the head, including a harsh knockdown on a shot behind the head late in the ninth round. The punch was not called a foul by referee Joe Cooper.

Cooper did deduct one point from Williams for rabbit punching in the seventh round but, despite Colon's complaints, also allowed Williams to hit Colon behind the head at other points during the fight without issuing any warnings or taking additional points.

Colon got to his feet after the knockdown, the second one of the ninth round, and returned to his corner, where his trainers began to cut off his gloves, apparently believing the scheduled 10-round bout had come to an end. When they could not get Colon's gloves back on in time Cooper disqualified Colon.

Colon walked to the dressing room under his own power but soon after became dizzy, vomited and passed out, at which point he was rushed to the hospital.

Lou DiBella, who promoted the card on behalf of PBC, said Colon has a long road ahead of him but that going to a rehabilitation facility specializing in brain injuries was best for him.

"It's one of the best facilities in the world for people in Prichard's situation," DiBella told ESPN.com. "He's going to the best place he can be. It has innovative treatments and is a state-of-the-art facility. But he remains in a coma. The family has been waiting for the approval for the move and for Prichard to be physically strong enough to make a safe trip.

"That's where they want him to be, and I'm happy they are able to bring him there. The best help anyone can give is to keep Prichard in their thoughts and for people who pray to continue to pray for him, and let's hope for the best for this fine young man and his family."

Also writing on social media, Ricardo Colon credited Al Haymon, Prichard's adviser and the creator of PBC, for making the move to the costly rehabilitation facility possible.

Back
Top Bottom