Please Lock.

I'm still trying to figure out who he ducked though :lol:

Too many politics involved on both sides for me to say he ducked Pacquiao, they both played their part in that fight not happening 5 years ago IMO.

So out of the fighters Floyd fought after Gatti, who did he duck? Zab? DLH? Shane? Hatton? JMM? Cotto? Ortiz? Canelo?

Also, what the hell is Oscar talking about "Floyd was a runner" :wow: ... Oscar was on his motorcycle once Tito rocked him in their fight, literally getting boo'd for the last 3 rounds :smh:

Oscar makes it seem like he was fighting nothing but greats in their prime on his resume. He fought JCC, Camacho, and Sweet Pea (who won IMO) at the tail end of their careers. He was fighting bums like Castillejo, Sturm, Campas, etc. in-between the Tito, Shane, and BHop fights.

He only fought Pac for the money, he was already washed by then coming off a victory vs Forbes :smh:

All of this take your rep sir couldnt have said it better myself

[h1]Prichard Colon moved to rehabilitation facility, remains in a coma[/h1]

Dan Rafael, ESPN Senior Writer

Puerto Rican welterweight Prichard Colon, who suffered a traumatic brain injury in a fight Oct. 17, remains in a coma but was moved on Thursday to a rehabilitation facility.

I hope buddy gets well, but its sad that they continue to play this angle of him getting punched in the back of the head as the soul cause of his injury. Dude didnt show up to fight was getting out worked most of it and blatantly hit his opponent below the belt and behind the head. He got dropped and his corner should have stopped the fight sooner.

I dont like that they are putting his opponent in a negative light when he worked just as hard to be in that position as Prichard. It was his first step up in comp and he showed he wasnt ready

Bomba lives down the road from me. Dude gets infinite respect around here. One of the toughest dudes in all of boxing.

He just rejuvenated his career on PBC
nthat.gif

Last edited:
Great fight but his lack of defense against a lesser fighter worries me especially if he looking for a fight with stevenson.

Butngood to see him bounceback from those 2 knockdowns. People see floyd do the shpulder roll but still overlook the tucking of the chin his opponent also through no jabs and only had a right hand smh

Yeah he's not really about defense. Straight brawler
laugh.gif

He tried to lure Andre Ward into the same type of fight when they fought.

True. But even in the brawl tonight against lesser comp he literally left his left down inviting a counter especially with his wide swings. But dude has heart to come back like he did to win

Worst thing about that letter is dlh really thinking Floyd & co and flomos really reading all of that, let alone understanding it :lol:

Dude needs to cut it down by 90% and have it entirely consist of acronyms and cliches :lol: :lol:

Too many politics involved on both sides for me to say he ducked Pacquiao, they both played their part in that fight not happening 5 years ago IMO.

So out of the fighters Floyd fought after Gatti, who did he duck? Zab? DLH? Shane? Hatton? JMM? Cotto? Ortiz? Canelo?

Also, what the hell is Oscar talking about "Floyd was a runner" :wow: ... Oscar was on his motorcycle once Tito rocked him in their fight, literally getting boo'd for the last 3 rounds :smh:

Oscar makes it seem like he was fighting nothing but greats in their prime on his resume. He fought JCC, Camacho, and Sweet Pea (who won IMO) at the tail end of their careers. He was fighting bums like Castillejo, Sturm, Campas, etc. in-between the Tito, Shane, and BHop fights.

He only fought Pac for the money, he was already washed by then coming off a victory vs Forbes :smh:

This

oscar really is salty... floyd made more money than him and retired undefeated... hes still mad that floyd made a fool out of him on 24/7 during their fight and after he beat oscar that made it even worse for him...who did floyd really duck? hes beat more world champions than almost any boxer out there... he fought guys in their natural weight class and not a catch weight like PAC.... i agree he could be a boring fight to the "casual fan" but for pure boxing fans hes exciting with his defense and counter punching being so precise... with his defense and making all fights look so easy exception for castillo people will always hate floyd or root against him especially for him playing that villain role but that was a front just to sell fights

oscar really is salty... floyd made more money than him and retired undefeated... hes still mad that floyd made a fool out of him on 24/7 during their fight and after he beat oscar that made it even worse for him...who did floyd really duck? hes beat more world champions than almost any boxer out there... he fought guys in their natural weight class and not a catch weight like PAC.... i agree he could be a boring fight to the "casual fan" but for pure boxing fans hes exciting with his defense and counter punching being so precise... with his defense and making all fights look so easy exception for castillo people will always hate floyd or root against him especially for him playing that villain role but that was a front just to sell fights

I'm not a fan of Floyd, but agree he's one of the best boxers. But he's had a catchweight fight before too, with Canelo. And other occasions technically not a catchweight but an example is fighting Marquez and making him go a couple divisions above his usual. Nobodies perfect. Beating more world champions would be equivalent to Manny Pacquiao legit 8 time champion claim. It's all true on paper, but in reality, there's too many belts in boxing. People dislike Floyd for his negative comments, some racism comments, cheap shotting Victor Ortiz, beating his ex GF and threatening her kids, even though it's both sides faults (With Pacquiao) the fight didn't happen earlier, Floyd did initiate that wall to not make it happen earlier, not to mention Floyd's IV scandal vs Pacquiao. I think he uses Hispanic fighters and beats them in their holidays to sell fights for the most part.

But I agree, Oscar should mind his own business and focus on his own promotions.

Rigo on the Canelo vs Cotto card, solidifies me to buying PPV. Can't wait. But wow @ 1 week notice.

Last edited:
I am not sure of who's fault any of this is...boxing is full of liars, thieves and story tellers. But floyd did take fights with tomato cans when there were better fights out there.

Most glaringly vs. Victor Ortiz, Robert guerero, berto, the second maidana fight etc. At one point, in and around his weight class he totally avoided and didn't even make mention to paul Williams, cotto before he was out of gas, Antonio margarito.

He had frequently said that he wants to fight the best fighters out there, then routinely didn't.

I'm finding it hard to find that debatable at all.

Oscar is mad that Floyd figured out the game earlier in his career than he did. Floyd made a ton of money for himself. Oscar made a ton of money for Bob Arum.

Over the past 10 years, there were only 2 fighters that I thought could give Floyd a run for his money and wanted to see him fight. 1. Cotto and 2. Khan. To this day, Cotto was by far his toughest opponent. Not sure what the deal was with negotiating with Khan. But yeah, Oscar is salty, and yes he lost to Sweet Pea.

I dint get why people think khan would give him any trouble. Cats really dont box who comment. He has hand speed yes but like many others he is a one trick pony without the ability to make adjustments when in the ring. Floyd kn the ring playing chess while other people playing checkers.

Please dont bring up paul williams or margarito. Paul wasnt getting any fights at welterweightbc bra was a freak, and had floyd fought margarito we might not have ever gotten tmt. Cats read one article and think they know the whole picture which is laughable. Especially when they jus started getting into boxing 5 years ago smh

The only guy who wouldve given money trouble is winky

I dint get why people think khan would give him any trouble. Cats really dont box who comment. He has hand speed yes but like many others he is a one trick pony without the ability to make adjustments when in the ring. Floyd kn the ring playing chess while other people playing checkers.

Please dont bring up paul williams or margarito. Paul wasnt getting any fights at welterweightbc bra was a freak, and had floyd fought margarito we might not have ever gotten tmt. Cats read one article and think they know the whole picture which is laughable. Especially when they jus started getting into boxing 5 years ago smh

I just think Khan is a more skilled fighter than most if not all the fighters he fought over the past few years, thus an entertaining fight. Not necessarily he was going to win.

I was just about to say Winky, I'm glad you said it for me. Punisher maybe but it would depend. Would we see the focused using all of his length and skills Paul? Or the slugger who often times didn't use his reach to his advantage?

Back
Top Bottom