pokemon

Do guys remember the days when we used to play red and blue version for like 5 hours a day and spent a bunch a money on trading cards. Watching the shows withash and pikachu. Nike talk do think anything came close to be as addicting as pokemon for kids?

Nah.

Pokemon was my life growing up.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

I was banned from bringing my cards to school for "jipping" people off. I had my underground ring in the bathroom lol

I did play pokemon, but in my childhood Yu-Gi-Oh was bigger, because not only did we watch the show, play the games, and buy lots of cards,
but we actually knew how to use those cards and battle each other
laugh.gif
Fighting with pokemon cards didn't make any sense to me.
Pokemon for me was basically just the games, because I didn't really watch the show, and I didn't like just having cards and not doing anything withthem.

someone stole my gameboy color with yellow version in it.
was upset for months

my friend rob punched our teacher in the face when he snatched his pokemon cards from him.
he was a straight fiend yo.
smh.gif

they had to ban the pokemon cards at my middle school. kids were fighting over them in the bathroom
laugh.gif

growing up it was all about pokemon... i remember every saturday morning waking up watching kids WB then in 6th grade yu-gi-oh came out.... man that was the
pimp.gif

kids today have some horrible cartoon

I was 4 years old when blue version came out it was to hard to read for me, so I would wait until my dad came back from work and he would play for me eventhough he didn't like it he always wanted to make me happy lol.

Remember, I still play it from time to time. But the OG Pokemon > *
pimp.gif
Ah, the good old days

I remember having almost all the cards.
laugh.gif
at you dudes who actually bought em as a kid, and if you had a pokemon book and you wanted to show me a"certain card", that was a wrap.

& I remember stopping at yellow version lmao.

Originally Posted by Kobe jordan

I was 4 years old when blue version came out it was to hard to read for me, so I would wait until my dad came back from work and he would play for me even though he didn't like it he always wanted to make me happy lol.

embarassed.gif

the first pack i bought was like 1.75 lol then it raised crazy

but yeah it use to be life, then digimon for short while, then yugioh kicked in lol

Yup. I would get so hyped everytime the show came on and the intro song played
eek.gif
Talk about marking out

Before there were Pokemon cards, there were basketball cards. Getting the mad holographic and shiny cards ftw. And if you had a Michael Jordan card you werethe man. My little bro was into the pokemon cards and then yu-gi-oh... Not to mention beyblades
smh.gif
the things kids were into.

I remember Nintendo Power sent a promotional video to me, waaaay b4 the craze and looking at it like WTH
months later I had the game, cards and watched the show religiously, go figure

The only thing that was close honestly was the Ninja Turtles but that was pre movie 3 (SMH)
I remember certain modern mythos being big at certain times but none for as long as Pokemon
One minute it was Batman then Spiderman then Xmen then Star Wars and so on

Dragon Ball Z could have been that big but they missed out by changing publishers, vocie actors, not putting games out when the show was at its peak and awhole bunch of other issues

But yeah Pokemon was that BIG

Back
Top Bottom