Political Prisoner Marshall Eddie Conway Released After 44 Years vol: Don't post the Lil' Boosie mem

ikr

its sad doe 
mean.gif

^ Instead of saying/quoting that, why don't you ADD to the discussion

What are YOUR thoughts on it ....

I wonder if he is eligible for some type of monetary settlement since the judge (the state) made an error.

oh im sure

that would only be right

they probably wouldnt give him enough to brag about though

78% of people locked up in MD are black? :smh:

:smh: |I

Seems like he got convicted off the strength of ******** testimonies from a cop with a agenda and a jailhouse snitch :smh: can't even imagine the feeling of knowing that you about to do the rest of your life on the yard for some **** that you didn't do coupled with the fact that virtually nobody is gonna believe you're really innocent after you're convicted :smh:

If you look at some of the stories of those who have been exonerated some of these dudes had football numbers on em for literally being at the wrong place at the wrong time due to lazy DA's and police officers simply looking for a conviction

Sad how little attention stuff like this gets both in the media and on here, I made a thread about the people who are compiling the stories of people like this and some of these dudes were talking like this is just business as usual :smh:

Glad he has finally been released.  Hope is able to adjust to the way the world is now, and free himself from any hatred he may have, but that is obviously understandable.  Of course there are many more political prisoners that still need to be released.   
Scores of former Black Panthers are serving virtual life sentences in prison, largely the result of  the efforts of J. Edgar Hoover, who ordered his FBI in the 1960s and '70s to target the Black Panther Party - as revealed by the 1977 Church Committee Senate hearings.
Just goes to show that there IS a system that is designed one way or another to hinder the black community, whether folks want to acknowledge that or not. 

Correct me if Im wrong

I think the only instances where I've heard them getting money is in incorrect convictions because of DNA ...

Last edited:
J Edgar Hoover was pure evil man. :smh: And to think they have a building named after him

Correct me if Im wrong

I think the only instance where I've heard them getting money is in incorrect convictions because of DNA ...
ain't that a *****

Glad he has finally been released.  Hope is able to adjust to the way the world is now, and free himself from any hatred he may have, but that is obviously understandable.  Of course there are many more political prisoners that still need to be released.   

Just goes to show that there IS a system that is designed one way or another to hinder the black community, whether folks want to acknowledge that or not. 
J Edgar Hoover was pure evil man.
mean.gif
And to think they have a building named after him
maaaaaaaaan Hoover did a number on Black people. He's evil personified. He signed his letter of intent and went to hell on a scholarship.

Correct me if Im wrong

I think the only instances where I've heard them getting money is in incorrect convictions because of DNA ...

Nah, if you live in one of 16 states with statutes guaranteeing that the exonerated get a settlement you have to be able to prove that you sat down for something you absolutely did not do. One way they can do that is through DNA another way is showing that your charges got dropped or you got a retrial and were found not guilty, just getting your **** overturned ain't enough tho.

So basically it's hard as hell to get paid even if you live in one of those 16 states, if you don't **** is even tougher :smh:

The Innocence Project said a few years back of the hundred something people they got off based on DNA only like 12 of them had got some type of reparation at that point

Nah, if you live in one of 16 states with statutes guaranteeing that the exonerated get a settlement you have to be able to prove that you sat down for something you absolutely did not do. One way they can do that is through DNA another way is showing that your charges got dropped or you got a retrial and were found not guilty, just getting your **** overturned ain't enough tho.

So basically it's hard as hell to get paid even if you live in one of those 16 states, if you don't **** is even tougher
mean.gif

The Innocence Project said a few years back of the hundred something people they got off based on DNA only like 12 of them had got some type of reparation at that point
sheesh that's rough.

Yeah **** is all messed up

**** the money tho you can't get those years of your life you missed spending time with family, friends, etc. back. Eddie Conway went in early 20's he almost 70 now :smh:

44 years...it's a shame you can do jail time like that, let you out early and act like they're doing you a favor, when you more than likely shouldn't have been in there in the first place. They also act like everything is supposed to be normal and cool now too Smh

Last edited:
But people say I'm reaching when I say there is a system set up to hinder black people.... Glad to see the man free, I hope this doesn't dishearten him from doing public service for the black community and continuing the good fight....

Back
Top Bottom