-----Portfolio Post, check out some PAINTINGS-----update - Nike Mag oil sketch

Hey NT,

For those of you that don't know, I'm a painter from Boston, MA.

Over the past year I've started to pursue a living through my art work alone.  It's been a long tough road,

but things are looking good with a few shows coming up and a solo show on the horizon.

I've got a few commissions going on but it never hurts to get more exposure, so please check out some

of my work and share it with your friends.  I'm always open to doing commissions and selling work!

Peace,

Alex Sewell

ALEXSEWELL.COM

" Artist And " [Self portrait]

oil on canvas

24" x 24"

" Women Without "

oil on canvas

5' x 3'

" Corrupted S "

oil and graphite on canvas

32" x 40"

" Repair and Alterations Comic "

oil and paper on canvas

5" x 3"

" His Blood "

oil, acrylic, enamel, and screenprinting ink on canvas

20" x 16"

Nice work bro! I really like the Repair and Alterations Comic...I just see subtle and hectic mixed. idk just my opinion. great work regardless

Absolutely dope! As a fellow artist, I really dig your style. Keep doing what you do man.

Oh, and if there was one thing you've learned throughout your journey as an artist, what would you preach to other up-and-coming young artists?

Thanks and best regards.

Thanks for the replies. If I had any words for a young artist it's that being an artist means putting in lots of hours for just your own gratification. The returns are few and they take a long time, just stick in there. Also, honesty in your work is the most important aspect of painting, leave theories and convoluted ideas for 60 year olds.Btw Im currently finishing up at massart in Boston, ma.Will post new work soon!

Beautiful work man.  You have inspired me man.  Being a graphic designer, you can quickly forget how important it is to create by hand.  I am going to being again.  Great post.

I was bored today waiting for a painting to dry so I did an oil sketch of some Mags.
laugh.gif

I like 'em, kinda Philip Guston like.
http://s1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff457/actualyalexander/?action=view&current=mags2.jpg

nice work FlawlessV. Loving the colors in the air mag piece. very nice
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Back
Top Bottom