Portland Shopping

Going to be headed to Portland for the first time in a few weeks. Do y'all have any favorite sneaker/ clothing spots I should hit up.

I've heard of the Nike Emoyee store, but hear it's super hard to get into

Yeah the ES is gonna be hard to get into if you don’t have a plug. Look at Compound in Chinatown as well as Upper playground across the street

Index downtown is two blocks from Upper Playground and Compound. That’s really your only shop for rare kicks, and while the prices can be a little “ugh” you can cop some deals and steals depending.

Compound is all street wear and some dope kicks but not anything Index level. If you’re looking for Dunks, AFI’s and non-Nike you can come up there.

Nike ES, adidas ES, Index, Compound, Upper Playground are about the only spots in the Portland Metro area for kicks & clothing.

Hi!

1 good thing is there is no sales tax in Oregon so you can save a little $$. Aside from what's been mentioned above my only other thought, if you feel up to it & have the time, is before you go, checking out local ads on Craig's list, Letgo & eBay to see if anyone in the Portland area has anything you may be interested in, you never know, you could get a great deal on something someone is really motivated to sell. There's also a lot of professional athletes that live in PO both current & retired, occasionally you'll find ads for things they just want to get rid of, never wore or maybe wore 1x.
I just realized you posted this back in April but thought I'd post it anyways incase you ever go back to Portland. Never hurts to have some xtra info. I hope you had a great time, it's very beautiful there esp in late spring thru summer, scored some good deals & ate some great food from the vast amount of amazing restaurants of all kinds!

I love Index when I go to Portland. Also check out Buffalo Exchange, they have a pretty good consignment selection.

For retail prices: Niketown on 5th downtown
Nike factory on MLK
Compound
Commonwealth for SBs
Pharmacy for SBs

Consignment: Indexpdx

Pro tip: Hit up Buffalo Exchange and Goodwill. May come up on a sample.

Check out Laundry PDX on 2nd and SE Alder. New spot, lots of vintage jerseys, jackets and clothes plus kicks. Just slid in there the other day.

Back
Top Bottom