Positive Male Influence Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
scrambled-toast-crystal-ball.jpg

If you want to "change the world" and battle all gender roles in society and live in a colorless, genderless world then keep dreaming and make a thread about it.  This isn't the thread to push your genderless world utopia.  Check my location homie...it says the real world.  Lets keep this discussion relevant to the way the world works.  I'm not really trying see this go down your usual route about gays and womens rights.  Sorry homie I already see it coming.

All you've said is that a male role model can be useful in teaching a child about male social constructs. But are those things really what makes one a 'man'?
At the end of the day, the traits that matter the most are the ones derived from basic human principles. There are plenty of scruff, hairy, deep-voiced men who turn out to be weak cowards inside. On the same token, there have been men who may not have fit societies archetype of a 'man's man', yet are admired for their virtue and character.
Like I said above.. are things like having a strong handshake and never crying really what makes one a "man'? Not saying those things aren't worth talking about, but are they really the bottom-line issues that should be focused on?
Instead of raising my child with all types of expectations in his head to live up to, I'd rather raise a child who knows that no matter what happens, nothing anyone can say about his "manhood" will shake who he truly is inside. If I know that he has that, anything else he learns will just be icing on the cake.

this is the root of the argument I'm having with this createdestroy dude and it's going over his head. You don't need a male role model to teach you about social constructs.

Last edited:
All you've said is that a male role model can be useful in teaching a child about male social constructs. But are those things really what makes one a 'man'?
At the end of the day, the traits that matter the most are the ones derived from basic human principles. There are plenty of scruff, hairy, deep-voiced men who turn out to be weak cowards inside. On the same token, there have been men who may not have fit societies archetype of a 'man's man', yet are admired for their virtue and character.
Like I said above.. are things like having a strong handshake and never crying really what makes one a "man'? Not saying those things aren't worth talking about, but are they really the bottom-line issues that should be focused on?
Instead of raising my child with all types of expectations in his head to live up to, I'd rather raise a child who knows that no matter what happens, nothing anyone can say about his "manhood" will shake who he truly is inside. If I know that he has that, anything else he learns will just be icing on the cake.

this is the root of the argument I'm having with this createdestroy dude and it's going over his head. You don't need a male role model to teach you about social constructs.

Didnt say NEED...i said it was advantageous....

please reread my words

Alot of guys raised by their mothers are taking this personal without looking at the issue objectively....where are all the guys raised by both parents who agree with you?!?!?!~

Last edited:

If you want to "change the world" and battle all gender roles in society and live in a colorless, genderless world then keep dreaming and make a thread about it.  This isn't the thread to push your genderless world utopia.  Check my location homie...it says the real world.  Lets keep this discussion relevant to the way the world works.  I'm not really trying see this go down your usual route about gays and womens rights.  Sorry homie I already see it coming.

Yahweh forbid someone cares about gays and women rights, you created a blatantly sexist thread and expected everyone to act like a monkey and cosign. If you do not like differing opinions get a blog.

Last edited:

Yahweh forgbid someone cares about gays and women rights, you created a blatantly sexist thread and expected everyone to act like a monkey and cosign. If you do not like differing opinions get a blog.
Has nothing to do with differing opinions but you have to stay on topic.

Mom appreciation =
pimp.gif

Positive Male appreciation =
mad.gif
"My momma did a great job raising me! IM A GOOD MAN!"

Blantantly sexist?
laugh.gif
you gotta be kidding me.  A woman can't raise a man as well as a man.....does that make you feel better?  Or you still don't agree with that?  All humans are the same?

Mom appreciation = :pimp:
Positive Male appreciation = >: "My momma did a great job raising me! IM A GOOD MAN!"

Blantantly sexist? :lol: you gotta be kidding me.  A woman can't raise a man as well as a man.....does that make you feel better?  Or you still don't agree with that?  All humans are the same?

Dads are appreciated, but I would never say a man can raise a kid better than a woman. You people still haven't given examples of these male traits....you started the thread by posting traits that every human being should have and tried to imply a woman can't teach you that. >D
Good parents are appreciated.

Last edited:
All you've said is that a male role model can be useful in teaching a child about male social constructs. But are those things really what makes one a 'man'?.

in a literal sense...yes
If that's the case, then society has clearly moved past your definition of 'manhood'..

Do you know what a "social construct" is?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_constructionism

A social construct is something that is not an inherent quality of reality, rather it arises from societal trends. By definition, social constructs =/= the real world.

You're basically saying that you'd rather have your child fit a cookie-cutter mold of other people's collective influences instead of being his own individual. You aren't giving your child the tools to operate in the real world (or else you would teach them about the ideology that more accurately governs the real world, i.e. basic human principles), you're simply perpetuating the stereotypes for yet another generation.

By the way, I was raised by both parents.

Yahweh forgbid someone cares about gays and women rights, you created a blatantly sexist thread and expected everyone to act like a monkey and cosign. If you do not like differing opinions get a blog.
:lol: I'm saying. If OP is going use NT as his soapbox (which he does quite frequently) he should be prepared for criticism as well.

I used to be a misogynist too, seemed cool at the time. Then I realized it was too much effort defending blatantly stupid viewpoints.

Edit:

That's funny, because the way I thought the world worked was that we were all humans, and that principles like treating other humans how you would want to be treated actually meant something. But maybe I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Mom appreciation =
pimp.gif

Positive Male appreciation =
mad.gif
"My momma did a great job raising me! IM A GOOD MAN!"

Blantantly sexist?
laugh.gif
you gotta be kidding me.  A woman can't raise a man as well as a man.....does that make you feel better?  Or you still don't agree with that?  All humans are the same?

Dads are appreciated, but I would never say a man can raise a kid better than a woman. You people still haven't given examples of these male traits....you started the thread by posting traits that every human being should have and tried to imply a woman can't teach you that.
grin.gif

Good parents are appreciated.
I'm not posting them because I already know how you will respond.  You will say 1. that's trivial doesn't matter 2. anybody can teach that or 3. its not a needed trait

So why waste my time?  How about you answer this.  Do you think there are traits that are exclusive to males that would be advantageous to succeed socially? And if yes wouldn't a male be a better teacher than a woman?

I'm not posting them because I already know how you will respond.  You will say 1. that's trivial doesn't matter 2. anybody can teach that or 3. its not a needed trait

So why waste my time?  How about you answer this.  Do you think there are traits that are exclusive to males that would be advantageous to succeed socially? And if yes wouldn't a male be a better teacher than a woman?

Jesus Christ man have some confidence, I thought your dad taught you that?

There are stereotypically male traits, a lot of which are quite unsavory if you ask me. Men are seen as bold, aggressive, confident while women are demure and helpless. Look at Barack Obama, he was raised by a white woman and he turned out ok. He's a good father and a great husband. He is the President of the US, looks like he's "succeeding socially". :\

Last edited:
^Define "succeeding socially"
Is it that hard to understand?  Have enjoyable, meaningful relationships with peers throughout your life.  Having friends. Having people that care about you.  Having people that respect you.  Being able to meet new people and have them enjoy your presence. 

I'm not posting them because I already know how you will respond.   You will say 1. that's trivial doesn't matter 2. anybody can teach that or 3. its not a needed trait

Jesus Christ man have some confidence, I thought your dad taught you that?

There are stereotypically male traits, a lot of which are quite unsavory if you ask me. Men are seen as bold, aggressive, confident while women are demure and helpless. Look at Barack Obama, he was raised by a white woman and he turned out ok. He's a good father and a great husband. He is the President of the US, looks like he's "succeeding socially".
ohwell.gif
Can you answer my question before you continue to speak on all the unsavory stereotypes of men you despise? 

It was always me and my mom never met my pops, but my mom had one boyfriend she saw for a while that I looked up to..dude was a construction worker and took me shooting, dude even killed his brother with his bare hands..
They got into a fight one time they got drunk and they were struggling on the ground and he ended up busting a vein in his bros arm..he was really good to me and moms but mum mom didn't like that he drank..
Him and moms broke up but I would see him around til we moved away..even then I found out he was askin how I was..he ended up getting cirrhosis of the liver not sure if he got well..after that it was my step pops dude played football for ok state and he taught sports at the high school I attended later..my teachers gave me good grades cuz dude was a legend and now my ill bro goes there..but yeah i always fought step pops but if it wasn't for him I'd be a little sissy makin threads about girl problems..it took some time for me to realize that all his rules were molding me into a man, not til recently did we put all our problems behind us,,it made me cry when he told me he was proud of me and that he loved me..like we fought..with fists, it was beef..I call him my dad now

Last edited:
Is it that hard to understand?  Have enjoyable, meaningful relationships with peers throughout your life.  Having friends. Having people that care about you.  Having people that respect you.  Being able to meet new people and have them enjoy your presence. 

:rofl:

You need a man to teach you this? I'm disappointed. Apparently all women are anti-social, shy creatures with no friends. :rofl:

Will never care for the whole social construct talk name period in history of matriarchy other than made up amazon societies .Its stupid and unnecessary .You all realize that human survival to this date was based off said social constructs and jobs am I saying all women belong in the kitchen nope but don't try to push a gay and feminist agenda its counterproductive so far its worked in reverse.Ots created generations of boys who get over medicated ,blatantly mistreated and mishandled in schools because they are told they are too aggressive and doing boy stuff is bad and unsafe. Women can't raise boys to men .They internalize their hatred of the child's father into the boy or project their idea of manhood onto a boy and mess them up .

Last edited:
Will never care for the whole social construct talk name period in history of matriarchy other than made up amazon societies .Its stupid and unnecessary .You all realize that human survival to this date was based off said social constructs and jobs am I saying all women belong in the kitchen nope but don't try to push a gay and feminist agenda its counterproductive so far its worked in reverse.Ots created generations of boys who get over medicated ,blatantly mistreated and mishandled in schools because they are told they are too aggressive and doing boy stuff is bad and unsafe. Women can't raise boys to men .They internalize their hatred of the child's father into the boy or project their idea of manhood onto a boy and mess them up .

So because some women are bad mothers, every woman is a bad mother. There are fathers that are equally deplorable and abusive. A lot of social constructs have led to human strife. Racism is based on a social construct.

Women raise boys, they have no choice but to become men (well unless they are transgender or something). This idea that man is corrupted by women has existed since Adam and Eve and it is pervasive. Men always point the finger at everyone but themselves, it's a very manly trait.

Last edited:
roll.gif

You need a man to teach you this? I'm disappointed. Apparently all women are anti-social, shy creatures with no friends.
roll.gif
How can a young man do those things listed if he doesn't interact well with his peers?  How can do these things if he doesn't attract women?  Look at all the girl problems on this board...then look at the lack of appreciation for Positive Males in this thread...coincidence? Look at the Thread about Yambs it is all things older, wiser men should pass down not strangers on a message board. 

Its cool man I understand you cant stand anything that you see in the mirror.  For some reason you care MORE not EQUALLY about gays, whites, and women.  Why is that? If you are so worldly and such an independent thinker why do you attack everything that is "normal".  Why is that?  I respect women, all races, all religions, and gay rights.  And haven't once said anything negative about a woman in this thread.  But you have in almost every post attacked men....why is that when this thread is about positive males?  Oh you still have dirt to throw because you have a problem with men in general.  You can't even embrace a thread about the good of having a positive male influence because you think everything a man represents is flawed.  Like I said its cool if you have a great mom but she can't do it all.  If you disagree thats on you but have a respectful discussion.

and you are the only one using gender stereotypes in this thread thats the irony!

Last edited:
How can a young man do those things listed if he doesn't interact well with his peers?  How can do these things if he doesn't attract women?  Look at all the girl problems on this board...then look at the lack of appreciation for Positive Males in this thread...coincidence? Look at the Thread about Yambs it is all things older, wiser men should pass down not strangers on a message board. 

Its cool man I understand you cant stand anything that you see in the mirror.  For some reason you care MORE not EQUALLY about gays, whites, and women.  Why is that? If you are so worldly and such an independent thinker why do you attack everything that is "normal".  Why is that?  I respect women, all races, all religions, and gay rights.  And haven't once said anything negative about a woman in this thread.  But you have in almost every post attacked men....why is that when this thread is about positive males?  Oh you still have dirt to throw because you have a problem with men in general.  You can't even embrace a thread about the good of having a positive male influence because you think everything a man represents is flawed.  Like I said its cool if you have a great mom but she can't do it all.  If you disagree thats on you but have a respectful discussion.

lol @ you people I gave a very good example of a man that was raised by a woman who became President of the united states. You can interact well with people and be raised by a woman. Are you guys serious right now? :rofl:

I can't embrace a thread about having a positive male influence that uses it as an excuse to call mothers incompetent parents. That's like if I made a post about how African mothers are appreciated while calling African American mothers horrible. People would be outraged.

There are many people raised by both a father and mother that have girl problems. Girl problems are just a fact of life. In fact I can count many of my very good friends with both parents who have girl issues. There are actually some things people feel more comfortable discussing with their peers than parents. My friends discuss their girl issues with me and many of them don't with their parents. Shrugs.

If people accept everything that is "normal", white people would still own African slaves.

Last edited:
so Obama learned everything in his life from his Mother? Or he had positive male influences to mold him into the nations leader?  Which one do you think? 

Last edited:
That whole gender less world argument is essentially a gay argument at its root. Who benefits from a world where there is no gender line and sexuality is fluid? Not people who are non white . A colorless world I.e a world where color is supposedly overlooked like Cuba and Mexico is a world where people are even more disenfranchised based off color .A gender less world is just as bad as problems of gender will be marginalized and forgotten as the world is supposedly post gender .a gender less world will be a pretty crappy world for women of color .White gay men and white gay/straight women will be the only ones who benefit . Shaniqua and Maria will get trickle down support because they will still be exoticized and treated differently .Gay Black woman was stabbed to death by her dorm mate lgbt feminist community didnt care .A black meteorologist woman got fired for defending her right to uphold her own standard of beauty as a black woman against white males standard of beauty the feminst showed not a damn once of support or solidarity. You think a gay black male will be hired as fast as a white gay one or a white gay woman? Not In this world by this society .

Last edited:
dreams.JPG

care to explain the title of this? 
I only remember my father for one month my whole life, when I was 10. And it wasn't until much later in life that I realized, like, he gave me my first basketball and it was shortly thereafter that I became this basketball fanatic. And he took me to my first jazz concert and it was sort of shortly thereafter that I became really interested in jazz and music. So what it makes you realize how much of an impact [even if it's only a month] that they have on you. But I think probably the most important thing was his absence I think contributed to me really wanting to be a good dad, you know? Because I think not having him there made me say to myself 'you know what I want to make sure my girls feel like they've got somebody they can rely on.'"[61]

Are you done? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom