Possible move to Seattle...info needed

Avy and name checkin in

Didnt know there were so many seattle nt'ers.

Where is wifeys job actually located at op?

Beacon Hill and Columbia city is anything but dangerous with all the gentrifiers roaming around.

View media item 2436242
My parents got poperty in beacon hill planning to moving back and turning it into a modern home to live in but now idk since the crime rate went up. I remember when I was a kid i would ride my bike from skyway to beacon durning the summer and now we can't walk a few blocks that's crazy.

What part of Beacon is this? I live near the Fire Station and it's way more safer than the 90's.

View media item 2436242
My parents got poperty in beacon hill planning to moving back and turning it into a modern home to live in but now idk since the crime rate went up. I remember when I was a kid i would ride my bike from skyway to beacon durning the summer and now we can't walk a few blocks that's crazy.

Renton probably best bet if you can't afford Seattle.
He's telling the truth. I never said Columbia City is dangerous, I said they're pushing people out of Columbia City and they're all coming up to Beacon Hill. Pretty soon, more areas of Rainier will be moving up there, too. I'm talking about the area between Mercer and Cleveland.

laugh.gif

why are yall so mad? 

What part of Beacon is this? I live near the Fire Station and it's way more safer than the 90's.
New holly area, we got property right behind the firestone on MLK, I use to get my hair cut by Abe, right there by Red apple, might have to get a cut when i go back in July.

We mention south end, not only its affordable but its within the 45 minute commute to downtown. Depending on the time of day traffic will be s****y from all ends of downtown, going into leaving downtown north south east west you name it lol. I use to commute to Everette from Skyway (south end) everyday for 5 years. 35-40 in the morning and 1.15 hours coming back in the afternoon.  If your thinking of going to Bellevue or Issaquah or anywhere east, is that they have the best school I believe, mercer islands a good place if you have deep pockets. the down side able the east side is you'll have to use the bridge to get into out town which again will be traffic during rush hour. All in all you just cant beat the traffic here, its a whole job in its self just to try to get to the other side of town lol. So plan 30-45min ahead of schedule you should be good. 

Some parts in West Seattle's good, too should check around California Ave. that place is up and coming good area to be around. 

Last edited:
He's telling the truth. I never said Columbia City is dangerous, I said they're pushing people out of Columbia City and they're all coming up to Beacon Hill. Pretty soon, more areas of Rainier will be moving up there, too. I'm talking about the area between Mercer and Cleveland.

Lol people arent getting booted out to only end up in a more expensive neighborhood. All the cats getting pushed put are ending up in renton/kent/auburn.

That area you mentioned around Cleveland has nothing under 500k.

New holly area, we got property right behind the firestone on MLK, I use to get my hair cut by Abe, right there by Red apple, might have to get a cut when i go back in July.

We mention south end, not only its affordable but its within the 45 minute commute to downtown. Depending on the time of day traffic will be s****y from all ends of downtown, going into leaving downtown north south east west you name it lol. I use to commute to Everette from Skyway (south end) everyday for 5 years. 35-40 in the morning and 1.15 hours coming back in the afternoon.  If your thinking of going to Bellevue or Issaquah or anywhere east, is that they have the best school I believe, mercer islands a good place if you have deep pockets. the down side able the east side is you'll have to use the bridge to get into out town which again will be traffic during rush hour. All in all you just cant beat the traffic here, its a whole job in its self just to try to get to the other side of town lol. So plan 30-45min ahead of schedule you should be good. 

Some parts in West Seattle's good, too should check around California Ave. that place is up and coming good area to be around. 

This. I live in the Alasja Junction and don't think I'll ever move. I'm black too btw if that matters.

Lol calls everybody Big man.

Real cool guy tho

We've talked ab moving to Seattle in the past. My girl wants to go to Law School at UW and we currently live right now in San Diego so I am used to paying the high prices. For those that rent what's yalls rent look like?

Last edited:
I grew up in the South end (Rainier Valley, Rainier Beach, and Skyway) and don't think it's as bad as other locals think. In regards to pricing, I'd recommend Renton as well because you'd get more for a bit less. Hell, I'm not even sleeping on White Center. Light rail is an amazing way to get downtown but the Sounder Train is also a good option to downtown depending how far south/east you go. I work downtown in the Muni Court and everyone from judges to supervisors take either light rail, sounder train, or metro bus.

If you look north of Seattle, there's Shoreline, Mount Lake Terrace, and Edmonds but I'm not as familiar with the north end.

At the end of the day, it's easier to find jobs that pay $30-40/hour (if you have education) and there's no state income tax. I lived in California for the past 13 years before moving back and have no regrets coming back to Seattle so far. Roundtrip flights to the best parts of CA can always be had for less than $200 because Seattle is a hub for Alaska Airlines and Delta.

Last edited:
At the end of the day, it's easier to find jobs that pay $30-40/hour (if you have education) and there's no state income tax. I lived in California for the past 13 years before moving back and have no regrets coming back to Seattle so far. Roundtrip flights to the best parts of CA can always be had for less than $200 because Seattle is a hub for Alaska Airlines and Delta.
I think that's the big thing here is that, a lot of tech kids are moving into the city driving up prices and moving the natives folks down south where its somewhat cheaper. Moving here when you're educated is no problem, but moving here without might be a problem due to some what of high cost of living. Hopefully when i come back I'll at least have my pilots licenses and be able to fly charters until i have enough hours to get into major airliners.

I live on Beacon... Nothing too bad. I walk my dog everyday, and nothing happens to me. lol. I used to live in Leschi, and paid 1250 a month for a 2 bedroom apt.

went to washington to visit my girls fam one year
cant front
they have a trash football team
but i liked seattle
that market place was dope
city was dope
the night life was nice
one of the best club hopping experiences I've ever had
only bad thing was some wack *** fake red lobster place called bahama breeze
I'm still mad i wasted my money there
food was TRASH
me and my girl been thinking of moving there though from cali just cause it so cheap to buy a home

Back
Top Bottom