**Possible promotion to Queenstown, MD. Thoughts/Reviews/Help?**

So DMV NTers...I may be up for a promotion that requires me to move. It would be to Queenstown, MD. So far I've found through google that its 30-40 milesfrom Balt., I would probably live in Annapolis (younger area, more conveniences, etc.), the cost of living is more then Buffalo, NY, and thats about it.

Any comments, suggestions, places to look for apartments, etc? I'm single and going to be 23 soon, if that helps. Thanks.
glasses.gif

Damn, Eastern Shore action. Not really party of the DMV, but in the Free State. The atmosphere would be the same as Buffalo IE: REAL sloooooow. Real rural outthat way. But, at least you have options. 45 mins to DC or Bmore.

there ain't nothing for a single, 23 year old person in queenstown, except for the nike outlet. annapolis is pretty expensive and the commute over the baybridge can be a hassle every day. it isnt that close to baltimore. it isnt that far either. living in this general area my whole life i wouldn't take a jobin an area as unbelievably boring as queenstown unless the pay is substantial. definitely take a visit there before you make a major decision you might regretit site unseen.

Thanks so far guys. Its an awesome career move which is the reasoning for it.

It is right near Queenstown Premium mall so I am not to far off in living in Annapolis correct? Commute that bad? Bars/clubs/sneaker spots in Annapolis?
nerd.gif
Hopefully...

Only problems you'll run into on your commute is evening bridge traffic/ bridge accidents or repairs. It's about a 20-30 min drive.

There are of bars in Annapolis.

A BIG piece of advice since your going to be living around the Bay. MAKE FRIENDS WITH PEOPLE WHO HAVE BOATS/JET SKIS.

It makes living there soooooo much better. My uncle lives on kent island and we have plenty of good times during the summer.

Originally Posted by ASchwartz44

Thanks so far guys. Its an awesome career move which is the reasoning for it.
That's all that is needed to be said.

That's priority.

Hell, I'll move to Montana if that's the case.
laugh.gif

If you're going to have to take the bridge to get to work, I'd try to have "work from home on Fridays" written in to thecontract/agreement. I'd rather be homeless than to go anywhere near the bridge in the summer. lol

^^^
Agreed! If you are set on living in Annapolis (not a bad idea as it is a great town) you should try and work something out to work from home or leave early onFriday's. In the summertime you will sit for hours trying to get over bridge some Fridays.

At the end of the day, if it is a great career move, you should go for it.

If you live in Annapolis you would have to take the Bay Bridge to Queenstown. There is a toll of $2.50 to cross it over to the Eastern Shore. Invest in an E-ZPass. The outlets is what really makes the town. Its nothing there. You can try to find apts in Kent Island which is the last town before you cross the baybridge to Annapolis.

I was speaking in general about the eastern shore. Annapolis is cool, but after that; it's Purdue and Ocean City. Oh and Cambridge if you're a Jay-Zfan. lol

Back
Top Bottom