Possible replacement laces for Air Jordan XI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i been doing some serious searching for replacement laces for my Air Jordan XI.
Ive heard that Fully Laced has some pretty close replacements but it seems they are all out.
I tried Ebay and many other sites but cannot seem to find any....
Ive noticed that most round laces have a 5mm diameter which seems to be the normal round size.
I finally came accross this website which sells 10mm round laces which obviously seem to be a bit thicker than the normal 5mm.
Anyone know what the actual diameter is for the OG XI laces is?
Another thing i noticed is that these replacements only come in a 51" length compared to the actual 54" which i dont think will be such an issue.
Here is the link if anyone wants to check em out.

http://www.superfatlaces.com/mr-lacy-roundies-white-round-shoelaces

BTW, I placed an order. I will update with comparison once received.

if my memory is correct the shoes laces on the xi are a basketball net. sooooo.... head over to your local big 5

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

if my memory is correct the shoes laces on the xi are a basketball net. sooooo.... head over to your local big 5

roll.gif

The laces look slightly different from the XI's and might make your pair look fake.

I got black and white thick rope laces from some guy in the Marketplace on the other site...perfect fit

Im not sure how to update the title with and update so.....

UPDATE: Just received my order and let me tell you, im EXTREMELY satisfied with the way the way these laces look. They look almost identical to the XI laces. I would really recommend you guys checking these out. They also DO NOT say Mr. Lacey on the tips like the picture does. It took about 2 weeks to receive since they are coming from the UK.
I will try to post pics with a comparison as soon as i have the time.
As far as the length goes, My shoes are a sz 9 and i was able to lace them up to the 2nd to last loop and was able to tie them up with no problem.
Hope this helps.

I think 5mm is to small. Need 10mm.
  so after some searching i found laces that are exactly as the ones OP has in his link except for these are a bit longer but are the same diameter (5mm) so heres the link and let me know how it works for you:

I finally came accross this website which sells 10mm round laces which obviously seem to be a bit thicker than the normal 5mm.
Anyone know what the actual diameter is for the OG XI laces is?

The pair of laces that I ordered are actually 10mm, not sure why the site now shows 5mm. But, Yes 10mm is actually the size of round laces you would want.

10 mm is one centimeter, wayyyy too big, im guessing around 6mm is closer and if you dont believe me go get your ruler and look at how thick one centimeter is.

10 mm is one centimeter, wayyyy too big, im guessing around 6mm is closer and if you dont believe me go get your ruler and look at how thick one centimeter is.
  I'm not doubting you one bit, and yes 10mm does seem way to big in diameter. Im not sure how they measure them but 10mm is what the description said and when compared to the real XI laces, the only difference I see is the material. The real laces have a fabric feel to them as compared to the purchased laces have more of a nylon feel to them and look a bit shiny.
Ill be posting pics later for those who want to see once i when i get home.

Originally Posted by kalikid23

I'm not doubting you one bit, and yes 10mm does seem way to big in diameter. Im not sure how they measure them but 10mm is what the description said and when compared to the real XI laces, the only difference I see is the material. The real laces have a fabric feel to them as compared to the purchased laces have more of a nylon feel to them and look a bit shiny.
Ill be posting pics later for those who want to see once i when i get home.

Can you post a picture with the shoe strings in your kicks?

I have the ones from fully laced which are a little smaller but not by much. I Googled round laces and found feetpeople.com they look about the same diameter as the fully laced ones plus you can order different sizes which is good 'cos I like a little more lace too leave my shoes loose. I'll order a pair and get back to you guys when they come in

Originally Posted by outlaw8413

I have the ones from fully laced which are a little smaller but not by much. I Googled round laces and found feetpeople.com they look about the same diameter as the fully laced ones plus you can order different sizes which is good 'cos I like a little more lace too leave my shoes loose. I'll order a pair and get back to you guys when they come in

cool. id like to see how they look like

Originally Posted by rcjbbp1313

im pretty sure you got it all wrong.  10mm sounds about right, you gotta remember that this is "circumference" and you are thinking "diameter."  
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RickJamez

Originally Posted by rcjbbp1313

im pretty sure you got it all wrong.  10mm sounds about right, you gotta remember that this is "circumference" and you are thinking "diameter."  
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
ditto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom