Possible way to prevent / fight yellowing on XI soles?

Before you just reply " Clear soles are going to yellow, stop complaining" please read this idea.
In the thread "CUSTOM ANNIVERSARY 11's" ( http://niketalk.com/topic/251198/CUSTOM-SLIVER-ANNIVERSARY-11-s ) , sthebest simply just dyed his ALREADY CLEAR soles blue.  I've been told if you were to dye ALREADY YELLOWED soles blue, they would turn green.  Makes sense.  What would happen if you dyed already yellowed soles white?  Would they turn clear?  Would you be able to avoid the whole long seaglow process?  Once dyed white / clear, would you be able to dye them blue?  I have a pair of 00' concords that i would do this to if i was sure it worked.  Has anyone thought of doing this / did this before?  Sounds like it could work .
nerd.gif

Before you just reply " Clear soles are going to yellow, stop complaining" please read this idea.
In the thread "CUSTOM ANNIVERSARY 11's" ( http://niketalk.com/topic/251198/CUSTOM-SLIVER-ANNIVERSARY-11-s ) , sthebest simply just dyed his ALREADY CLEAR soles blue.  I've been told if you were to dye ALREADY YELLOWED soles blue, they would turn green.  Makes sense.  What would happen if you dyed already yellowed soles white?  Would they turn clear?  Would you be able to avoid the whole long seaglow process?  Once dyed white / clear, would you be able to dye them blue?  I have a pair of 00' concords that i would do this to if i was sure it worked.  Has anyone thought of doing this / did this before?  Sounds like it could work .
nerd.gif

i could be totally wrong, but i think the soles on the XIs are clear, not white. so dying them white would turn them white, not clear and icy like they originally were.
ohwell.gif

i could be totally wrong, but i think the soles on the XIs are clear, not white. so dying them white would turn them white, not clear and icy like they originally were.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by dts939

ohwell.gif
I thought of this, but can really see the white dye turning the rubber soles white 
eek.gif

Originally Posted by dts939

ohwell.gif
I thought of this, but can really see the white dye turning the rubber soles white 
eek.gif

Dying your soles white would give them that milky appearance like

alot of people may have seen on the fake foamposites floating

around the internet lately! NOT A GOOD LOOK.

I've dyed my yellowed soles blue and they did not turn green at all.

They look icey blue and IMO extended the life of my space jams.

To each his own, but I would prefer the icey look over the piss yellow.

Dying your soles white would give them that milky appearance like

alot of people may have seen on the fake foamposites floating

around the internet lately! NOT A GOOD LOOK.

I've dyed my yellowed soles blue and they did not turn green at all.

They look icey blue and IMO extended the life of my space jams.

To each his own, but I would prefer the icey look over the piss yellow.

Back
Top Bottom