Post Draft Thread?

So let me get this straight Ricky Rubio at 17 plays in the best pro league not named the NBA, his passing getscompared to Maravich, Bird, and Nash, goes to the Olympics and goes against Jason Kidd, Chris Paul and Deron Williams with a broken wrist and holds his own. And Kings don't pick himbased a workout vs a chair?

EVERYBODY should be fired for that.
indifferent.gif

-Marc Gasol's own mother doesn't think he can guard NBA power forwards, they turned Pau Gasol into anover sized fatter version who can't gaurd mobile bigs.
laugh.gif

-If Minny ruins Rubio by not letting him control the offense I will be so pissed.
smh.gif

- Watch Don Nelson ruin Stephan Currys career.

- Brandon Jennings is a funny guy coming in after ditching the event just to get the attention all WWF style an!#$$, I thought I was going to here glass shattering like it was stone cold.
roll.gif

- i hate terms like "winner" Tyler Hansborugh is going to win, teams win Tyler aint no luckycharm.

- Dickie V used charisma as a reason why Stephan Curry will be ROY, dude is senile.

Draft Grades?
Who will win rookie of the year?
Who will end up the top 10 players in this draft.
Worst pick?

^Too cluttered. But I think Evans is a good pick. Petrie must have seen something we didn't so whatever.

Evans
Martin
Nocioni
JT
Hawes.

That's a nice group to build around
pimp.gif

ROY = Tyreke Evans or Blake Griffin

Worst pick? Wolves combo of picking 3 PGs.

Mavericks...

Almost sent me into cardiac arrest when they took Mullens...
laugh.gif

Beaubois was supposedly a guy they LOVED in workouts, so we'll see... They say he's coming straight over to the active roster, so we won't have towait on him...

They were apparently heavily considering Calathes at 24, so having Minnesota pick him for you in Round 2 looks like a good move...

Could have been better, could have been worse... Can't complain too much...

- you got to think Gasol will never guard the other teams best post player tho, if you think Thabeet will be a Defense beast then he will proably guard heother teams best post player

-T'wolves get a F

-like what the spurs did

-shut the haters up BJ

-this draft was weak

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

- you got to think Gasol will never guard the other teams best post player tho, if you think Thabeet will be a Defense beast then he will proably guard he other teams best post player
Not you don't you wan't him free to roam around and block shots, and after watching Dujaun Blair son him like he did I don't think youwan't to put him on an island with a great post player.

People are really overreacting with Minnesota...

When you're rebuilding, take the best talents available at your slots and sort it out later... They went BPA with Flynn and Rubio at 5 and 6, anddidn't reach on a lesser talent like DeRozan or Terrence Williams just for the sake of logjam issues... They didn't need Jordan Hill. Curry would havebeen a worse fit with Rubio than some of yall apparently think Flynn is...

They traded Lawson for a future first rounder, in what they're obviously hoping will be a stronger draft... They traded Calathes for futureconsiderations...

I don't get how they did poorly...

Originally Posted by TheAndrea3000

- Watch Don Nelson ruin Stephan Currys career.

How could he possibly do that? By telling him not to shoot? He will play and he will get the green light to shoot and that will be that. It's bigs who Nellie ruins.

Originally Posted by Gregory House

^Too cluttered. But I think Evans is a good pick. Petrie must have seen something we didn't so whatever.

Evans
Martin
Nocioni
JT
Hawes.

That's a nice group to build around
pimp.gif

Couldnt disagree any stronger. This is an AWFUL NBA team. Do you really think even if every player that you listed reaches their potential, that this could bea winning team? I dont.

Curry would have been a worse fit with Rubio than some of yall apparently think Flynn is

how so? rubio and flynn have never played off the ball Curry has(now i wouldnt have taken curry either im just saying)

i mean you draft Rubio and Flynn then take a SG later? come on now this is just stupid at this point. they have 4 1st round picks they could of reach forDeRozan or Williams and wouldnt have got killed for it

The more I read of this kid Beverley, the more I like! My hometown bias was hoping for McClinton but I trust Riles & Co. I hopeDozier pans out also

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

how so? rubio and flynn have never played off the ball Curry has(now i wouldnt have taken curry either im just saying)

i mean you draft Rubio and Flynn then take a SG later? come on now this is just stupid at this point. they have 4 1st round picks they could of reach for DeRozan or Williams and wouldnt have got killed for it
I'm not convinced Curry will be able to guard ANYBODY on the next level. If you're playing Rubio and Curry together, you're probablygetting torched, badly, at two positions because you'll have to shift Rubio over to defend the shooting guard... At least with Flynn you make up for someof Rubio getting burnt by shooting guards with Flynn locking down other PGs...

Reaching for talent is NOT how bad teams get better. Not in football, not in baseball, and not in basketball... It's just not. When you're that bad,take the most talented player and sort it all out later...

What shooting guard could they have drafted at 18 that even really has a chance to be a starter? The next three picks after 18 were all point guards... Thenext shooting guard off the board wasn't until Wayne Ellington, who they got at 28...

Originally Posted by heat23

The more I read of this kid Beverley, the more I like! My hometown bias was hoping for McClinton but I trust Riles & Co. I hope Dozier pans out also
Heat, you were rooting for the Lakeshow to win it all - and that's how we pay you guys back. Karma homie
laugh.gif

Btw, after Minn took Rubio, I was looking at their roster and saying damn they need a shooter ... Curry would be a perfect pickup right here. Having Rubio /Curry / Gomes / Love / Al Jeff ... but then they picked up Flynn
laugh.gif

*Also Rubio / Curry would put people in the seats, no doubt about it.

Originally Posted by brighter than you

Originally Posted by heat23

The more I read of this kid Beverley, the more I like! My hometown bias was hoping for McClinton but I trust Riles & Co. I hope Dozier pans out also
Heat, you were rooting for the Lakeshow to win it all - and that's how we pay you guys back. Karma homie
laugh.gif

Btw, after Minn took Rubio, I was looking at their roster and saying damn they need a shooter ... Curry would be a perfect pickup right here. Having Rubio / Curry / Gomes / Love / Al Jeff ... but then they picked up Flynn
laugh.gif

*Also Rubio / Curry would put people in the seats, no doubt about it.

pimp.gif

Ru and Cur would have been nasty......If the coach can make it work

Back
Top Bottom