Post "humble brags" you see on your FB or Twitter

Originally Posted by Executive76

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Originally Posted by toast1985

I can't front, I check-in whenever I'm out of the state.

I hope you meant States
You're not even doing it, unless you leave the country
laugh.gif
Nah son checking in at Grandma's house over Thanksgiving Break
pimp.gif

Surprised some chick hasn't gotten kidnapped or w/e because of that checkin crap

Grandma's stuffing > *Wouldn't make sense to check in at a closed in location, but something rather huge like union sq. Or time sq. Isnt too bad.

Theres a hs friend thats always making statuses. I've only seen one that wasn't talking about how blessed she is in life because she gets expensive gifts all the time, how rich she is, how beautiful she is, how God loves her more than other people because she was given a paid off BMW... it goes on and on.

If good things happen to you I'm happy for you, but why do you have to talk about it ALLL the time?

nah. when a girl checks you in when you don't want people to know about you to

or when a friend checks you in after you told someone else you couldn't hang out iwth them

Originally Posted by SanchezOnFire

If good things happen to you I'm happy for you, but why do you have to talk about it ALLL the time?

cuz yous a H8er 
Spoiler [+]
j/k this is why i deleted fb, i think they are really trying to convince themselves by thinking that it makes others jealous of their "situation"

my mom abuses the check in thing, we were flying to miami, and she checked us in at dc airport, philly airport during the stopover (
indifferent.gif
) miami airport, then ritz carlton miami.. then every resturaunt we went to. i had to tell her to stop #+*@%%@ checking me in cause i felt like a dbag lol

pretty sure, I'm falling in love with a jazzie who is happy with her current bf...Her eloquence & elegance are so evident, told her I hope he ain't permanent, she said he's really good. Tell me why I reply, "ya but I'm excellent!" Bahahahaha, she just smiled. I know she is feeling my arrogance (even if she had no hands). Might just have to pull out ALL the stops for this one...Muy X3 serio

It feels good to have a jazzie take you out to dinner, then to a wine bar, order 2 bottles of wine (kung fu & cake batter reesing), the tab being more than 2 hundies & have her say, "nah babe, put yo wallet up, I got this one...."

got a call from an X talking about a reconcile but after she stomped on my heart like broken tile & ran away like a 3 mile, I thought we were dead like an infant in Africa with W. Nile. So hungover from love & what not, what makes you think I would ever take another shot. After our break up, like amonia, I couldnt stomach that. A couple years have past & now she a running back...

all from same dude,

I hate people who throw subliminals through fb.
This one chick thinks she's all that because she's manager in training at a rack room shoes decided  she wanted to throw a subliminal at my long time friend/ good friends girlfriend.

She put "I don't understand why someone would leave a beautiful smart girl for a ugly #%#" referring to her and my boy because he left his long time gf for her.

Funny thing is she's fat and ugly, and an even bigger #%# than she was, we call her "Homey Demolisher"

yeah ive always said the whole check in thing was wack. like how you in the spot tweeting about how you in the spot?

pictures are thee worst tho, the staged backgrounds lol

picture could be of a hang nail. how the hell you just happen to fit a luxury wallet & belt, shopping bags, car keys, iphone and flat screen in the pic my g.

when a girl posts a picture of themselves that they took, and they think they can get away with it by adding some stupid quote followed by a heart.

Spoiler [+]
4fuxy8.gif

I got a buddy that checks in to his place on foursquare I believe. Im not sure if he realizes his address is there for his 900 friends to see.

Originally Posted by The Fresh Sole

pretty sure, I'm falling in love with a jazzie who is happy with her current bf...Her eloquence & elegance are so evident, told her I hope he ain't permanent, she said he's really good. Tell me why I reply, "ya but I'm excellent!" Bahahahaha, she just smiled. I know she is feeling my arrogance (even if she had no hands). Might just have to pull out ALL the stops for this one...Muy X3 serio

It feels good to have a jazzie take you out to dinner, then to a wine bar, order 2 bottles of wine (kung fu & cake batter reesing), the tab being more than 2 hundies & have her say, "nah babe, put yo wallet up, I got this one...."

got a call from an X talking about a reconcile but after she stomped on my heart like broken tile & ran away like a 3 mile, I thought we were dead like an infant in Africa with W. Nile. So hungover from love & what not, what makes you think I would ever take another shot. After our break up, like amonia, I couldnt stomach that. A couple years have past & now she a running back...

all from same dude,
Was this twitter?

Sometimes I think ppl dont have friends, why tell the internet all this crap
four page letters:smh:

Originally Posted by ErickM713

I hate people who throw subliminals through fb.
This one chick thinks she's all that because she's manager in training at a rack room shoes decided  she wanted to throw a subliminal at my long time friend/ good friends girlfriend.

She put "I don't understand why someone would leave a beautiful smart girl for a ugly #%#" referring to her and my boy because he left his long time gf for her.

Funny thing is she's fat and ugly, and an even bigger #%# than she was, we call her "Homey Demolisher"

I never understood why females made statements like that, if your dude left you for another chick lol, thats not something you tell the world. you keep that to yourself

I get the babies momma's posting constantly boasting how they don't need there dead beat dad.

And I get the typical, I have the best boyfriend. And yes I've seen this, "All you guys should be like my boyfriend" And the dude is a scrub that never shaves and never sees the sun

Originally Posted by LieutenantDan93

when a girl posts a picture of themselves that they took, and they think they can get away with it by adding some stupid quote followed by a heart.

Spoiler [+]
4fuxy8.gif

word, like %!*** you 23, i think its time to stop 'picniking' photos.  the moment was not that precious
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by StonedFace

"Yellow cake cupcakes with milk chocolate frosting!"

This girl is pushin 250+ only 5'3
30t6p3b.gif
when lightweight chubby girls say "going to *insert restaurant here* to get fat"
mad.gif
 or post a foul looking dish captioned "wifey material" 
sick.gif

p.s. i hate fat people

‎"You're a nurse?! That's cool...I wanted to do that when I was a kid. What do you make?"
-"WHAT DO I MAKE?? ... I make holding your hand seem like the most important thing in the world when you're scared. I can make your child breathe when they stop. I can help your father survive a heart attack. I make myself get out of bed at 5am to make sure your mother has the medicine she needs to live. ...I work all day to save the lives of strangers. I make my family wait for dinner until I know your family member is taken care of. I make myself skip lunch so that I can make sure that everything I did for your husband today is charted. I make myself work weekends and holidays because people don't just get sick Monday through Friday from 9-5. Today, I might save your life. I make a difference. What do you make?"

SPAM ALL OVER MY DAMN FACEBOOK

Originally Posted by 504 D1 Prospect

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

Originally Posted by Mexcellence

Check ins.. most obnoxious humble brag..

Word

Especially when they check in at the gym or at some bar or club. Like why the hell are you on FB? You should be enjoying where you are
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

No I am not mad

I always say people who do this aren't having fun, they're just fronting to their friends. There has never been a time where I have had fun in a social setting on my phone.
You guys know thats the entire sole purpose of Gowalla and Foursquare right? To socially connect with your friends through checking in at locations?
Checking in and the topic of this thread are two completely different spectrum's. 

check ins are definitely bad, but the worst are the people who constantly talk about how much they drink/party. this one girl updates her status like 10 times a day, always something about drinking, being hungover, or being a skank
30t6p3b.gif

This is hilarious no lie, I just finished a 7 page paper about why I think Facebook is annoying.

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

The ones that get me are when they talk about how excited they are about doing some regular @@*$... add mad smiley faces to the end for emphasis etc.

Only people who have flatlined/been resuscitated should be that ecstatic about something so regular... You need to chill!

Example... "Going shopping!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
"

Now if i caught said person out in town shopping they would have no such expression on there face. Instead they got the plain face on cause all they have copped is some base layer tees and some draws. $%%# outta here
laugh.gif

All of this relates to rampant narcissism.

The internet has only amplified this.

From what i've seen, those who live their lives on FB...don't have lives

They emulate the lives of those allow them to live on social networking sites

Back
Top Bottom