POST MALONE APPRECIATION

An obvious plant is an obvious plant. Most people in here have given credit that he's made some pretty good music. But a poser is a poser. It wasn't too long ago he was "giving up rap" and heading back to his country/techno stuff after siphoning money from rap. Now he's back with an album with a handful of rappers on it. People have said the same about Travis Scott, Drake, and Asap Rocky.

The same way how it wasn't that long ago that people were still spewing this negativity in his direction. God forbid a 21 year old kid makes an impulsive decision or speaks before thinking. :lol: :smh:

Rap is so critical that it defeats itself time and time again. The originators wanted to express themselves and used that expression to convey their thoughts and opinions to other groups of people. Hip hop/rap was a voice of the people that was successfully heard by others. Now other people have shown appreciation for the culture to the point where they attempt inclusion, as it's been and influencer in their lives... and they're immediately labeled vultures. Meanwhile, the majority of people who aren't being labeled "vultures" are the ones who see this as a lane in which they can make a fast buck and do so without having any respect for "the culture". We give them a pass for that ******** behavior since thev've got the correct skin tone... but that stuff isn't right.

Ya but that's how the culture is raised and it's cheered on

The vulture talk is different tho, cuz dudes like Drake swear ppl be stealing flows and he's the biggest leech in the game.

In other words its the fans stupidity & blind acceptance to blame for the creation of Post Malone & other vultures?

Where theres a crowd, theres always a bunch of ppl easy to manipulate

Not sure if that question was intended for me.

But my point is the term culture vulture is tossed around too loosely. There are more prevalent cases that could be considered CV than a white kid from Dallas.

But my point is the term culture vulture is tossed around too loosely. There are more prevalent cases that could be considered CV than a white kid from Dallas.

It was really just a general question. Tbh i could barely tell you were defending him lol

I do think Post Malone is the complete definition of a culture vulture & even more so an industry plant

But at this point, its whatever

The term ain't thrown around enough to me and rap should be critical and give certain people the stiff arm when it's warranted. It's white and black vultures. The Yachty's and Uzi's get called out to.

And this Post Malone dude is a obvious plant/vulture. :lol:

Took his guitar to the pawnshop and left with a gold grill, switched up the country two step for the dab 
mean.gif

Culture vulture is tossed around too loosely, Post Malone is the perfect case for the term culture vulture not to mention his manager is lyor cohen seed

like seriously 

Last edited:
On one hand...

He very well could be a culture vulture

But on the other, what if that ***** just likes slugs and braids?

I'd really only consider him a culture vulture if he was out here rapping about hood **** but bruh is literally trying to be a pop star. He separated himself from the XXL List to not take up a spot and his album features virtually no straight up rapping.

Society wants to put people in categories so bad.

I can't co-sign golds and braids being something that only blacks can rock otherwise there are negative intentions. It would be different if he changed up his origins, the way he talked, etc. but dude will certainly admit that he used to be and still is a weird/geek/whatever and just likes the braids and golds.

I guess we'll see in a few years if he still is rocking the golds but IDK. That's corny to me to say, you can't like this because you're white. That's the same mentality as saying a black kid can't like traditionally "white" stuff like skateboarding, rock music*, etc.

*I'm well aware of the origins of rock music because I know one of you fake *** Huey Newton ****** were about to go there but you get what I'm saying. What's the line between being a culture vulture and everyone just sticking to what traditionally has been of their race?

It's always a ***** apologizing for these crackers. **** is hilarious really 
laugh.gif
. Guarantee you if 21 Savage wanted to become one of the Jonas Brothers and went got his hair slicked back, and started dressing like Ryan Gosling...I guarantee there wouldn't be a bunch of pie *** white boys trying to explain to you why "maybe that's just what 21 likes". 

It's documented that he was on punk indie ****. That ***** was making fruity *** videos in booty shorts to some weird *** elevator music. The braids and fronts to go with his "image" was contrived. 

If that's being Huey Newton...I'll be that over whatever you ****** consider yourselves to be.

It's always a ***** apologizing for these folks. **** is hilarious really 
laugh.gif
. Guarantee you if 21 Savage wanted to become one of the Jonas Brothers and went got his hair slicked back, and started dressing like Ryan Gosling...I guarantee there wouldn't be a bunch of pie *** white boys trying to explain to you why "maybe that's just what 21 likes". 

It's documented that he was on punk indie ****. That ***** was making fruity *** videos in booty shorts to some weird *** elevator music. The braids and fronts to go with his "image" was contrived. 

If that's being Huey Newton...I'll be that over whatever you ****** consider yourselves to be.
It's never that serious bra edit that before they make you get a new SN again.

You also have to realize that people can naturally just be trendy or change.

Do you dress exactly the same as you did 2-4 years ago?

As a whole cornrows and golds weren't really trendy items for my generation until A$AP Rocky. 

As a whole the game was on diamonds in their mouth and ****. In the south they were still huge but don't play dumb like those two weren't things that recently had an overall resurgence. Braids were played out by the mid-late 2000's.

Is this ***** trying to vulture your culture or is he just being trendy?

He's still making indie pop...added a post Rocky rap aesthetic because that's what sells and is trendy right now and has been for the majority of the decade. This isn't Slim Jesus who is making drill music but grew up in Bubble****, Wisconsin.

That being said, I'll gladly concede to him being a culture vulture if we come back to this post in 2017-2019 and he comes out of nowhere looking like Adam Levine or some ****.

Like flesh said.......whT if he likes braids and gold teeth?

To blacks its not ok. Thats ****** stupid.

Im brown and i know white boys thag PUT IN WORK to earn them gold slugs, and i also know some white boys that get money and EARNED them gold slugs.

I cant stand when people say culture vulture off materialistic ****. It aint like homeboy talmbout some dope ****.

Ohhh your skin color is nit enough for you to have a certain swag. Musics good but since your not my color your music is weak and your swagger jackin.

Backwards ***, hypocrite ***, double standard *** ****.

Last edited:
Like flesh said.......whT if he likes braids and gold teeth?

To blacks its not ok. Thats ****** stupid.

Im brown and i know white boys thag PUT IN WORK to earn them gold slugs, and i also know some white boys that get money and EARNED them gold slugs.

I cant stand when people say culture vulture off materialistic ****. It aint like homeboy talmbout some dope ****.

Ohhh your skin color is nit enough for you to have a certain swag. Musics good but since your not my color your music is weak and your swagger jackin.

Backwards ***, hypocrite ***, double standard *** ****.
This is funny cause you and Flesh are the only ones making it about his skin color. You notice how no one ever calls or has called paul wall a culture vulture? Same with the alchemist.

I like how you tried to dumb the whole thing down to a white boy with a gold grill, that was good.

Last edited:
So how is he a culture vulture? Cuz he makes good music and happens to rock a grill and braids while being versatile and able to chase money in different avenues like rap country and folk?

He don't make good music. :lol:

Some of y'all are just ok with clowns and vultures. We get it.

It seems like y'alls only argument is that you don't like that he seems to be an artist that doesn't take hip hop serious and you don't like his music. When he's really not even trying to be a hip hop artist :lol:

Is Logic a culture vulture if he puts some golds in? Is Macklemore? Is Eminem? Is Paul Wall? Is Alchemist? Is Mike Dean? Is Rick Rubin?

Does it depend on whether or not that person grew up in the suburbs?

What solidifies one to be of the culture to rock gold teeth?

Get mad about real **** not ******* gold teeth.

Last edited:
Once again you're not making sense. You keep bringing up white artists who have actually added to Hip Hop to cape for your man. Not one time did I mention his gold teeth. You just typing anything to defend your man. We're calling him out for being a vulture that was made in a studio. It's way more then his gold teeth that makes him a clown. He's biting what's popular, he ain't write the song that made him hot, he was just doing country or whatever then switched to Hip Hop, the cornrows.

But we understand you don't really **** Hip Hop Flesh. These are your type of rappers. :lol:

Last edited:
Rap is the easiest genre to capture instant attention in.

While Post may not consider himself a rapper (I sure as hell don't), he is benefiting by using an image and avenues catered for rap audiences to build his buzz and fame. 

If he wants to fuse country, folk and rap in a pot and deliver his music that's cool. I'm all for innovation by iteration; but when you're not actually the one coming up with the vision and your whole sound was created by FKi , why is he getting a pass? 

Cause he was created to appeal to Justin Bieber's audience, who don't care about the history of braids and grills. They wanna feel cool in their comfort zone and a white guy appropriating black fashion allows them just that. 

Ya stay getting mad at Flesh Prince for not respecting the culture but it's bigger than just him, many young'ns feel the same way he does.

Unfortunately hip hop culture was sold out for a check a long time ago.

Culture vulture is tossed around too loosely, Post Malone is the perfect case for the term culture vulture not to mention his manager is lyor cohen seed

like seriously 

View media item 2269825
View media item 2269827

"b b b but, wh wh what if this is just him g g growing into his own :wow:???" :rofl: :rofl:

It's always a ***** apologizing for these crackers. **** is hilarious really :lol: . Guarantee you if 21 Savage wanted to become one of the Jonas Brothers and went got his hair slicked back, and started dressing like Ryan Gosling...I guarantee there wouldn't be a bunch of pie *** white boys trying to explain to you why "maybe that's just what 21 likes". 

The funny thing is, he wouldn't. Hip-hop is the most critical of this, i.e. Flo-Rida Waka, Pitbull even the Weeknd to a certain degree.

Last edited:
Tumblr + Troll + OVO sound + Watered down "Trap". This is the formula Post Malone used. He had a very keen sense of how this would be successful.

This type of rap is taking over the youth right now. Everybody sounds and looks exactly the same. What you have now is the Black Suburban dudes tapping into this. Lil Yachty, Lil Uzi, Rich da kid, Famous Dex, Trill Sammy, Playboi Carti, Travis Scott, Dice Soho, Ian Conner. These are some of the "Hottest" dudes bubbling right now.

View media item 2070300
View media item 2070301
View media item 2070302

View media item 2070303
View media item 2070304
View media item 2070308
View media item 2070309
View media item 2070310

Then Post Malone sees this....and runs with it.

View media item 2070311
All these lor ****** unoriginal and vultures :lol:.

To quote my post from months ago.......

That song with Bieber is pretty good though. I can't front.

His songs are pretty good, but don't care for his image because I just don't buy it.

Also I wouldn't put Trav in the same group as those other "rappers".

His songs are pretty good, but don't care for his image because I just don't buy it.

Also I wouldn't put Trav in the same group as those other "rappers".

Travis is absolutely in that group.

These ***** are so bad....they make Travis Scott seem somewhat "original" :lol:.

I will say...Uzi has found his own distinct sound/lane.

Back
Top Bottom