Post pics of HIGH-END DESIGNER CLOTHING (pics)...............

242009113543pmwy4.jpg

I'm not going to continue the quoting spree, but dmbrhs hit the nail on the head.I've resisted posting my stuff in this thread, because I feel like many people in here (not all) are just attempting to articulate their bank accounts (orwhat they wish their bank accounts looked like) through labels and have no true appreciation for fashion.

If this thread were really about fashion and not branding, ever other item posted wouldn't be an accessory from Gucci, LV or Prada. I think I've saidthis once before in this thread a long time ago, and I'll say it again: accessories are the way in which well known fashion houses generate the majority oftheir profits. They involve little design, little construction and can be marked up 300% instead of 50% without 99% of consumers realizing.

I definitely have a passion for well constructed and designed clothing--so much so that I spent the better part of 2 years of my life getting a menswearfashion design degree--but this this thread doesn't seem to be about that.

Although I do own some clothing from some well known labels--Dior and Paul Smith to name two--most of the fashion that truly inspires me is Japanese.

I'd take a piece of clothing from Undercover over something from Gucci any day. That's just my aesthetic.

Also, I agree with [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Jersey[/color]. Formal wear is not necessarily better than "streetwear."It's really about what is put into an individual garment, collection or fashion line that matters. Although I will say that there is something very specialabout a beautifully constructed suit.

most of the fashion that truly inspires me is Japanese.
For a while now I've been feeling this, mainly because of the people I'm around that've shown, educated and opened me up to otherthings. If all goes well I'll be visiting there by the end of the year.

Does anyone know anything about the new Burberry Polos?

I have some i purchased like 6 months ago and they fit like tents.

I have sz S and im 5'11 160lb and i cant wear them cause they are so big.

I heard they scrappe the slim fit line and made all new pique polos slim fit. is this true?

i want to buy a long sleeve burburry pique polo but slim fit

Originally Posted by lilfazzl

Does anyone know anything about the new Burberry Polos?

I have some i purchased like 6 months ago and they fit like tents.

I have sz S and im 5'11 160lb and i cant wear them cause they are so big.

I heard they scrappe the slim fit line and made all new pique polos slim fit. is this true?

i want to buy a long sleeve burburry pique polo but slim fit
Burberry has two styles of their traditional polos, classic fit and trim (or slim, whatever they're calling it these days) fit. The tag on theneck will tell you. You just have to find them.

Jvhoop2 so high end designer accessories are not to be liked? Only subtle high end fashion? Designer kicks, belts, beanies, big logo crews/hoodies only forpeople who don't appreciate fashion and want to show off bank accounts (or lack of)?

lol. I'm a 23 year old black dude who likes niketalk and rap music. I dont care to get my "Devils Wears Prada" steez goin on. Yes I wantbranding. I've seen a lot of cats my age want the branding and the logos also. Ill let the uppity nt fashionistas agree with your opinion though.

Hermes dont play - got celebs tryna make friends with SAs and get on lists for new drops like we do for LV
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jvhoop22

I'm not going to continue the quoting spree, but dmbrhs hit the nail on the head. I've resisted posting my stuff in this thread, because I feel like many people in here (not all) are just attempting to articulate their bank accounts (or what they wish their bank accounts looked like) through labels and have no true appreciation for fashion.

If this thread were really about fashion and not branding, ever other item posted wouldn't be an accessory from Gucci, LV or Prada. I think I've said this once before in this thread a long time ago, and I'll say it again: accessories are the way in which well known fashion houses generate the majority of their profits. They involve little design, little construction and can be marked up 300% instead of 50% without 99% of consumers realizing.

I definitely have a passion for well constructed and designed clothing--so much so that I spent the better part of 2 years of my life getting a menswear fashion design degree--but this this thread doesn't seem to be about that.

Although I do own some clothing from some well known labels--Dior and Paul Smith to name two--most of the fashion that truly inspires me is Japanese.

I'd take a piece of clothing from Undercover over something from Gucci any day. That's just my aesthetic.

Also, I agree with [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Jersey[/color]. Formal wear is not necessarily better than "streetwear." It's really about what is put into an individual garment, collection or fashion line that matters. Although I will say that there is something very special about a beautifully constructed suit.

internet elitism at its best. Too good to participate, just like to complain. Post pics and contribute to the thread, maybe put someone on to these awesomelabels no one has ever heard of.
The accessories make money but what does that really matter (the money side) to the consumer. Its a nice product and represents a piece of the brand to thatperso. They know its a nice markup obviously considering that a plain cotton tee LV or Gucci sells is 5 for 20 at Footlocker.

Of course there is a element of stunting, subtle (like yourself) while many others like to go loud,something at every label for everyone. Live and let live.But contribute and just have some internet fun.

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

Jvhoop2 so high end designer accessories are not to be liked? Only subtle high end fashion? Designer kicks, belts, beanies, big logo crews/hoodies only for people who don't appreciate fashion and want to show off bank accounts (or lack of)?

lol. I'm a 23 year old black dude who likes niketalk and rap music. I dont care to get my "Devils Wears Prada" steez goin on. Yes I want branding. I've seen a lot of cats my age want the branding and the logos also. Ill let the uppity nt fashionistas agree with your opinion though.

You're point being? I'm a 23 year old Jewish dude who likes niketalk and rap music. What does that have anything to do with this conversation? I alsoknow 23 year old black dudes who like kicks and rap music and share similar fashion aesthetics with me, but none of this is relevant to the actual discussion.

I never said I dress as if I'd walked out of "The Devil Wears Prada." I merely stated that most of the people in this thread appear to be wrappedaround the fingertips of a few major labels--and aren't even buying what I would consider to be worthwhile purchases from these brands. I never said"designer kicks, belts, beanies, big logo crews/hoodies" weren't "high end" fashion. I explained that designers mark up accessoriesmore than something such as outerwear. I do own some "designer" accessories, but for the most part, I think money is better spent on items thatactually involve enough design and construction to justify their price.

As soon as you typed the words "Yes I want branding," you admitted that this isn't fully about quality fashion for you--it's about showingthat you have the money to wear these brands. It takes 5 minutes to take an archived graphic and screenprint it on a cut and sew cotton hoody. That isn'tthe definition of the heights of fashion for me. Again, I'm not saying there is anything wrong with owning some branded pieces here and there, but owningnothing but branded pieces seems excessive and tacky.

Originally Posted by tmukg21

internet elitism at its best. Too good to participate, just like to complain. Post pics and contribute to the thread, maybe put someone on to these awesome labels no one has ever heard of.
The accessories make money but what does that really matter (the money side) to the consumer. Its a nice product and represents a piece of the brand to that perso. They know its a nice markup obviously considering that a plain cotton tee LV or Gucci sells is 5 for 20 at Footlocker.

Of course there is a element of stunting, subtle (like yourself) while many others like to go loud,something at every label for everyone. Live and let live. But contribute and just have some internet fun.

no need to make a point.

this guy already did.

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

Jvhoop2 so high end designer accessories are not to be liked? Only subtle high end fashion? Designer kicks, belts, beanies, big logo crews/hoodies only for people who don't appreciate fashion and want to show off bank accounts (or lack of)?

lol. I'm a 23 year old black dude who likes niketalk and rap music. I dont care to get my "Devils Wears Prada" steez goin on. Yes I want branding. I've seen a lot of cats my age want the branding and the logos also. Ill let the uppity nt fashionistas agree with your opinion though.

You're point being? I'm a 23 year old Jewish dude who likes niketalk and rap music. What does that have anything to do with this conversation? I also know 23 year old black dudes who like kicks and rap music and share similar fashion aesthetics with me, but none of this is relevant to the actual discussion.

I never said I dress as if I'd walked out of "The Devil Wears Prada." I merely stated that most of the people in this thread appear to be wrapped around the fingertips of a few major labels--and aren't even buying what I would consider to be worthwhile purchases from these brands. I never said "designer kicks, belts, beanies, big logo crews/hoodies" weren't "high end" fashion. I explained that designers mark up accessories more than something such as outerwear. I do own some "designer" accessories, but for the most part, I think money is better spent on items that actually involve enough design and construction to justify their price.

As soon as you typed the words "Yes I want branding," you admitted that this isn't fully about quality fashion for you--it's about showing that you have the money to wear these brands. It takes 5 minutes to take an archived graphic and screenprint it on a cut and sew cotton hoody. That isn't the definition of the heights of fashion for me. Again, I'm not saying there is anything wrong with owning some branded pieces here and there, but owning nothing but branded pieces seems excessive and tacky.

I'm just curious, what brands do you believe are worth the price in quality?

"High Fashion" cannot be, for the most part, reasonably priced when in retail. Or course, it is all subjective to the consumer. However, do you thinka $5,000 Brioni suit is worth the price? Do you think a $580 Alden Cordovan boots are worth the quality? When the price goes up to ridiculous amounts, it isreally difficult to define what quality really is or how it's "worth" is established. Now, you may say formalwear isn't your thing and such,but it is to prove a point. Here on NT, the suit and boots aren't worth it and people would think you're crazy to pay for that, while in other parts ofthe world, they find it just right and well worth and above it. I mean a few years ago, people though paying $300-$400 in Bapes are crazy and those are realbad quality compared to Gucci and Prada of today.

I think one thing in this whole thread is being overlooked . . . the title says: "HIGH END DESIGNER CLOTHING," the word designer pretty much defineswhat is posted here. So don't be surprised.
If this were a "HIGH FASHION CLOTHING THREAD" then I would make sense to post a nice cardigan from Burberry Prorsum or a Tom Ford suit. However, someof you guys do nto even consider that high fashion, so again my question, what is considered high fashion these days that are worth it's retail price?

RFX45,

First of all, I'd like to say that you're one of the few people I've seen post some other brands that I appreciate. The definition of "highend" to me is malleable, but if we are going with the tighter definition then it would consist of designers such as Gucci, LV, Prada and Dior, but alsobrands such as Paul Smith, Undercover, Vivienne Westwood, Thom Browne, John Galliano, Marc Jacobs, etc. (excluding all of the aforementioned brands'diffusion lines). In my personal opinion, however, I often look for design and craftsmanship, so brands like Izreel, Low Hurtz, Maharishi (not dpmhi),Neighborhood, Visvim, Evisu are high end--they're just high end streetwear. A brand like Marie Francois Girbaud (not the mass produced diffusion line forthe uninformed) is a good example of this. There is no question it's a designer line, but they produce more street-style garments instead of formalwear.

I'm currently uploading some pics I just spent way too much time taking; some pieces are on the fringe (such as Wings and Horns), but I figured I'd mixthings up a little.

I have more stuff, but this was tiring enough. Hopefully, some of you guys appreciate these types of designs/designers.

Outerwear:

02DERIV

Low Hurtz

Wings + Horns

APC

Neighborhood

Suits:

Dior

Paul Smith

Woven Shirts:

Neighborhood

Visvim

Nom De Guerre

Nom De Guerre

Undercover

Paul Smith (+ 2 Paul Smith wallets)

Knits:

Izreel

Neigborhood

Maharishi

Pure Blue Japan

Undercover

Denim:

Studio D'Artisan

Nom De Guerre

Marc Jacobs

Sugarcane

Marie Francois Girbaud

Evisu

Accessories

Gloves (APC), Scarf (Sergeant Salute), Hat (Full Count), Key Chain (Izreel x Masterpiece), Key Chain + Wallet (Masterpiece), Backpack (Izreel x Masterpiece)

Sneakers:

Vivsim x Mastermind, Visvim x Ships

Shoes/Boots:

Dolce & Gabbana, Swear

9860li.jpg

9ganix.jpg

75k discounted price.

I think the Graphite beanie is usually instock at the Toronto Locations, price is probably a little cheaper, but obviously the tax isn't cool.

for those that have UK connects, my auntie just wrung me up sayin they had em for 125 pounds which after i did conversion on www.xe.com is like 237 US orsomething? dunno how that works tho... cause thats much cheaper

^ It's cheaper in Europe from what friends who go there all the time tell me.

i actually f-ed up my xe calculations, its 182.53 USD
eek.gif

i knew it was cheaper but by like 40%? damn lol NA gets the shaft... id expect it to be cheaper in mayb france but the UK? things definitely werent this muchcheaper in hong kong or china

It's cheaper because the conversion of items are based off of last summer's rate I believe.
Take the Paul Smith UK and US stores. Some of their prices were converted from UK to US from last years rate when Euro were a lot higher.
Now since the Euro's value has dropped, it is much cheaper when purchasing through UK stores as when converted, you save a few dollars.

Still regret not getting that ribbon belt.

I need a new suit... ugh, gotta start looking around this weekend... something in the slim and black ...... (pause if necessary)

Back
Top Bottom