Post pics of HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOES...(pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't wear air forces anymore but aren't those the Nike Lab ones that came out? Celine has a version like that right?

Anyone know anyone someone that works at SLP in LA Beverly Center? With the power of social media you don't even have to go to the stores anymore, just email a person anything you want.

Last edited:
I don't wear air forces anymore but aren't those the Nike Lab ones that came out? Celine has a version like that right?

Anyone know anyone someone that works at SLP in LA Beverly Center? With the power of social media you don't even have to go to the stores anymore, just email a person anything you want.

I was just at that store 2 weeks ago and bought some shoes from that same dude who works there you posted. good customer service there

I like that pronounced heel tab and just the rest of the shoe in general. It's like a CP/Lanvin/Arena/Louboutin combo.

Balenciaga news:

We recently received a lot of great new Men’s shoes for the SS2016 collection…

For ARENAS: We brought back the Black, ALL White, and ALL Red (Rouge Grenade), and added 2 more new colors: Vert Eucalyptus (Dark Green) and Gris Nuage (Lighter Grey). The NEW ADDITION to this season’s Arenas is a MAT/OPAQUE sole, but the leather (lambskin) and price is still the same $585 for the HIGHs and $545 for the LOWs.

We have a NEW “CARBONE’ Effect Calfskin in YELLOW (Highlighter), NAVY, and WHITE. $635. If you want some flash, this yellow is moving quickly.

For MONOCHROME TRAINERS: We have a NEW Red and Grey/Taupe Multimaterial Suede Embossed and Calfskin High Trainer,

2 colors of the Mulitmaterial Neoprene/Suede Embossed Low Trainers, and the

Black Urban Calfskin High Trainers.

AND 2 colors of the RACE RUNNERS.

The Holiday Calfskin Arenas in White, Black, Red (Rouge Grenade), and Gris Taupe (Retail Exclusive color), $635, are moving quickly too! This collection came out Mid October.

I still have some of the FW2015 collection available in the traditional Lambskin Arenas (Vert Bronze, Bleu Obscur, and Gris Fossile), and the Bleu and White Calfskin with the Grey Sole and Grey Laces.

THE BIG SURPRISE IS WE JUST RECEIVED SOME OF THE MEN’S F/W2015 READY-TO-WEAR COLLECTION IN STORE NOW. THE FIRST TIME IN 7 YEARS! AND ITS ALL ON SALE – 50% OFF!!!

We have just a few days left for the Ready-To-Wear before we have to ship them out.

Lastly, we have a few bags and shoes still on sale and available… the Navy and Grey Day Messenger, and Grey and a Bleu Petrole (Teal-like) Traveler Backpack, the White Perforated High Trainer, and the Red and Black Neoprene Low Trainers.

We will be getting rid of sale shoes soon and sale bags next week so hurry for a great deal!

Last edited:
Same exact sole as common projects. Is all that stuff made in the same factory

I dunno but like I brought up before

I wanna know how him/they started

Designs are not hard or new at all, they are based out of Los Angeles good sourcing and moderate price point. Bet he is sitting very nice with however much the start up cost. I came across a guy making a killing off something called Sandal Boyz freaking slides man, slidddddes. I need more than to be just a consumer.

Last edited:
Same exact sole as common projects. Is all that stuff made in the same factory

Designs are not hard or new at all, they are based out of Los Angeles good sourcing and moderate price point. Bet he is sitting very nice with however much the start up cost. I came across a guy making a killing off something called Sandal Boyz freaking slides man, slidddddes. I need more than to be just a consumer.

Industry knowledge and the ability to travel and make connections overseas. My boy started working at Nom De Guerre when he was like 14. Couldn't even get paid yet but he still worked there. Met him in college at business school. He continued in the fashion industry after college and has done a lot for BIG streetwear brands and his own ventures. When he was on business trips visiting factories in Asia/Europe for some companies he worked for he would also work on setting things up for his own brands through those same factories. I'm going up to NYC to finish some business with him this weekend.

You should start being more than just a consumer. Especially since you got a bankroll now. Financing is just important as connections/knowledge for start ups. You already got that out of the way. I'm sure with the help of some NTers you could start something up if you have an idea. I'd be very willing to help depending on what it is. I have some good experience and connections I don't divulge on NT. But right now I'm getting a product licensed collegiate through the CLC so we can plaster college logos wherever we want and profit off that. It's a ton of paperwork, lengthy process, but you just gotta put in the work and watch things happen.

If you are serious about doing a start up or whatever. Just stop thinking about it and start actually doing things. It'll come together slowly.

Last edited:

Yep. Celine stole the design of the shoe from Nike and I think this is Nikes way of getting back with them.

Those collegium look nice. Will check them out.

Last edited:

Hello,

My name is Nick.   I am heavily involved with Collegium.   I used to be quite the active "shadow" user here on NT back in the day, and Collegium has grown from the roots of a true sneakerhead who grew into the luxury world.   I will tell you a quick thing or two about myself.   Like stated, as a "sneakerhead" there were many key aspects of sneakers that caught my attention as I collected or as some may say hoarded.  Those aspects were quality, simplicity, rich colors, and comfort., which were later translated into Collegium

At a point in my life I worked with independent footwear companies as well as big footwear houses.  I spent a lot of time watching and learning how traditional handmade dress shoes were formulated.   A big aspect that was able to connect with was the concept of materialism.   Materials and highlighting an artisan's craft is what Collegium is all about.  I was tired of Jordans/Nikes/ETC cracking, falling apart, and simply deteriorating.  Thus the birth of Colleigum.

The idea of Collegium started in late 2013.   We went through 12 samples for the low top before making a complete sample.   The footwear is handmade in the Designer Couture District of Italy, which some of you may know as where Gucci, Prada, Tods, Santoni, Dolce & Gabanna, Buscemi, and ETC are all made.   

I don't want to ramble too much, but I will do my best to tell the story of Collegium.  For those of you still reading thank you for baring with my poor writing skills...

So lets go back to Quality, Simplicity, Rich colors, and Comfort.

Quality:  Now there are 1000 ways you can look at quality.  For me I always appreciated the materials used.   Each season of Collegium highlights a certain material, for example, the newest material is a Vegetable tan (Feb, 14).   The industry is blowing up using this "Raw" or "Natural" color.  Many people like to "trick" the market with a "Vachetta" or a "Raw" leather, which is simply unfinished or meaning "old looking."  Leathers come in grades and I can't speak for the grade used, but an unfinished leather is typically weaker.   Those leathers still create a patina, which results in that color change or "patina" meaning able to be burnished.  However, here is the difference in what I use.   I took a small tannery in Italy that I fell in love with, who only specializes in Vegetable tanning.  Some of you may not know but that "Natural" color is not the only color you can Vegetable tan something.  This particular article is finished, sealed, dyed in some 19th century tanning machines that are still used by that tannery (which was a reason why I loved them so much), in a vegetable dye that took nearly 1-2 months to formulate.   Now a Vegetable tan also changes colors.  It isn't quite a patina, its the UV rays reacting with the Vegetable pigments dyed into the leathers.  That is one example of how I look at story telling differently through Collegium.  Now a couple of the standard colors I release isn't quite so intricate in the process, but still I took my time in sources my materials and finding a grade of leather I would appreciate as a consumer.  Part of that is know how "corrected" the leather is, how much "chrome excel" or "pigment" is used, the stretch marks, the scars, the proportion of leathers, and more.  

Simplicity: As you will see in our designs, there isn't much, but just a couple key features.  That is just me, I'm a simple guy, not necessarily a fashion forward type of guy.  However, I took samples and samples, finding some places to put emphasis like the hand cut pull tabs, or the rolled over edges where you can not find stitching (an extra process), or the break before the toe cap, finding measurements by the millimeter to make it work.

Rich Colors:  Like stated above, I have highlight leathers, in which during certain parts of the year, I want to offer my customers a special piece, like the vegetable tanned.  However, throughout the year we have staple colors that I use.  They are a top grade Italian hide, slightly pigmented to create the rich palette I offer.  You guys can ask more if you want, I'm just trying to wrap this up haha...

Comfort: Now this is what I worked quite a bit on.   First we use one of the best rubber cup sole manufacturers out there, Margom.  Yes, its used by a lot of the luxury industry, like CP, Balanciaga, FP, YSL, Santoni, Bally, all in different variations.  That sole is just a great sole, what can I say, its tough and looks great.   As for comfort, this is what under the lining consists of, and why I used it.   The insole is a combination of a (bacteria deterring) EVA insole and a Polyurethane insole.   EVA is known for its immediate comfort, but downfall to compress and get flat.   So this is where the PU comes into play, PU does not compress, but its downfall is that it makes your foot too hot.   So using the PU underneath and a EVA on top made the most sense to me.   A plus is that I used to wear my low tops without socks, and they always smelled... so when I say "bacteria deterring" EVA insole, it doesn't allow the "smelly" bacteria growth underneath your shoe, essentially allowing your shoe not to smell when sweating in it.  (that only goes to an extent, cause remember leather as pores, and depending if you sweat a lot, use shoe trees, or etc you can get by)

This pretty much sums as much as I can ramble about today, but just cause the design is so simple do not think everything was not designed mm by mm.   Unlike most companies I can confidently say, many brands do not put as much attention to detail in why they use certain things, or even the standing quality of materials.   This is my interpretation of quality footwear, reviving the artisan craft, and changing perception in the saturated wording of "quality," in the industry today.   Much of the buyers and politics of the industry lower the quality of the independent companies, because of the chain of buyers not knowing the depth of material quality, and simply siding with the "hype" of things. 

I'll try to get to as many questions as I can, but now I have to go and attend to making Collegium a stronger brand for you guys to see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom