Post pics of HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOES...(pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^^

Exactly. It's simple supply and demand. You can buy an entire lambskin hide for around $60 and make a pair of Balenciaga Arena's minus the sole however due to the fact it's a brand that want's to establish itself as a high end brand you pay the high end luxury price. To be fair though where it's made does play a slight part in price but all in all it's geared to a wealthier audience and that is why the price is that amount. I remember before Balenciaga made it's way into the lime light of the fairly hip consumer, items were on many instances going on sale and pricing was alot lower so that theory of pricing is invalid. Majority of fashion houses will only price items at what the people are willing to pay for them.

Last edited:
Part true and partly false.

Not all leathers are made or done equal. You can buy a $60 hide and a $1,000 hide, you can buy calf, baby calf, kangaroo, goat, horse, cordovan, etc... and all could be priced differently and have different tiers of quality. Trust me, a leather from Wilsons Leathers isn't the same leather used in Balenciaga, Gucci, Rick Owens, etc...

Pricing is also partly true and partly false. Yes it is priced to what people are willing to pay but that can be said about anything so that isn't necessarily always the case. The cost of living in general is just higher these days, cost of materials could easily increase the price, hiring a celebrity spokesperson, etc... Everything simply go up in price. Cars and watch retails prices go up on an annual basis.

At the end of the day, everything posted here are luxury items, it should never be considered a responsible or reasonable expense. It is an excess and really, you buy because you like/want it not because you need it.

Does someone know the brandname of this sneaker

Not the official end of season sale but a brief holiday sale ends Dec 2. I had a few items on my wish list already sell out, but I scooped up some Saint Lauren coated black denim.

8) Barneys full compliment of Baleciaga Red & Black Pleats! :D. Barneys.com...all sizes!

Last edited:
do you guys prefer the pleated balenciaga release or the new arenas better?  at first i was in love with the colors of the arenas, but the more i look at them, the more i'm like, ehh about it.  Let me know what you guys thing.  always good to know what ya'll think to get some opinions.

diff between extra blancs and blanc clairs are the misdosle right? with the latter having a more off-white look to it? 

are extra blancs hard to come by now in a 41?

Are Arena Highs worth the money? 

That is up to you.

I'll use a Rolex as an example since it's in your name. To you, a Rolex might be worth the money based on it's history and quality and resale but to others, paying $5k+ for a watch is ridiculous considering everyone has a phone handy these days. It is nothing but an accessory with a single function and very little benefit.

So again, it is up to you to determine it's value.

they look way different from each other. the first time i bought areans, the right shoe felt tighter than them the left shoe. i sent them back.

yeah i personally would, they look too different from each other. the smoother one with the "light" wrinkles looks a lot better imo.

I purchased some black arenas 2 weeks ago and the right shoe was a lot narrower (insole was rising up) than the left shoe. It was a defect and I got a refund but the ***** *** manager was giving me attitude for no reason...never going back.

BLACK PACK-> PLEATED JASPER ARENA

Yeah I sent them a complaint as well. What really upsets me is I did a phone/online order and asked them to take a picture of the shoes and its an entirely different pair they sent.

Agree. Send them back. You'll be pissed every time you look down Can't believe Balenciaga would let those out Don't settle.

Not the official end of season sale but a brief holiday sale ends Dec 2. I had a few items on my wish list already sell out, but I scooped up some Saint Lauren coated black denim.
Sweet! 17.5cm or 15.5cm?  I picked up the light wash 17.5cm pair.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom