Post pics of HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOES...(pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I work in manhattan but live up state.  I went to a pacsun up here today and they had a bunch of FOG stuff because nobody even knows about it.  I got some basic tees, sleeveless zip hoodie, long sleeve waffle henley and long sleeve henley shirts.  Must say very impressed with the quality for the price point.  Hate to say it but the shirts feel exactly like some of the Damir Doma ones I have which I paid like 6x for.  They had the bomber there but medium was the biggest size, might have scooped that also if they had my size. 
Palisades mall? 

Kev, I get looks and negative feedback about my RO gear all the time.   I live in the suburbs, in the city people know of and understand the style.  Makes me laugh because the people that say something usually have zero style like you said.  

It has nothing in my opinion to do with style it's more so an understanding of what YOU LIKE, if more people in the city are accepting of that it's because they've seen all sorts of wackiness and have learned to accept it as opposed to the suburbs, people tend to conform to a certain way of dress. I'll be the first one to say I hated Rick Owens Geobaskets but when I saw the all black python ones it really changed my mind. I'm still not really a fan of the high tongue or the upwards toe that kinda looks like a clown shoe however, certain looks I've seen paired with the shoes is dope. The thermal shorts look to me is still a :smh: and quite laughable in my eyes however, style is not group think it's a perception of what clothes do for you and your personal taste. The notion that people who wear certain clothing attire make them have style or understand it is far and between. Understanding how to make certain pieces work and not clash, and a sense of individuality defines style.

Just because something costs a lot of money doesn't mean it looks good.

You are absolutely right, but things that look good to you might look trash to me, same the other way around. Its all about respect, I'm posting a pic to help a fellow member out so he can have more option on how to wear them, especially I personally think the shoes flow well with its own line of clothes.

Not sure if your comment is directed to me but I have clothes from Zara, HM etc and I rock them well. We all try to contribute, good or bad, we learn from it. Really no need to insult and spread neg vibe in here.

My comment was more generally speaking because it seems like people sometimes get carried away with what designer it is and how much it costs and don't think about whether it even looks good, just "my outfit costs $3000, look at me with the super loud shoes, designer belt, ripped/kneepad jeans, hoverboard, etc".

My comment was more generally speaking because it seems like people sometimes get carried away with what designer it is and how much it costs and don't think about whether it even looks good, just "my outfit costs $3000, look at me with the super loud shoes, designer belt, ripped/kneepad jeans, hoverboard, etc".

Honestly nobody in here is like that though. Everyone mature in here and like what they like. You act like Soulja Boy or Migos is in here.

What do you like High End then, own/wear?

Hover board and Designer belt? You must mean just people in the world I guess. Their money anyways lol

Last edited:

Honestly nobody in here is like that though. Everyone mature in here and like what they like. You act like Soulja Boy or Migos is in here.

What do you like High End then, own/wear?

I don't own much high end, just a couple pairs of loafers (Gucci and LV)

As far as high end sneakers, I don't like most of them. I like the Balenciaga pleated but since they don't make them anymore I have been buying Filling Pieces sneakers. I do like the MMM Futures in leather, its a really nice calf leather.

In general I do like some of Guccis loafers and shoes.

Yea we all like what we like

I don't care for Loafers at all not ever personally and Filling Pieces not for me but if I saw some guy in Gucci or LV loafers I wouldnt say to myself "he got them because they are expensive" in my head at all.

You can find good loafers and quality that aren't LV and Gucci btw

Every time I see Echau post a pic of Geobaskets I kinda want them then I see a guy wear them irl then it's a easy pass btw what's the retail of the FOG shoes?

Also shorts and leggings just look bad imo

Yea we all like what we like

I don't care for Loafers at all not ever personally and Filling Pieces not for me but if I saw some guy in Gucci or LV loafers I wouldnt say to myself "he got them because they are expensive" in my head at all.

You can find good loafers and quality that aren't LV and Gucci btw

I have a hard time finding nice loafers with a real nice leather, especially ones that have more of a casual sole like a driver.

First cop of 2016

These are all you alp alp

I have a hard time finding nice loafers with a real nice leather, especially ones that have more of a casual sole like a driver.

I prefer the suede drivers personally..

Last edited:
They ain't bad, but gucci OD'd with that price. The leather ones actually look a little better to me due to the sole

Also might wind up copping these if they go on sale

yea man its ridiculous considering how much they charge. I'm not buying anymore unless the spikes are minimal or the shoes are super crazy and i break that golden rule
The spikes are easy to put back on yourself, low key. I work for Louboutin and all  you need is one of those click-top Sharpies.

The spikes are easy to put back on yourself, low key. I work for Louboutin and all  you need is one of those click-top Sharpies.
yea I put it back on myself with my fingers but that's besides the point. If I'm dropping rent money on sneakers I want to be able to stomp somebody out with those joints and not have a spike fall off. Not fall off with me simply trying a shoe on. Mr. Louboutin shouldn't be that cheap in producing those

Last edited:
yea I put it back on myself with my fingers but that's besides the point. If I'm dropping rent money on sneakers I want to be able to stomp somebody out with those joints and not have a spike fall off. Not fall off with me simply trying a shoe on. Mr. Louboutin shouldn't be that cheap in producing those
I dunno, man, I wear mine for 9 hours a day at work, 5 days a week, and I haven't lost a spike but I know what you mean. I hear it all the time.

I dunno, man, I wear mine for 9 hours a day at work, 5 days a week, and I haven't lost a spike but I know what you mean. I hear it all the time.
You must have an older pair made in Italy or something. As soon as I got them from my mom for my birthday I wasn't even able to put my foot inside the sneaker and a spike fell off :smh:

thanks man, sarcasm or you feeling those fur sandals?

Last edited:
Nah, man. Like I said, I work for the company, always current season or close to it. But again, I've seen a lot of people that it's happened to. It's just that most wear them to clubs and people step on their feet or they take their shoes off with the other foot or the kick the ground when they walk or what have you.

Nah, man. Like I said, I work for the company, always current season or close to it. But again, I've seen a lot of people that it's happened to. It's just that most wear them to clubs and people step on their feet or they take their shoes off with the other foot or the kick the ground when they walk or what have you.
oh ok got you. I understand you work for the company so you're probably trying to make them look better by not highlighting the issue. The reality is the shoe shouldn't fall apart so easily and for the price you pay for them you shouldn't have to be careful while wearing them. Also you probably get em at a substantial discount or maybe even free to wear while working so I probably wouldn't complain as much if I were in the same boat :lol:

A job is a job and I don't honestly care about making the company look better or worse. People buy the shoes regardless of if there are perceived quality issues or not and I could tell you horror stories about every single luxury brand out there through my experiences in the industry. That being said, not trying to argue or dog you and I hope it doesn't come off like that. The spikes are held in place through a post system, between the leather liner and the outer layer, there is a metal post that the exterior spike is attached to. Any brand that's copied that style of spike is also going to have that problem from Gucci to Louis Leeman. Valentino doesn't have that problem because their pyramid spikes have more surface area and several points of connection to the shoe.

So all I have is my own personal experience and what my clients have all gone through. But I wouldn't say I baby mine. I do wear them in the rain, in the snow, to the bar, to clubs, I've dropped shipment boxes on them, I've kicked chairs and boxes and metal racks with them, gotten them stuck in ladder rungs, slid down hills accidentally, and I still haven't lost any.

And yeah, they take care of us [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Last edited:
A job is a job and I don't honestly care about making the company look better or worse. People buy the shoes regardless of if there are perceived quality issues or not and I could tell you horror stories about every single luxury brand out there through my experiences in the industry. That being said, not trying to argue or dog you and I hope it doesn't come off like that. The spikes are held in place through a post system, between the leather liner and the outer layer, there is a metal post that the exterior spike is attached to. Any brand that's copied that style of spike is also going to have that problem from Gucci to Louis Leeman. Valentino doesn't have that problem because their pyramid spikes have more surface area and several points of connection to the shoe.

So all I have is my own personal experience and what my clients have all gone through. But I wouldn't say I baby mine. I do wear them in the rain, in the snow, to the bar, to clubs, I've dropped shipment boxes on them, I've kicked chairs and boxes and metal racks with them, gotten them stuck in ladder rungs, slid down hills accidentally, and I still haven't lost any.

And yeah, they take care of us [emoji]128514[/emoji]
oh ok got you. They should all do them like Valentino then, whatever avoids having them fall off imo.

Also, those Chelsea boots are nice. I'll say that.

nothing wrong with loafers, people always think im Dominican if i wore loafers it would just add to that lol, plus my current gf is DR haha

Troll

How you rent but don't have a job?

:lol:

You a funny kid man.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom