Post pics of HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOES...(pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys I'm still having comfort issues with these SLP combat boots and need your advice. I wore them a few times a week for the month of January hoping to break them in to a comfortable fit. I gave up and have been wearing my ultra boost every day in February while trying to sell the SLP combat boots on eBay :lol:

Basically, I ordered a 39 and 40 to try on when I first purchased. Tried them on with thick hiking socks. 40 was too big and heel was slipping, 39 was snug but I thought I could make it work. Wish they made this boot in 39.5 because those would've been perfect for me :smh:

So I wore them a few times a week for a month straight. The left pair feels great but the right pair feels too tight. I didn't have any cuts/blisters form from wearing them but I couldn't wait to take them off after some long days. I got them stretched one time (only for a few hours) and they felt AMAZING after that but it didn't last.

So I've been trying to sell them recently but no luck. I really want to keep them, they just don't fit comfortably. I haven't used any products on them yet and I'm thinking... If I used some type of conditioner on them to help them stretch, and took them to cobbler to stretch but had them do it longer this time, do you think I'd yield better results.

I'm torn because I love this boot and have really been trying to make them work but I'm not sure it's worth it any more.

When you saw stretched, did it involve a professional cobbler hennessy hennessy ?

Yeah it was a professional cobbler. He told me that it's more difficult to stretch lace up boots than slip on boots, but that he'd do his best and to come back in a couple days. I told him that I needed them by the end of the day (had a trip to NY the next day I needed them for) so he told me pick them up in a few hours. He used what looked like a shoe tree but with a long stick on the heel end and some kind of handle that had a screw mechanism.

Yeah cobbler used essentially the same product Ed just posted.

Leaving it for a more significant amount of time might do it but he is right to say lace up boots is harder.

Picked up some CPs for $200. Suede quality is awesome.

Yeah cobbler used essentially the same product Ed just posted.

Leaving it for a more significant amount of time might do it but he is right to say lace up boots is harder.

Yeah the tool used looked very similar if not exactly the same. He did not use any pressure point plugs though. Since the issue is dealing with width and pressure points in the right boot, I think this product may be worth a shot. I was considering using a stretching spray as well but read that I should save my money as most stretching sprays are just 50% alcohol 50% water. Any truth to that?

D.Josey D.Josey clean come up. Info?

Thanks man. They're actually a women's pair that I found on sale from Net-A-Porter. Got the last size which happened to be my 41.

Sick! So is it true it's the same exact size and last from men's to women's?

Yeah, I honestly don't notice any substantial differences, and they fit me just fine.

Edit: After a second try on, the width is a little tighter. Gonna see how they feel after break in.

Last edited:
Yeah it was a professional cobbler. He told me that it's more difficult to stretch lace up boots than slip on boots, but that he'd do his best and to come back in a couple days. I told him that I needed them by the end of the day (had a trip to NY the next day I needed them for) so he told me pick them up in a few hours. He used what looked like a shoe tree but with a long stick on the heel end and some kind of handle that had a screw mechanism.
Use a shoe Stretch spray and use a shoe tree stretcher and that will get the job done. Set it and leave it for a day or two

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom