Post pictures of the RAREST shoes you got!!LETS SEE SOME HEAT!!

AJKO's own this thread, those are by far the freshest ive ever seen and clearly one of the rarest shoes on this thread.

haha menthols. havent seen a pair other than when i had em few years back.
definetly different but never got an urge to wear em :/

smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
some heaters in here!

khoshabasfinest23 wrote:

Probably my US OPEN Roger Federer Air zoom vapor V. 50 pairs worlwide, i dont know how true that is though.

16a2ucy.jpg

4juqmc.jpg

Not to burst your bubble, but more then 50. but only 100
grin.gif

There were 50 at the Nike booth at the US open and 50 on nike.com

i cant keep kicks stored in closets...i like to wear em....that IMO, but clean Heat everyone, could imagine if Nike would actually re-lease some heat from onhere....

Originally Posted by ssgefiestoakagerger

Rare kicks aren't those limited crap you see nowadays.

They're the ones that never made into production or the market. Anything that was ever in a shop and up for grabs are only 'rare' because they've come in an extinction because people bought them up.

In a business sense (Research and Development), samples, prototypes and player exclusives are RARE.

During the Research process, samples and prototypes are made and some ideas are scrapped. Anything left over is expensed and considered "non-recoverable" (because they weren't mass-produced for profit and only a few are ever in existence) those are the true gems of rarity. Anything that goes into the Development process (general releases) are not rare because the company seeks to recover that cost through sales.

General releases are mass-produced copies versus samples and protoypes which are the only "master copies"

Player exclusives are worth so much and considered "rare" because they were only produced for that individual player on "advertising expense" and are never in production either.

From a collector's point of view, we want those RARE gems. From Nike's point of view, general releases are what produces the big bucks.

(For rarity, see Jay Jones collection whenever he posts. I can say almost all of the stuff he ever posts, you'll only see once and never again)

couldnt have been said any better.....def agree^^

Originally Posted by Cleveland222

Originally Posted by jordanxmichael

Originally Posted by YoungSole93

Originally Posted by professafinessa

349296223.jpg

349296995.jpg

349296998.jpg

91/252 i guess that makes these pretty rare
Whats the story behind these?
nerd.gif

Made by Alife..... I saw these at their Vancouver store in the summer of 06 i believe.
While they were released at Alife (and at Clientele) they were made, designed, and funded by Ari himself, in celebration of his 10th year in New York.
They retailed for $275 plus tax and came with a framed print and other stuff that differed between the two stores they released at.
-A Print by Espo
-T-Shirt, etc.
After being unable to work out something with Nike he went on his own and did this, taking a huge loss in the process.
Beautifuly detailed product. Instead of stars on the soles they have dollar bill signs. ($$$$$)

If anyone has one of the T-Shirts in a Large hit me up.

Just in case anybody wanted more info about these i remember seeing this story not too long ago on katc its a very creative concept even though theyre AF1knockoffs, also the story behind them is pretty interesting heres the link to the article and also a video of the release day at clientele oooh and nice heateveryone but those AJKO´s are FIIIIRE.
http://www.kixandthecity.com/2006/0...-ari-and-his-beautifully-complex-menthol-10s/http://www.kixandthecity....ully-complex-menthol-10s/

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess"value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zoJpD1Sf-SQ&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1http://www.youtube.com/v/...or2=0x999999&border=1"type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445"height="364"></embed></object>

Back
Top Bottom