Post-racial society: will there b a time when it's acceptable 4 non-blacks to use the N* word??

Originally Posted by ChrisPhenephom

have u actually seen a person get physically attacked for saying N'a?
Yes, been apart of it.
Dude at my highschool freshman year was rocking Nazi symbols out the @!* and shouted the word amongst a group of African Americans. Lets just say it wasn't pretty. 

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Yes, been apart of it.
Dude at my highschool freshman year was rocking Nazi symbols out the @!* and shouted the word amongst a group of African Americans. Lets just say it wasn't pretty. 
He deserved that...

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Originally Posted by Demps

Im hispanic and I stay using it, I dont care.
x2
Without asking me, "Why do you care about what I do" can you explain to me WHY you feel the want/need to use that word?
because no one is going to tell us to stop using a word.

what's more immature?

wanting to use a word that certain people think is off limits?

or getting offended by a word?

ChrisPhenephom wrote:
Of course but most of those type of dudes pick and choose who to say that !!@% around. I cant fathom what yall saying goes on in New York
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by cartune

Have no problem with any other race using it....and you shouldnt have a problem with whatever way i choose to retaliate
why would you want to retaliate against someone who was probably using it just as a word and not an intention to degrade you?
I can understand the hate with the original form of the word/original meaning but if you ask me if thats your logic then your just gonna add to some statistics....actually how would you retaliate?

Personally if I did slip in the word N'a into a conversation with an african-american i didn't know (speaking from a non-black perspective the word N'a has become sort of a second nature kind of word, especially in different parts of NYC...most notably the hood areas) and the other person had a problem with it...the right course of action is to immediately apologize...of course people are gonna say "you shouldn't have said something like that in the first place" and their right but what a person does inside his own clique of people and area is outside of the jurisdiction of others...all it comes down to is respect.  If certain people arent cool with using that word then imo you have to respect that and act accordingly.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Yes, been apart of it.
thats different though..

Here's the problem...

Alot of ya'll weren't brought up correctly. And I mean the soft @*%, wanna be down black kids who let other races talk that non-sense around them.  I'm sorry but no self respecting black man lets other races call him "my N" it just don't happen.  All these skinny jean wearing punks allow the the word to be spread. The only non-blacks I can even tolerate saying the word are urban latinos like Fat Joe because they actually understand the word.  I'm checking any other race that uses the word directly to me, if I hear it from another race I just
grin.gif
 and keep it moving.  I don't care if I grew up with Eminem and Larry Bird they not gonna call me "my N".  And vice versa I never call them it either because that's almost inviting them in. 

I was playing ball the other day and a dude that I think was Philipino said it to his best friend who was black. I wanted to say something to him then and there but I just didn't for whatever reason. I gave him 4 straight buckets though.

Maybe that reason was that you're punani, just saying tho. Dont get butthurt

kanye-shrug.jpg

Not butthurt, really didn't want any trouble that day. Was in a foreign gym by myself and him and his boys were there. So yea, the odds weren't in my favor, so that is why I didn't speak up.

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

Here's the problem...

Alot of ya'll weren't brought up correctly. And I mean the soft @*%, wanna be down black kids who let other races talk that non-sense around them.  I'm sorry but no self respecting black man lets other races call him "my N" it just don't happen.  All these skinny jean wearing punks allow the the word to be spread. The only non-blacks I can even tolerate saying the word are urban latinos like Fat Joe because they actually understand the word.  I'm checking any other race that uses the word directly to me, if I hear it from another race I just
grin.gif
 and keep it moving.  I don't care if I grew up with Eminem and Larry Bird they not gonna call me "my N".  And vice versa I never call them it either because that's almost inviting them in. 
Truth I get down with alot of your posts, but not this one bruh.
How is alright for an urban non-black latino to use it and not an urban white guy that grew up in the projects along with other blacks?  It's the same word and carries the same meaning but it's okay for the latino to say cuz he's a couple shades closer to our color.

the way I look at it from a Zen sort of way...who's worse in this situation the person using the word N'a without knowing its a derogatory term or the one that gets offended by it, and starts drama because of it.

Do you need to know the history of the word "the" or "it" to use it...of course this ain't the same as using N'a by any stretch i'm trying to make
laugh.gif
BUT in essence for those african-americans who are out their literally trying to ban the word its kind of ridiculous...the reason the word N'a has such a negative reaction nowadays is because when the word got popular through hip-hop everybody started using it and now those same blacks that were using it in the 90's with non-blacks are getting all riled up and upset because now they feel "enlightened" that the word has always been a derogatory term and shouldn't be said anymore in any type of context.

Of course this is just your opinion and everybody is right in their own minds.  Bottomline as far as i'm concerned, if you choose to get offended by it when their was no intention to hurt you and you take it to the next level and make it physical your just as wrong.

But then again I stress that the word N'a shouldn't  even be used all the time for blacks/non-blacks....Just getting away from curse words/negative words in general is the right step in my book.

If black people don't want other people saying it, they need to stop saying it cause guess what, this is America, its a melting pot, where acculturation is the law of the land...Monkey see, monkey do, white/asian/hispanics on TV see blacks saying it they're going to use it too...And I agree it should be a discussion for blacks to have internally but that would be living in a fantasy land.

Its part of my everyday vocabulary.
Its so commonly used nowadays by everyone of all races (NYC area). Its just another way of saying "bro", "fam", "yo", etc.

Maybe around where you live its not acceptable, where I live and my personal encounters its just another word.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

Here's the problem...

grin.gif
Truth I get down with alot of your posts, but not this one bruh.
How is alright for an urban non-black latino to use it and not an urban white guy that grew up in the projects along with other blacks?  It's the same word and carries the same meaning but it's okay for the latino to say cuz he's a couple shades closer to our color.

the way I look at it from a Zen sort of way...who's worse in this situation the person using the word N'a without knowing its a derogatory term or the one that gets offended by it, and starts drama because of it.

Do you need to know the history of the word "the" or "it" to use it...of course this ain't the same as using N'a by any stretch i'm trying to make
laugh.gif
BUT in essence for those african-americans who are out their literally trying to ban the word its kind of ridiculous...the reason the word N'a has such a negative reaction nowadays is because when the word got popular through hip-hop everybody started using it and now those same blacks that were using it in the 90's with non-blacks are getting all riled up and upset because now they feel "enlightened" that the word has always been a derogatory term and shouldn't be said anymore in any type of context.

Of course this is just your opinion and everybody is right in their own minds.  Bottomline as far as i'm concerned, if you choose to get offended by it when their was no intention to hurt you and you take it to the next level and make it physical your just as wrong.

But then again I stress that the word N'a shouldn't  even be used all the time for blacks/non-blacks....Just getting away from curse words/negative words in general is the right step in my book.

How many white kids growing up in all black environments like the projects?  Not saying it doesn't happen but that's VERY rare.  I just know if I was white I wouldn't wanna say it.  It's just a "wanna be down" type act.

It don't matter if it's acceptable or not...people that should be using the word are still going to use the word in their own private conversation...but who am I to say who should and shouldn't use the word because I use it during the day....ALOT
laugh.gif
. That's just my vocabulary I choose to use.

Not butthurt, really didn't want any trouble that day. Was in a foreign gym by myself and him and his boys were there. So yea, the odds weren't in my favor, so that is why I didn't speak up.
You were scared bo.  If you really believed that dude shouldn't have been saying it, you would have stood up for your beliefs.

Originally Posted by best hands in the game

You were scared bo.  If you really believed that dude shouldn't have been saying it, you would have stood up for your beliefs.

all that good $*** he was talking about that he lays down his laws and doesnt take $*** from no one..... is all a stunt now.

disappointed at you dc.

Have no problem with any other race using it....and you shouldnt have a problem with whatever way i choose to retaliate

you wouldnt do anything

i'm non-black and use it all the time

most black NTers have no business using it considering they grew up in 90% white neighborhoods

Originally Posted by 59 Piffy

you wouldnt do anything

i'm non-black and use it all the time

most black NTers have no business using it considering they grew up in 90% white neighborhoods

Everything you just typed was dumb. 

Didn't read most of the posts in this thread but are there any blacks in here that doesn't care if people of any color say the n word?
I've heard indians, mexicans, whites, etc say the word so it's really lost it's connotation to me.

Back
Top Bottom