Post your 2010 World Cup predictions...

I'm praying for Holland, considered the best team to never win
frown.gif

they were so close in the 70's reaching both finals and in WCQ they did a perfect job and the recent friendlies saw them have teamwork to win and were on the same pace.

also, they don't have injuries, and the major teams are coming down with injuries everyday

Originally Posted by M4rioL

frown.gif

they were so close in the 70's reaching both finals and in WCQ they did a perfect job and the recent friendlies saw them have teamwork to win and were on the same pace.

also, they don't have injuries, and the major teams are coming down with injuries everyday
The funny thing is you said this about 2 hrs after Robben got hurt
laugh.gif

I cant say I'm surprised that he got injured. He and van Persie are two of the best players in the world...and two of the most injury prone players in the world. I dont think this will hurt Holland too much because they should moonwalk through the group stage. After that hopefully Robben is 100% for the 2nd round. I guess this means van der vaart or Affelay will move into the starting XI and they aren't slouches themselves.

A: France, Uruguay
B: Argentina, Nigeria
C: England, USA
D: Germany, Ghana
E: Netherlands, Cameroon
F: Italy, Paraguay
G: Brazil, Ivory Coast
H: Spain, Chile

Round of 16:
France over Nigeria
Argentina over Uruguay
England over Ghana
Germany over USA
Netherlands over Paraguay
Cameroon over Italy
Brazil over Chile
Ivory Coast over Spain

Quarters:
Argentina over France
England over Germany
Netherlands over Cameroon
Brazil over Ivory Coast

Semis:
Argentina over England
Brazil over Netherlands

Final:
Brazil over Argentina

A: South Africa, France
B: Argentina, Greece
C: England, US
D: Germany, Serbia
E: Netherlands, Denmark
F: Italy, Paraguay
G: Brazil, Ivory Coast
H: Spain, Switzerland

South Africa over Greece
Argentina over France
England over Serbia
Germany over US
Netherlands over Paraguay
Italy over Denmark
Brazil over Switzerland
Spain over Ivory Coast

England over South Africa
Brazil over Netherlands
Argentina over Germany
Italy over Spain

Brazil over England
Italy over Argentina

Brazil over Italy
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Originally Posted by M4rioL

frown.gif

The funny thing is you said this about 2 hrs after Robben got hurt
laugh.gif

I cant say I'm surprised that he got injured. He and van Persie are two of the best players in the world...and two of the most injury prone players in the world. I dont think this will hurt Holland too much because they should moonwalk through the group stage. After that hopefully Robben is 100% for the 2nd round. I guess this means van der vaart or Affelay will move into the starting XI and they aren't slouches themselves.
What I meant to say is they don't come with any MAJOR injuries but still.
laugh.gif

Van Der Vaart should be good though. They can beat weak teams all day but I just hope they don't get sent out by a bigger team like Portugal in 06'

Spain has the most balanced team. Sorry folks.

Netherlands is my dark horse and it hurts to hear Robben's down
mad.gif
frown.gif

I had people telling me yesterday "Is that a Korea jersey?" wearing my team orange jersey
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

robben
smh.gif

had netherlands in the final...not sure about now
IMO Robben wouldn't have helped enough to get them past Brazil, who they'll likely meet in the QF. His injury is unfortunate but ultimately I don't think it'll make a difference in their campaign. They'll still finish first and probably beat Paraguay/Italy in the Round of 16, then will lose to Brazil. 

Holland have been my favorite European team for ages (I'm not a diehard fan though) but these guys are renowned for playing wonderful footie early on in tournaments and then crashing out in the KO-Stage. They've let me down so many times...losing to Brazil in the 94 QFs, losing to Brazil in the 98 semis, losing to Italy in the 2000 Euro semis (one of the biggest choke jobs in the sport's history), losing to Portugal in the 06 2nd round and most recently, collapsing in extra time of the Euro 08 QFs against Russia and losing 3-1.

Talent has never been an issue with them...I dont think anyone can explain why they perform so well early on but never carry it on until the end. If they meet Paraguay in the 2nd round then they should advance to atleast the QFs. If they run into Italy early on then we can all be in for another disappointment.

If they run into Italy early on then we can all be in for another disappointment.
shhh, don't say that
frown.gif

and yes, they have a history of cruising around once they're up. I remember Euro 08 like it was yesterday *respects to Russia*

Back
Top Bottom