"Post Your Basketball Shoe Rotation" Thread

I think he's asking about the White/Dark Blue one, not the all black pair. I think that one released right before Christmas?? Isn't it the "Thatain't right" series?

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

I think he's asking about the White/Dark Blue one, not the all black pair. I think that one released right before Christmas?? Isn't it the "That ain't right" series?

I got them on NDC when they first popped up, probably three weeks ago now.

33cufz6.jpg

2w4n3oy.jpg

TB BB1s white.navy & white/black and homegrown along with 2k4s...the black red are a PE for Damon Stoudamire...

Originally Posted by DeezyVSOP

The laces are the Achilles Heel of that shoe. Seriously. It's not easy to get locked down, although I got some practice at it so it's okay for me.

Not only do they tend to come untied during runs (I always double knot them), but if they get damaged then you are IN for it. I just recently had to replace them and it was like performing surgery, not that I know what it's like, but it was tedious. I had a detachable wall lamp in hand, shining into the abyss of that upper, and I used 5 inch tweezers to get the laces in the bottom lace hole.

I'm a huge BB Low enthusiast, I think it plays very similar to the Turbine, very similar court feel, they're both lightweight, great traction and responsiveness. But the BB Low fits a bit better and it's much easier to lace up obviously.
yeah, def bad lacing system specially if you need to change them, at least you got yours changed. hopefully Nike will consider retroing these.

My rotation is nothing like any of ya'lls. But here goes...

2k3 (Black)
Air Max Elite BG (Navy)
OG XIV (black-toe)
Jumpman Pro Shake (white/gray/navy)
Jordan VII Retro (black/red)
Air Max 360 Runners (camo) only if i end up at an impromptu shoot around at the gym. never for competitive play.

Considering adding the following
Zoom Lebron 2's (gray)
Jordan XII Retro (Black/White)

Those last two, the Jordan XII and Lebron II play kind of similar to each other.

I think they employ large volume Zoom Air and they feel pretty beefy.

I like the Lebron II Low a lot more than the mid, the mid is crazy restrictive and stiff at the ankle for me. But the mid was excellent for outdoor play.

i concur with the lebron ii/aj xii similarity.. however, i felt that the xii is a bit more stiff--but then again i've never worn the brons with straps.

as far as traction, the brons got pretty slippery after a while on indoor courts, but they're great for balling on asphalt.

i wish damon stoudamire was still in the league. he wears my size, and the biggie callout is
smokin.gif

EDIT: last 5 times i hooped, ver. 2.

hoop.jpg

Originally Posted by ehh

Shaft, very nice!

<tip of the hat> thank you!

255 - I wish I had your SVSM II...I would rock the hell out of them just the way you did.

Yeah, the traction of the Lebron II's I had was average for indoor play. And the entire ankle area was insanely protected, to the point of discomfort forme because I could barely rotate my foot.

My all black lows are much better, but they're also great outdoors.

What's the story on those 2K5's? Never seen those before.

iD studio joints.. snakeskin and nubuck. i kept it basic with those, really liked the tryon versions, so i just added taxi accents.

the swoosh was supposed to be taxi, but i'm not mad it came out "medium denim" (i have a sneaking suspicion george just painted a tryon
laugh.gif
)

snakeskin was also available in white, black, concord.. couple other colors. i thought team red snake was nice, kind of a two tone red.. but stuck with gray.

there were mostly autumn colors then, if anyone has the 2nd season dunks or forces, it was pretty much the same color palette..

as far as upper colors.. pink ice, safari green, chili red, team red, concord, taxi, sulfur (the color of a yellowed midsole), white, black, jetstream gray..

i was tempted to do a gold swoosh since the swoosh outline on the 2k5 was always gold, but ended up going more subdued for once.

EDIT - took a pic

2k5id.jpg

Yeah those things look pretty crazy.

Sounds like they had a LOT of options too. How long did it take you to decide?

I know I'd be working up a sweat taking like 2 hours.

there were a lot of colors but not a lot of blocking involved..

toe and strap, upper, swoosh, lace, heel, front outsole, midsole, toe jewel, ankle, heel and strap iD..

wait, that actually sounds like a lot.
laugh.gif

-2k4
-2k5
-ZK3
-Hyperdunks
-ZK4
-AJ 1 Fathers Day
-Huarache 08
-Starbury II Hightop

all indoor, except the starbury's..

I keep it pretty simple-
Indoors
Huarache 09
Zoom BB 2

Outdoors-(hardly ever play)
Air Force Max (Barkley/Fab Five)
Air Max Tempo Retro

Too lazy for pics but...

Indoor: AJ Retro XIV
AJ XVIII and 18.5
AJ XIX
Zoom Drive
Zoom Kobe I
Zoom huarache 2K4 and 2K5
AF 25

Outdoor: Zoom 20-5-5
Zoom BB
Zoom LBJ II

Current Rotation
- Air Jordan VI low
- Adidas T-Mac 3
- Air Jordan XII
- Air Zoom Generation
- Air Jordan XVIII low(but not anymore because the sole fell apart when I was ballin today)
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom