\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Go to a reputable shop and you won't have a problem. Because 3M is probably all they carry

Yea this is the spot it looks like Cam Newton, Luda, and a few other notable ATL natives go, its right down the street from the crib, and they have been around 20+ yrs so I`ll def give them a look.

Any you guys get crap from Cops after tinting assuming you did legal tint?

Yea, just pay a bit more and get it right with quality tints. I almost went with llumar since one good shop highly recommends it and it's a bit pricier than 3M. Probably just because of the shop though and not the actual tint.

I went with 3M because of their track history

Are Legal tints too light (32% is legal in GA) to combat car getting OD hot when parked?

I hate imports lol

tint plus one of those fold out windshield shades does wonders in the summer
I was reading that they have reflective "tint" for the windshield but i would assume it makes more sense to just buy shades
Yea just get a $10 shade and be done.

and to answer your question on the 32% tint, yes that's plenty to make a noticeable difference in keeping the heat out and also keeping the sun off you when you're driving.

I have 35% in the front and 20% rear and it's great

luckyluchiano luckyluchiano you looking to go dark or just stay legal? I know a good percentage of people that go lighter with the tint wish they went darker. I'm running 35 on the windows and 50 on my windshield. Sometimes I wish I went to 20% but don't wanna get hassled by cops. They also have air 80 it's a clear tint made for windshields that's really good at blocking heat.

3m or llumar are two brands I'd try to stay with. Also if money isn't a factor then go with a ceramic like huper optik.

Last edited:
I have rain guards on my windows so in the summer I just crack open my windows a bit, you woudnt be even able to tell they were open.

When I first got my car it had no tint. Summer was terrible :x as soon as I got my 10% in the back and 35% in the front (wish i did 20) I noticed the heat wasn't nearly as bad as without tints. So yeah it's worth it

luckyluchiano luckyluchiano you looking to go dark or just stay legal? I know a good percentage of people that go lighter with the tint wish they went darker. I'm running 35 on the windows and 50 on my windshield. Sometimes I wish I went to 20% but don't wanna get hassled by cops. They also have air 80 it's a clear tint made for windshields that's really good at blocking heat.

3m or llumar are two brands I'd try to stay with. Also if money isn't a factor then go with a ceramic like huper optik.

3m and llumar are the two brands they carry, is one better than the other? I looked at a few tint forums and most people say they dont matter while others swear by one or the other. And i just want the darkest legal tint i can get, dont want problems with cops

3m and llumar are the two brands they carry, is one better than the other? I looked at a few tint forums and most people say they dont matter while others swear by one or the other. And i just want the darkest legal tint i can get, dont want problems with cops
Cant go wrong with either. As far as being legal if a cop really wanted to hassle you they will. If you get 35% it will read darker since the factory glass is tinted/tempered.

Edit: I would ask the installer which tiny they prefer to work with.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom