\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

The red emblems really set it off

Reminds me of the time I hit the brakes so hard I thought I crashed :lol:
Was damn close to it also

But anywho I saw the goat American sports car today

Porsche confirms four-cylinder Boxster, Cayman replacement for US

Those who've been anxiously awaiting the return of the four-cylinder Porsche will be glad to know that the wait is almost over. What's more, the quad-pot Porsches won't be kept away from US showrooms but will form an integral part of the company's North American strategy.

Confirmation comes courtesy of Automotive News, which spoke to the company's chief executive Matthias Müller about its return to four-cylinder power. "First of all, we will have it in the Boxster and Cayman successor," Müller told AN. "And then we will see how it works and how successful it is and how the customers will react on that, and then we will take the next decisions."

The model to which Müller refers is expected to be the 718 – a new line taking the place of the Boxster and Cayman, ostensibly allowing Zuffenhausen to start from scratch rather than "downsizing" the engine on existing models. The new range is anticipated to launch sometime in the middle of next year.

Porsche is currently offering a 2.0-liter inline-four with 234 horsepower in the Macan (which we get with V6s) for certain markets overseas, but the 718 is expected to get a new flat-four 2.0- and 2.5-liter displacements with output edging up to 395 horsepower. The last time Porsche offered a four-pot in the US was with the front-engined 968 that wrapped up production two decades ago, but it hasn't offered a boxer four since 1976.

BMW will reportedly bring the track-focused model to the states. Presently, the U.S. market accounts for 40 percent of overall M sales, making it the largest market and therefore a perfect place to offer a faster M4.

Oh, and the M4 GTS isn’t just a “maybe” either. U.S. BMW dealerships show the 2016 M4 GTS beginning production in March of next year. The special edition lines up with the automaker’s 100th anniversary, and while we don’t have pricing information, expect it to retail for somewhere above $100,000 like the M3 GTS.

The M4 GTS will be distinguished by aerodynamic upgrades, a roll cage instead of rear seats, lighter-weight materials such as carbon fiber, and an otherwise stripped-down cabin.

The engine will be an upgraded version of the M4’s twin-turbo flat six-engine with the addition of water injection. Power is estimated to be 470 horsepower, an increase of 55 horses compared to the normal M3 and M4. Ceramic brakes and a dual-clutch transmission will also come standard on the GTS spec.

While the GTS name is the most likely choice for the more extreme M4, Automobile Magazine has reported BMW could go with “CSL” instead. The e46 M3 CSL was introduced in 2003, again for the European market only, and focused on light weight materials and increased performance, much like the GTS.

Random topic, what are some of you guys' favorite interiors/combos

Something about brown I love

i almost drove off a cliff
 BMW will reportedly bring the track-focused model to the states. Presently, the U.S. market accounts for 40 percent of overall M sales, making it the largest market and therefore a perfect place to offer a faster M4.
Oh, and the M4 GTS isn’t just a “maybe” either. U.S. BMW dealerships show the 2016 M4 GTS beginning production in March of next year. The special edition lines up with the automaker’s 100th anniversary, and while we don’t have pricing information, expect it to retail for somewhere above $100,000 like the M3 GTS.

The M4 GTS will be distinguished by aerodynamic upgrades, a roll cage instead of rear seats, lighter-weight materials such as carbon fiber, and an otherwise stripped-down cabin.
The engine will be an upgraded version of the M4’s twin-turbo flat six-engine with the addition of water injection. Power is estimated to be 470 horsepower, an increase of 55 horses compared to the normal M3 and M4. Ceramic brakes and a dual-clutch transmission will also come standard on the GTS spec.
While the GTS name is the most likely choice for the more extreme M4, Automobile Magazine has reported BMW could go with “CSL” instead. The e46 M3 CSL was introduced in 2003, again for the European market only, and focused on light weight materials and increased performance, much like the GTS.

Good good keep da gts wing nt loves so much :evil:

Back
Top Bottom