\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Looks like they're trying to bully a car clearly not even in its league, performance-wise.

That doesn't sound like confidence in their new platform, but rather insecurity or some kind of animosity Chevy has had that BMW was never eem aware of.

Next up, pair up the M4 with a Malibu and put it on the track. But this is just to show how forced induction has really done the M4 well, nothing else. If the Malibu gets lapped 12 times, disregard it, focus on our turbo engine.

Yea, I don't think anybody would waste their time on reading or writing that article.

It would've been better to see them compare them to cars who are actually similar in performance and somewhat similar in price. You know, like how they're constantly doing with the little ol' flat-4 dinosaur EJ STI and all these other new cars.

the m4 was outperformed by the previous generation Camaro 1LE on the track. it wouldn't stand a chance against the new SS. BMW dropped the ball with the f82. increasing the footprint was not a good idea.

But who was m4 gts

wait is there a difference between a 335i and a 435i GC?

im so confused as to why they made a four door version of the 4 series when the 4 series is supposed to be the two door version of the 3 series.

BMW, water yoo doing?
The Germans like to make things more complicated. They make sedans and call them coupes. They make crossovers and call them coupes. They make coupes and call them coupes. Coupe all things! Silly Germans. Gotta love em though.

Y'all are taking this article out of context.

They didn't choose anything. A 340i happened to be at the same location as the Camaro. The writer drove cars both back to back. He found that the BMW, the "ultimate driving machine", was outclassed not just by the power, but by the chassis, handling, and responsiveness of the Camaro.

Of course the comparison isn't a fair one. The point of the article is that gm's alpha platform is really good, and stacks up with the 3 series. Years ago, the Camaro wasn't even close to any model 3 series on chassis and handling. That's it! That's the point.

The article is comparing a Camaro SS to a BMW 3 series, it pretty obvious that the bmw was "outclassed" by power, chassis, handling and responsiveness. That's what an SS is suppose to do, especially against a family sedan not Intended to be powerful, or handle or be as responsive as an SS or anything similar.

Compare the 3 series to the Chevy Malibu and tell me what's better. Compare a Chevy SS to a BMW M3 and tell me what's better.

Article was pointless and as I mentioned, was only used to hype Chevy for no reason.

And it gets weirder with the 1-Series sedan :lol:

BMW-Compact-Sedan-Concept-5.jpg

BMW-Compact-Sedan-Concept-29.jpg

http://www.carscoops.com/2015/11/bmw-concept-compact-sedan-previews-new.html

Last edited:
135 was/is ugly, but I think its a more raw car & funner to drive than a 2 series. I'd still take the M235 tho lol, but I'll take a 1M over almost any newer Bimmer at this point.

And can someone explain what a grand coupe is?
Gran Coupe is BMW's version of the "4-Door coupe".  

Mercedes Started this segment with the CLS in 2004.  Porsche followed with the Panamera in 2010, Audi soon after with the A7/S7/RS7(2010 in Europe, didnt hit the US until 2012).   BMW entered the segment in 2012 with the 6-series Gran Coupe  .  Its basically a sedan that keeps the coupe styling cues (framless windows, more sloping roofline, etc)

Last edited:
My coworker had a 1 series and that car has had nothing but problems less than 5000 miles in. He's had to commute to work by bus like two times already.

Haven't seen him in a while cuz he's been on comp but wouldn't be surprised if he has a different car now lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom