\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Is that a special edition??? Or aftermarket??? Either way,
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
cmon dawg.  It's a GT3 RS.

Special color though.  Mexico Blue

it's worth a solid 300k

haven't been active in this thread in a while, but was wondering if you guys had ever heard of Turo. it's basically like air b&b for cars.

i made the mistake of loaning out my engagement ring money to a childhood friend with the promise that i'd get it back by summertime. about a month ago he hit me up and said that he wouldn't be able to have it until the end of the year :smh: can't be too mad though, because i knew it was a risk loaning it out in the first place.

anyway, the past month or so, i was scrambling to put together as much money as possible. i had heard of Turo a while ago and told my friends about it before, because i'd seen some cool cars on there that we considered renting for a day or so. my friend suggested i rent my car out since i was in need of money. i absolutely cherish my car even though it's getting old now (c63) and at first i was like hell no, but eventually i figured why not give it a shot since i needed the money. i've only rented it out for just under 2 weeks now and already made over $1300.

i've since managed to get all the money i need together for the ring and will be taking my car down off of Turo. i'll be real with you and say that i don't think you can necessarily expect to make $1500 every 2 weeks like i was on pace to do unless you have a car that a lot of people will want to try and test out. mine is matte wrapped with aftermarket mods and power upgrades and in the 2 weeks i had my car up for rent, not a single day went by where it wasn't rented at least partially for the day. from my basic research, it seems like a lot of bigger vehicles get rented out more often (probably for moving purposes).

both the renter and the rentee take out insurance for the rental through turo and your own insurance doesn't get touched at all if anything happens during the rental.

you can check the site out and i am shamelessly going to plug my referral code:

https://turo.com/referral?code=159250rfl1lV

check the site out and see what cars are available in your area for rental or you can try renting your own car out and try and make some extra cash.

You get $25 off your first rental if you sign up through my link and I get $25 off a future rental too. Just hoping enough of you guys sign up and use it so I can eventually rent a Ferrari or Aston Martin near me for free and dog the hell out of it :lol:

very cool concept.

No way in ****** hell i would ever rent out my car though. Absolutely never

Glad that worked out for you though man. That's pretty awesome you were able to get that ring money so fast. 

Congrats on the engagement fam

Last edited:
very cool concept.

Glad that worked out for you though man. That's pretty awesome you were able to get that ring money so fast. 

I don't have a cool car but .

What he said.

cant lie, thought the story was going to end with you losing the money and your car :lol:

glad it worked out, hopefully your friend pays you back too.

^ Yea, its Miami blue. I only know from playing with the new Cayman configurater lol. Iish is dope as hell, but the GT3 RS in purple is :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Test drove a 2010 335i and fell in love. Still comparing the pro's/con's between a LCI E90 335i vs. 328i before I pull the trigger.. The new car itch is growing fast tho :nerd:

Don't get a 2010 335, get a 2007-2008 so you get the N54 engine.  Same car, better engine, and you save some money.  Then you can go spend $600 for some OEM LCI taillights.
The N54 is better if he wants to mod and power, but the N55 is way more reliable.

That GT3 RS up there WOOOO *Ric Flair*

Yo I would never lend out my car. I was taught as a youth there's some things you don't let people borrow, money and your car being two of them.

Just purchased a 2010 Lexus GS 350 w/101k miles for $15k fully loaded with the Mark Levinson sound system. Has a tan interior, so what % tint would you guys go with if the car has a tan interior?
no more TSX? You had an 09 right? What happened to it?

I have a tan interior and 18% all around. It won't look as dark cause the interior is light.
Yea the TSX got totaled in the flood last month :frown: Sad to see it go.
damn that sucks man, water got in the engine bay?

I went into a puddle by mistake 2 weeks ago and I ended up messing up my AC compressor :smh:

Here's a pic with the tints that I posted a while back

I'm pretty sure like 75% of used cars on the road in S. Fla are bought from them. I see their decal or license plate frame on just about every car here.

more the likely the next place I buy a car just can't believe some of these prices with clean carsfaxes will defiantly need one of the experts in here to guide me through the do's and don'ts when buying out of state and without guides or help from my parents
I've never done business with them, but I've heard they're very reputable.

Look at this guy showing off lol :smokin :smokin

Anybody wanna fill me in with audi reliability?
I know Nissan/infiniti since I owned one before so at this point its either the q50 or a3-a4 or if they both don't work out then just gona stick to a jeep wrangler.
I would like to know as well. I rode inside the A4 a few weeks ago and I really liked the interior.

Honestly the base GT3 looks cleaner, but my eyes are pleased. I just want a fried egg 996 and I'm cool. My E39 540i is starting to show it's age. Greatest first car ever tho, but I barely drive it anymore because college is maintenance=money=college is not happy is bad.

E90 with N54 without one of the sport pacakges isn't a good idea. Without it oil temps shoot like a rocket.

Last edited:
That GT3 RS up there WOOOO *Ric Flair*

Yo I would never lend out my car. I was taught as a youth there's some things you don't let people borrow, money and your car being two of them.

Just purchased a 2010 Lexus GS 350 w/101k miles for $15k fully loaded with the Mark Levinson sound system. Has a tan interior, so what % tint would you guys go with if the car has a tan interior?
no more TSX? You had an 09 right? What happened to it?

I have a tan interior and 18% all around. It won't look as dark cause the interior is light.
Yea the TSX got totaled in the flood last month :frown: Sad to see it go.
damn that sucks man, water got in the engine bay?

I went into a puddle by mistake 2 weeks ago and I ended up messing up my AC compressor :smh:

Here's a pic with the tints that I posted a while back
nice :smokin

yea the water got in the engine bay and the dashboard :smh:

Do you have any side shots of the car?

I'm thinking of just doing 20% on the sides and 5% in the back window. What tint film did you use?

Last edited:
very cool concept.

Appreciate it man. Got the ring money together, but still gotta order it and plan out the actual proposal. I only made like $1300 in the two weeks from Turo, but cashed in investments and whatnot to get all the real money for the ring. I wanted to cry every time they drove away with the car. I'm sure my friend will pay me back when he can. I know he's struggling right now, but he's a good dude and I'm sure he'll bounce back soon enough.

Just thought it was a pretty cool concept and was hoping enough people would sign up so I could rent someone else's car for a day to play with. Actually there's a guy near me that has his own c63 on there, but he's got a weistec supercharger on it. Would be awesome to rent that and compare it for a day.

Last edited:
S THRITY EIIIIIIGHHHHHTTTTTTT. I love my M62's sound, but I crave a straight six.
I just want something thats easier to squeeze more power out of 
laugh.gif

I've done everything I can that makes any noticeable difference, only thing left is to drop $10k for the SC kit.

Last edited:
Look at this guy showing off lol
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Anybody wanna fill me in with audi reliability?
I know Nissan/infiniti since I owned one before so at this point its either the q50 or a3-a4 or if they both don't work out then just gona stick to a jeep wrangler.
Audi reliability is a lot better now a days than the early 2000s.  

If you're looking at the A3 specifically, the earlier A3s had turbo issues because of the needle design.  They redesigned the needle and fixed the issue.The A4's on the other hand are much more reliable since that's their bread and butter.  If you end up getting a more recent S4, it should be pretty rock solid since they're supercharged and not turbo.

I personally have an A5 and it's been solid for me for 3 years so far.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom