\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Saw the cleanest mk3 supra on my way home from work friday. Been looking all weekend at the logistics of bringing a rhd 1jz over from japan.

Not the same car but same color
Plenty of LHD MKIII's available in the states.  If you're serious about your search I would start with Supraforums.  There is a wealth of information regarding the MKIII and other Supra platforms on this forum.  I used it extensively to pick up my MKIV Supra:

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?13-MKIII-(1986.5-1992)

If you join the website there is a for sale section that you can check out that has MK II/ III/ IV cars for sale.  Also you can put up a wanted ad (which I did and it's how I eventually found my Supra) that is quite helpful on the search.

I might also suggest autotempest.com to search nationwide through criagslist/ cars.com/ autotrader for current cars for sale.

You also need to be open to traveling long distances to find the car as they are scattered throughout the country.  I found mine in Atlanta and drove it back to Dallas and had it shipped to Las Vegas.

PM me if you have any specific questions.  Good luck!

Last edited:
Depends on what you'll be using it for? If you plan on doing some off-roading it's a good truck but for what you'll be over paying you can probably build your own truck with better parts for a lot cheaper.

Fellas what's your opinion on a supra as a daily? My possible new commute is 43 miles one day. That'll be 430 miles a week. I currently have a lifted Tacoma and I don't want to put that many miles on it daily.
So you'd rather put the miles on a supra? Sounds odd to me.

Ya I figure it's not the most economical but it's better than my truck plus would probably be fun to drive.

BMW lease coming up, thinking about a A5
Dude VAG has been rolling out trash after the B7. 

The old spirit of the little 1.8T that could has gone to the Golf. 

Fellas what's your opinion on a supra as a daily? My possible new commute is 43 miles one day. That'll be 430 miles a week. I currently have a lifted Tacoma and I don't want to put that many miles on it daily.

The 2JZ is a solid engine and it's a fast car, but at the end of the day, you're paying down the *** for a 20 year old car because of some movie, why?

Because . . .

tumblr_nsosvoAIMO1uwz302o6_250.gif

I'm just asking around to see the pros and cons of it, what to expect if I did drive and get it and what's insurance like on these. Just starting my research now.

Dude VAG has been rolling out trash after the B7. 

The old spirit of the little 1.8T that could has gone to the Golf. 

hmm I'm not buying it just a lease and I'm not really into what's under the hood to be honest :lol:

When is it ending?  If i were you, I would wait for the new b9 A5 model coming out since it's completely new.  Otherwise if you want the older b8 style, you can probably get a good deal when the new one comes out.

ends next month so I'm waiting for the labor day deals, and I like how the b8 looks over b9

NT fam I ****** up I pulled into my garage at a dumb angle (I knew it was dumb but thought I could fit) and scraped the side **** :smh:

Last edited:
NT fam I ****** up I pulled into my garage at a dumb angle (I knew it was dumb but thought I could fit) and scraped the side **** :smh:
Ah yes. I did the same thing two years ago it left a white rubber substance on my right door. I got most of it off but it's on there pretty good along with light dents.

Did it leaves dent ? Scratch?

Its scratched and there's a dent like a little pushed in but it's not that noticeable or deep

(I'm too sad to post it damaged)

Last edited:
Its scratched and there's a dent like a little pushed in but it's not that noticeable or deep

(I'm too sad to post it damaged)
straighten up dude, it's a small dent. It's almost as bad as complaining bout a car wash swirl. It happens and the car has lost 0% of it's appeal.

You should see my 540 that got murdered by a curb.

Last edited:
How is a dent the same as a swirl? I remember once I got real drunk and left my car in the parking lot. When I picked it up in the morning it had a door dent about the size of a quarter. Felt like I was gonna kill someone :lol:

SO I NOTICED THAT AFTER HAVING 4 PACKAGES DELIVERED LAST SATURDAY THAT THERE WERE NOW 5 MORE PACKAGES COMING IN FROM CHEMICAL GUYS THAT JUST GOT DELIVERED. HEADED HOME NOW TO TAKE A LOOK BUT I'M ALMOST SURE THAT THEY DUPLICATED MY ORDER AND DIDN'T CHARGE ME FOR THE DUPLICATE :lol:

SO I NOTICED THAT AFTER HAVING 4 PACKAGES DELIVERED LAST SATURDAY THAT THERE WERE NOW 5 MORE PACKAGES COMING IN FROM CHEMICAL GUYS THAT JUST GOT DELIVERED. HEADED HOME NOW TO TAKE A LOOK BUT I'M ALMOST SURE THAT THEY DUPLICATED MY ORDER AND DIDN'T CHARGE ME FOR THE DUPLICATE :lol:
My pm is open :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom