\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

If i could choose between the Macan and the Cayenne, i would definitely opp for the Cayenne.  For a bigger SUV, i was really surprised at how well it drove.  I've driven a number of SUVs American  (Durangos, Explorers, Tahoes) and 4runners, etc. and the Cayenne blows them out of the water in terms of driving experience and sport.  The only other SUVs i would personally consider are the Cherokee SRT and the Range Rover.  

Can we discuss tuner shop etiquette briefly?

So I am looking to have some work done to my car. Naturally, I prefer my local independent Porsche shop to do the work. The problem? For some of the work they are quoting an OD amount of hours (4 hours for the short shifter, which is a 2 hour job max). They are also trying to talk me out of certain parts/brands and heavily pushing for another (perhaps they are incentivized, I don't know). So I am basically done with them.

Next up is an import tuner shop who is known for the quality of work they do. I contacted them for the X-pipe install and custom fabrication for the side mufflers (welding a 1.5" pipe on both). The quote for the welding is fine but they are quoting 4 hours to install the X-pipe (which again is a 1-2 hour job).

This cycle continues with other shops. Obviously I can go to any random muffler shop to get the X-pipe installed because it's such a simple job, and then take it to the tuner for the fabrication (and I can repeat this cycle with the other work I need done), but I would really prefer to consolidate the work to as few shops as possible).

I know a lot of people say to support your local shops (when it comes to ordering parts, etc.) but I'm not going to bend over and let them give it to me, especially when there's 100 threads in various forums from people who have completed the work and they all explicitly say the job should only take X hours (not to mention the manufacturer of the part says the same).

So what's the move?

^ Tough one bro. I'd talk to them about the hours saying you know from experience how long it should take and/or if they can provide solid reasons why it should take x amount lf hours. As well as letting them know you plan on spending money with them. If anything they may give you a break on your next round of mods.

You could hire a welder.

Give him the material and tell em how ya want it.

Last edited:
Can we discuss tuner shop etiquette briefly?

So I am looking to have some work done to my car. Naturally, I prefer my local independent Porsche shop to do the work. The problem? For some of the work they are quoting an OD amount of hours (4 hours for the short shifter, which is a 2 hour job max). They are also trying to talk me out of certain parts/brands and heavily pushing for another (perhaps they are incentivized, I don't know). So I am basically done with them.

Next up is an import tuner shop who is known for the quality of work they do. I contacted them for the X-pipe install and custom fabrication for the side mufflers (welding a 1.5" pipe on both). The quote for the welding is fine but they are quoting 4 hours to install the X-pipe (which again is a 1-2 hour job).

This cycle continues with other shops. Obviously I can go to any random muffler shop to get the X-pipe installed because it's such a simple job, and then take it to the tuner for the fabrication (and I can repeat this cycle with the other work I need done), but I would really prefer to consolidate the work to as few shops as possible).

I know a lot of people say to support your local shops (when it comes to ordering parts, etc.) but I'm not going to bend over and let them give it to me, especially when there's 100 threads in various forums from people who have completed the work and they all explicitly say the job should only take X hours (not to mention the manufacturer of the part says the same).

So what's the move?

1-2 HOURS TO INSTALL AN X-PIPE? :rofl: :rofl:

Having looked underneath a 997 turbo while it was on the lift, i feel like its reasonable to expect that you could swap the entire exhaust in about 25 minutes.

Thank god I got a buddy from work that bought a house with a lift in the garage. I'm no mechanic but an exhaust shouldn't take no 4 hours

Lift is a must have.  You can get a really nice 2-post from Twin Busch for $1,249.  Much cheaper than i had ever expected.  Ill definitely be getting one when i buy a house.

Blew my radiator today on my way to get black toe's
mean.gif

After waiting 3 hours for a tow truck i didn't even get the shoes

I WISH MY GARAGE CEILINGS WERE HIGH ENOUGH FOR A DECENT LIFT. THE NEXT HOUSE WILL DEF HAVE HIGH GARAGE CEILINGS.

MY 350R CALIPERS ARRIVED :pimp:

ALSO GOT MY MAGNETIC DOOR AND WINDSHIELD NUMBERS FOR THE TRACK

Back
Top Bottom