\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I have an Accord v6 coupe, and test drove a couple of Sports. If you dont like a CVT transmission dont get the sport, but people do seem to like how comfortable and reliable they are though.
my maxima has cvt,its cool but i find myself using sport mode alot...how is the pick up in the sport?
Of course it doesn't have the power/torque as the v6 Accord, but it's got better MPG and has plenty of power for what it is, it's not like you have to floor it everywhere to get up to speed and get up hills.  An Accord isn't a race car, it's a nice reliable daily driver, so IMO if I'm buying an Accord I'm going with the more economical option. And the fact it happens to be cheaper is just a bonus.  

FYI I'm actually considering leasing a new Accord for a new daily, either a Sport or Hybrid.  The Hybrid is more expensive but it's more loaded and even better MPG.

What are your thoughts so far? Debating between a Tahoe Yukon SLT or a Q50

LOVE IT. THIS IS A LTZ SO ITS FULLY LOADED. I HAVE EVERY OPTION EXCEPT POWER RUNNING BOARDS.

AND THIS IS MY 2ND TAHOE. MY 1ST ONE NEVER GAVE ME A SINGLE ISSUE, HOPING THE SAME THIS GO ROUND.

Last edited:
My brother has the same generation Suburban, and he has had nothing but problems. He would fix something until the next issue came up. Some pretty major things too.

I wanted the Tahoe really bad until he had all his issues. The interiors are pretty terrible compared to what they are putting out now. BTW the new Tahoe's are :smoking . That price tag though :x .

WHAT YEAR IS HIS BURBAN?

AND YEAH THE 2015-2017 TAHOE PRICE TAGS ARE :x :x :x :x :x

BUT

THIS TRUCK STILL HAD THE ORIGINAL WINDOW STICKER IN THE GLOVE BOX FROM 2012..... $56K BEFORE TAXES :wow: :wow:

SO THE NEW GEN PRICES ARENT TOO FAR OFF.

MY LAST TAHOE WAS A 04 THAT I GOT IN 2012..... SO I WAS TOTALLY UNAWARE OF THE PRICE POINT OF THE THIRD GEN'S AT THAT TIME BECAUSE I WASN'T LOOKING AT THEM....

AND RECENTLY I WAS RACKING MY BRAIN TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHY THESE 4TH GEN'S ARE SO EXPENSIVE.... BUT NOW I KNOW.

Last edited:
Would be leasing.
you should be safe with a lease. 

bmw has been making a lot of changes in their line up.

i personally would go after anything in the 4 series group (i dont need a 4 door)

just play around with the lease terms and pricing see what you can get for a little more 

you should be safe with a lease. 
bmw has been making a lot of changes in their line up.

i personally would go after anything in the 4 series group (i dont need a 4 door)

just play around with the lease terms and pricing see what you can get for a little more 

Really would love the 340/440 but I'm not trying to get into 500/month on a lease. Kind of hesitant on a 4 cylinder though. May have to test drive the 330 & 430 this weekend.

PICKED THIS UP YESTERDAY, FINALLY GOT THE CHARGER SOLD.

2012 LTZ. FULLY LOADED. GLAD TO BE BACK IN A TRUCK.

NOT A FAN OF THE RIMS BUT THEY'LL EITHER GET PAINTED BLACK OR SWAPPED OUT. GETTING TINTED TOMORROW, BACK TO MY 0% LIFESTYLE :lol:

THE BLACK OUT PROCESS WILL START THIS WEEK AS WELL. DELETING ALL CHROME.

Nice. Love Tahoes. How many miles on it? It's so hard to find one with low miles. It seems that everyone with one seems to drive a lot.

PICKED THIS UP YESTERDAY, FINALLY GOT THE CHARGER SOLD.

2012 LTZ. FULLY LOADED. GLAD TO BE BACK IN A TRUCK.

NOT A FAN OF THE RIMS BUT THEY'LL EITHER GET PAINTED BLACK OR SWAPPED OUT. GETTING TINTED TOMORROW, BACK TO MY 0% LIFESTYLE :lol:

THE BLACK OUT PROCESS WILL START THIS WEEK AS WELL. DELETING ALL CHROME.

Nice. Love Tahoes. How many miles on it? It's so hard to find one with low miles. It seems that everyone with one seems to drive a lot.

alot of em are used for livery.

Really would love the 340/440 but I'm not trying to get into 500/month on a lease. Kind of hesitant on a 4 cylinder though. May have to test drive the 330 & 430 this weekend.

340/440 would be great if it fits in the budget but IMO 330/430 is more than enough for a great daily. i like bmw's 4 cylinders more than lexus/benz's.

Don't even know how I ended up at an Infiniti dealership today but I just test drove a Q50 S red sport and I'm now on the Infiniti bandwagon. It was fantastic

Qx56?

a sports/luxury sedan vs a full size SUV is apples/oranges

if the question is GMC truck platform vs the QX56 im takin the QX...

interiors are garbage and fall apart on the GMCs, i wanted one so bad but i jus cant do it,

my father in law gets a new one every 3 years because he swears by them but only for the first 50k miles LOL

Nahh I meant the Q50 lol I really want a E350 4Matic but being honest with myself I can't afford the maintenance so I'm considering the Q50 but I feel the right move is just to grab a truck. So my current plan is grab a Tahoe or Yukon that I'll keep for decent period of time and go grab the benz next after I graduate next May and have a nice signing bonus to play with hopefully I'll be im the position to grab a CLS at that point.

Was just asking for a overall impression of Tahoes and Yukons I know there reliable as can be just trying to see if owners are overall satisfied with there purchase

Last edited:
since its going to be leased you should be fine with the 330/430

if anything happens bring it right back. 

ive always bought bmw coupes, had a couple sedans. 

purely aesthetics my choice would be the 430/440 

practicality the 330/340 im guessing would be best. 
THANKS. IT HAS 78.5K. WHICH IS ON PAR FOR ITS AGE. SO IM HAPPY
glasses.gif
is it still under warranty? 
Nahh I meant the Q50 lol I really want a E350 Matic but being honest with myself I can't afford the maintenance so my plan is grab a Tahoe or Yukon that I'll keep for decent period of time and go grab the benz next after I graduate next May and have a nice signing bonus to play with hopefully I'll be im the position to grab a CLS at that point.

Was just asking for a overall impression of Tahoes Yukons I know there reliable as can be just trying to see if owners are overall satisfied with there purchase
if youre in the market for a truck, reliability wise youll be hard pressed to find something better than a tahoe or yukon. 

unless youre 100% not mechanically savy and drive like a savage you wont have much issues if you keep up with either. 

they also have a number of packages between the two so if you want something premium go with anything in the bigger packages (we all want a denali)

e350 vs cls... cls any day of the week. 

any wrangler owners in here?

i daily drive my heffer JKU 

Last edited:
Been looking at CRV's too. I need the space, although Mazda interiors have been GORGEOUS. The 6 still has my heart, wish it came with a V6 option though. CX-5 looking real nice too.

Last edited:
at this point in 2017, are there any brand new cars that are still considered terrible to buy for reliability?

or for the most part any brand new car you buy no matter the brand you should be fine?

I'd still stay away from American cars. Their standards might have improved but aren't up to par with the Japanese.

Whenever it comes to that compact suv class, I've always been pretty fond of the Foresters.

The utilitarianism of it is very appealing to me. Even if it's a base Forester, you still feel like you got a good deal for the money.

-Drew

at this point in 2017, are there any brand new cars that are still considered terrible to buy for reliability?

or for the most part any brand new car you buy no matter the brand you should be fine?
I think it's hard to tell which brand new cars are more reliable at this point since most haven't been driven enough to tell

I saw an Infiniti Q60 last night and was Pretty impressed. The car looks really good in my opinion, they killed it.

Last edited:
I'd still stay away from American cars. Their standards might have improved but aren't up to par with the Japanese.

Honda quality has been laughable in recent memory (civic had to be relaunched after 2 years) and most Toyotas are built on America so...

Back
Top Bottom