\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Jumping onto the BMW bandwagon from a couple pages ago: My E46 M3 sitting on CCW C14s.

MYM3.png

THESE NUMBERS ARE NOT REASONABLE. $400/MO LEASE ON A $50K CAR WITH 0 DOWN, I DONT SEE THAT HAPPENING. ALSO, A $50K CAR DEPRECIATING TO $10K IN 8 YEARS IS ALSO NOT BELIEVABLE UNLESS ITS A PIECE OF SH*T. THE 2013 GT500 CAME OUT 4-5 YEARS AGO AND IS STILL IN THE $40K RANGE. TO SAY THAT CAR WILL BE $10K IN THE NEXT 4 YEARS IS NUTS.

Bring up a GT500? Cmon bruh you know damb well that's a terrible example.

But since I'm on the train, here ya go playa:

General rule in industry is monthly lease payment is 1% of sales price.
So for a $30K car, $300/month. Accords prob go for this all day.

Say you buy it, average value after 3 years of ownership (Edmunds) is 58%, or $17.4K. If you sell it then, you've paid $12,600 for 3-yrs.

Say you lease it, $300/month for 3 years cost you $10.8K.

You pay less with the lease.

But now let's say you keep the car another 3 years. Car's statistically worth 35% of its sales price, or $10,500. But of course maint/repairs come up, let's say $3K (that's prob understating). If you sell it then, you've paid $30K-$3K+$10.5K=$22.5K for 6-yrs.

Say you go into another lease, you end up paying another $10.8K for similar lease term. Your overall cost is $21.6K.

How's that sound?

My point is there's a reason smart people, businesses, corporations, etc lease things over buying. Locking up (usually large amounts of) cash into a car, machine, equipment, etc (any asset that depreciates heavily and becomes obsolete) isn't a good idea unless you're unable/unwilling to invest elsewhere. Or maintain it well and keep it for a long time. That said, as car enthusiasts, we make exception to fulfill an emotional need.

I don't even lease :lol:

All this lease is better alk assuming you're gonna eventually sell the car?

What about the simple scenario that you keep it? No monthly payments.

Finance the daily, lease anything else.

Bring up a GT500? Cmon bruh you know damb well that's a terrible example.

But since I'm on the train, here ya go playa:

General rule in industry is monthly lease payment is 1% of sales price.
So for a $30K car, $300/month. Accords prob go for this all day.

Say you buy it, average value after 3 years of ownership (Edmunds) is 58%, or $17.4K. If you sell it then, you've paid $12,600 for 3-yrs.

Say you lease it, $300/month for 3 years cost you $10.8K.

You pay less with the lease.

But now let's say you keep the car another 3 years. Car's statistically worth 35% of its sales price, or $10,500. But of course maint/repairs come up, let's say $3K (that's prob understating). If you sell it then, you've paid $30K-$3K+$10.5K=$22.5K for 6-yrs.

Say you go into another lease, you end up paying another $10.8K for similar lease term. Your overall cost is $21.6K.

How's that sound?

My point is there's a reason smart people, businesses, corporations, etc lease things over buying. Locking up (usually large amounts of) cash into a car, machine, equipment, etc (any asset that depreciates heavily and becomes obsolete) isn't a good idea unless you're unable/unwilling to invest elsewhere. Or maintain it well and keep it for a long time. That said, as car enthusiasts, we make exception to fulfill an emotional need.

I don't even lease :lol:

I WAS RESPONDING TO THE EARLIER POST WHICH REFERENCED A $50K CAR. THAT IS A WHOLE DIFFERENT GAME WHEN IN THAT RANGE OF MSRP.

MOST, KEY WORD MOST, $50K CARS WILL HOLD A BETTER VALUE. $30K IS IN THE RANGE OF THE EVERY MAN THROWAWAY CARS.

I STILL STAND BY MY STATEMENT THAT A LOT OF $50K CARS ARENT HITTING $10K IN 8 YEARS AS WELL AS GETTING A $400/MO LEASE ON A $50K CAR WITH 0 DOWN IS A STRETCH. I DONT CARE ABOUT WHICH IS BETTER BETWEEN LEASING AND BUYING. JUST POINTING OUT THE NUMBERS IN THAT PREVIOUS EXAMPLE WERE A BIT ABSURD.

All this lease is better alk assuming you're gonna eventually sell the car?

What about the simple scenario that you keep it? No monthly payments.

Finance the daily, lease anything else.

IF YOU DONT PLAN TO SELL THE CAR ONCE ITS PAID OFF THEN THE PERSON WHO BUYS WILL ALWAYS WIN.

Those expensive, non specialty cars depreciate just like an accord, and maintenance costs a lot more. I know i sure as **** dont want to deal with a 6+ year old bmw/mb with 100k+ on it. Which is what you end up with when you buy a luxury dd, most of the time. Id rather own a honda accord with 100k+ and over 6 years old.

The Maserati dealership by me offers a ghibli for lease for $0 down and only $499 a month.

You can only drive about 4k miles though :lol:

The Maserati dealership by me offers a ghibli for lease for $0 down and only $499 a month.

You can only drive about 4k miles though :lol:

Usually is .25 cents per mile over.

With another 3,000 miles x .25 = $750

$750 divided by 12 months = $62.50 a month

So around $562.50 a month for 7k miles with zero down isn't bad..

Even tho that model isn't the best.

So my girl got into the whole coupe vs sedan debate with me due to us expecting a baby soon and her sister in law also got involved. I'll never understand the stigma against having a baby and a two door, sure most don't want to deal with the hassle of getting the seat in and out but I'm fine with it. She's got herself an 08 Camry and I've got a 13 Gen Coupe. I told her that the next car I get would also be a coupe but she isn't having it. Her sister in law tried to say that coupes aren't safer than sedans so I looked it up, and my car was actually pretty safe in terms of the research I did. It even broke down how the impact in a crash could affect different areas of the body. Anybody ever had to deal with this? :smh: Telling me I have to give up my car and all that :lol:

20170804_130552 by metsn99, on Flickr

Decided to upgrade the wheels on my NSX to 18/19. Participated in the Elite Tuner/ Slammedenuff car show in Las Vegas last weekend and felt my 17/18 setup was not aggressive enough after seeing all the incredible cars in the show. Also planning to install a BBK and an NSX-R Momo steering wheel after that. I'll post up a pic once I get everything installed.

Here's a video of some of the featured cars from the show:

Back
Top Bottom